THE MYSTERIOUS PUMA PUNKU FOOTAGE

Initiate

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 11:42 pm » by Futuju

pindz wrote:here is video of ancient site of Puma Punku ..... from Russian expedition documentary... They actually say its older than 12000 BC and the stone was cut with laser technologies, YOU CANT REPRODUCE THIS TODAY . CHECK IT OUT >>>

"Determining the age of these ruins has been a focus of researchers since the site's discovery. Currently archaeologists date the beginning of the Tiwanaku culture to some time around 1500 BC, and the construction of the Pumapunku complex to around 200 BC. Previously, in the early 1900s, Bolivian engineer Arthur Posnansky, based on astronomical alignments, concluded that Tiwanaku was constructed as early as 15,000 B.C, possibly even older, and was not an original construction of the Tiwanaku. In the 1930s, German astronomers from the University of Bonn; Rolf Muller, Hanns Lundendorff, Friederich Becker, and Arnold Kohlshutter came to conclusions similar to Posnansky's estimate. However, as noted by Kolata subsequent archaeological research, has found a complete lack of any physical evidence, including prehistoric tools and dated midden deposits, for any occupation of the Tiwanaku site as old as argued by Posnansky and the German astronomers either at the Tiwanaku Site, near it, or in direct association with the Pumapunku complex despite decades of intensive excavation and research."
wikipedia

Initiate

PostFri Nov 13, 2009 11:54 pm » by Wompasdub

Cryptillian - I realize there are claims of the site being 15000 years old however there has been no physical evidence supporting this. Midden deposits and tools put the site at being built at 200 BCE. At this point the Tiwanaku civilization had been around for 1300 years and had complex irrigation systems and society. Their population peaked at around 400,000 so I don't doubt they had the manpower and logistical skills to pull it off. As for their lack of system of writing - Maybe they were using some sort of organic material to write things on. Look at our civilization, if we got wiped out tomorrow our recorded information wouldn't last very long especially not the digital records. I'm not suggesting they had a system of writing just presenting the possibility. I still believe they could build the site even without one cultures did it all the time, especially Native American ones.

Here is a good picture for you guys, it shows a Diorite vase from Egypt. This is pre-dynastic so it is before the Egyptian civilization was even at its height of power. Did they use lazers to cut this as well? (I had to resize the image to under 728 px :\)

Initiate

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 12:04 am » by Aquarius

cryptillian wrote:
pindz wrote:@cryptillian

its done with ALIEN TECHNOLOGY.

i highly doubt that advanced alien civilizations still use rocks as their primary building technique

using lead staples to hold rock together is hardly advanced technology :flop:

if it was aliens...where are the nano-polymer tubes?

and synthetic crystalline structures?

and the exotic metallic alloys?

and the never been seen before systems of joinery and fasteners?

when we go camping do we just find an abandoned bear den and lay down in it?

you are proposing a similarly illogical idea...right?

I like your logic, but I still sway towards alien engineering. Why? Due to the monumental proportions of the stones. The stones are argued to have been transported up a steep incline from a quarry near Lake Titicaca roughly 20 miles away. Some of the blocks are said to weigh in the range of 100–130 tons. One notable block has been measured at 36 feet long, 16 feet wide and 6 feet thick. Puma Punku is situated over 12,000 feet above seas level. Trees cannot grow at this height. It is argued that they dragged the stones up the steep inclive to this point on lama skins. :headscratch: Some of the cut joints are so accurate that a razor blade cannot even fit through the joints. The blocks were so precisely cut as to suggest the possibility of prefabrication and mass production, technologies far in advance of the Tiwanaku’s Incan successors hundreds of years later. These guys have no record of being able to write, no records of religion or teachings. No form of mortar was used, the stones just fit together like a jigsaw, so if there is an earthquake they just jingle about and fit perfectly back into place.

Where is all the nano-polymer tubes, synthetic crystalline structures etc. Looted, this place is 1000s of years old, do you think that anything that was shiney would remain? Even the stone was stolen for use in construction.

Why are they're no answers about this site, because they are hidden from us? Why, because they think we can't handle the truth.
God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh

Master Conspirator

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 12:17 am » by Cornbread714

I think there is still plenty of mystery connected to these ancient sites.

Perhaps the truth is somewhere in between the ancient astronaut theories and the advocates of strictly human innovation.

It certainly seems somewhat incredible to me that so many early civilizations were able to build monuments of this magnitude and expertise without a damn good reason. And the methods still confound the experts.

It does appear to me that there were motives and techniques that we still don't fully understand.

I think it's difficult to explain it all from any modern point of view, but I still believe skepticism is in order and I think most of the New Age take on the matter is completely suspect. Lots of half-baked spiritual mumbo-jumbo and financial agendas in that arena...
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 12:39 am » by Wompasdub

Well, this is the way I look at it. And believe me when I say I studied Cultural and Physical Anthropology with a minor in history + middle eastern studies in University before becoming a Software Engineer instead because I've spent a lot of time thinking about antiquity. What you have to keep in mind is these people had absolutely nothing to do with their time other than stare at the sky, ponder life (where we get religions), and build ridiculous things. Once the day was done as far as survival goes - IE hunting, working the fields, building the house there wasn't much to do. On top of that, you have a lot of civilizations who used slavery. Native Americans would take slaves when they battled with other groups as did many other cultures throughout the world. They had a lot of time on their hands to figure out how to build things. On top of that they were incredibly devoted and there wasn't much value placed upon human life. It doesn't surprise me that you see a lot of innovation especially when it comes to religious or royalty related items. I don't believe in the ancient astronaut theories there just isn't evidence that isn't purely speculation. Religion was created for two reasons: 1.) explain why the world works the way it does 2.) control populations. It wasn't because anyone saw anything and when they claimed to it was because they were schizos or tripping on DMT.

Another thing to take into consideration is the fact that Archaeology is like detective work. You take physical evidence from a site whether it be artifacts or buildings and then try and reconstruct the culture and the buildings themselves. It goes without saying that things decay over time and it's amazing archaeologists are able to reconstruct the life and buildings they do. The fact that a 2000 year old site in a climate conducive to decay a lot of things aren't going to survive making it more difficult for very basic things to be explained. It doesn't necessarily mean aliens had anything to do with it. That sort of logic is the same as why religion was invented in the first place: to give explanation to something one cannot explain at that point in time.

edit: tried to make that as coherent as possible, but I plan to go drinking in a bit and am currently pre-gaming so try to make sense of it

Master Conspirator

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 1:34 am » by Cornbread714

wompasdub wrote:Well, this is the way I look at it. And believe me when I say I studied Cultural and Physical Anthropology with a minor in history + middle eastern studies in University before becoming a Software Engineer instead because I've spent a lot of time thinking about antiquity. What you have to keep in mind is these people had absolutely nothing to do with their time other than stare at the sky, ponder life (where we get religions), and build ridiculous things. Once the day was done as far as survival goes - IE hunting, working the fields, building the house there wasn't much to do. On top of that, you have a lot of civilizations who used slavery. Native Americans would take slaves when they battled with other groups as did many other cultures throughout the world. They had a lot of time on their hands to figure out how to build things. On top of that they were incredibly devoted and there wasn't much value placed upon human life. It doesn't surprise me that you see a lot of innovation especially when it comes to religious or royalty related items. I don't believe in the ancient astronaut theories there just isn't evidence that isn't purely speculation. Religion was created for two reasons: 1.) explain why the world works the way it does 2.) control populations. It wasn't because anyone saw anything and when they claimed to it was because they were schizos or tripping on DMT.

Another thing to take into consideration is the fact that Archaeology is like detective work. You take physical evidence from a site whether it be artifacts or buildings and then try and reconstruct the culture and the buildings themselves. It goes without saying that things decay over time and it's amazing archaeologists are able to reconstruct the life and buildings they do. The fact that a 2000 year old site in a climate conducive to decay a lot of things aren't going to survive making it more difficult for very basic things to be explained. It doesn't necessarily mean aliens had anything to do with it. That sort of logic is the same as why religion was invented in the first place: to give explanation to something one cannot explain at that point in time.

edit: tried to make that as coherent as possible, but I plan to go drinking in a bit and am currently pre-gaming so try to make sense of it

It all made sense, but I don't necessarily agree.

I'm not saying the pyramids were built by aliens with lasers but I don't rule out the possibility of contact in the past and present and I just tend to steer away from the total debunker stance or the believer stance.

You're right, any ancient astronaut theories are mere speculation, which isn't bad, in and of itself.

Let's just recognize it as such.

As far as psychedelics and their role, I think you dismiss those aspects too lightly.

The human imagination (with the aid of power plants) has had a huge role in our advancement from those mysterious ancient times to the present.

Try not to get too cold and clinical in your assessment of the cosmos.

You like alcohol (so do I!), but don't knock the other mind-altering substances. It's not just the realm of "schizos".

Initiate

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 1:57 am » by Wompasdub

lol I also smoke a ton of weed. I have done a few hallucinogens in the past and I recognize it for what it does. Alters your consciousness. I also said either schizos or on hallucinogens, I'm not tying the two together at all. As far as contact past/present goes, I say there is a slight possibility I don't say anything is impossible within reason. That's as far as I go with that, until I see concrete proof I can't go either way.

Master Conspirator

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 2:17 am » by Cornbread714

wompasdub wrote: As far as contact past/present goes, I say there is a slight possibility I don't say anything is impossible within reason. That's as far as I go with that, until I see concrete proof I can't go either way.

I can't argue with that. I have yet to be swayed either way, as well.

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 4:26 am » by Roachman

Puma Punku is truly one of the most notable and complex structures of it's time even today yes we would have great difficulty reproducing it let alone reasembling it.
Did Aliens help to build it? Not likley but given how ancient it is the real marvel of it all is how long it takes any race to build up to such an artistic and high level of thinking.
Not many places compare with Puma Punku in it's gigantic porportions and mathematical
perfection. The Civilisation that created this monumental structure must have had thousands of prior years to develope .
cool topic

Initiate

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 7:16 am » by Wompasdub

roachman wrote:Puma Punku is truly one of the most notable and complex structures of it's time even today yes we would have great difficulty reproducing it let alone reasembling it.
Did Aliens help to build it? Not likley but given how ancient it is the real marvel of it all is how long it takes any race to build up to such an artistic and high level of thinking.
Not many places compare with Puma Punku in it's gigantic porportions and mathematical
perfection. The Civilisation that created this monumental structure must have had thousands of prior years to develope .
cool topic

Yeah, probably a bit more than 1300 years worth. A lot longer than the USA and a lot of other countries have been around.

PreviousNext