The New American Manifesto...

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 07, 2009 2:50 am » by Spock

I realize this was posted before - but we got off topic and lost from the original message. And that was partly my fault. Please accept my apology.

I would like to reopen it. I would also like honest opinion from as many people as will take the time to watch it and comment.

If you have 6:35 to I urge you to listen to this and let me know what you think.

In my opinion it should be the "New American Manifesto".
[youtube]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeYscnFpEyA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeYscnFpEyA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 07, 2009 3:03 am » by Towelie

I think it is right, the way things are the U.S. seems in a pittyfull state, but i gotta say its still a good step up from the U.K.plc.
Im not sure about the, have everyone do military service thing, when i first came outta the army this was my point of view, seeing kids geting wasted on the streets and getting into trouble, i used to always say a good stint in the army will sort them out, ive softened my view on this now though.

Something does need done though.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 07, 2009 5:17 am » by Drextin

Don't beat yourself up spock. On the other thread I never watched the video I just replied to the replies...........my mistake!

That video is one of the most inspiring things I've seen in a long time.

One of my biggest gripes is this whole spanish language debate. They come here illegally or legally and instead of them learning my language in my country I am expected to learn theirs. If I went to France and demanded they speak english because I'm too lazy to learn french I'd be considered an arrogant american. Yet I'm an arrogant american for expecting those who come here to speak english. This kinda stupidity sparks racism in those who aren't racist.

"The servants have become the masters" that is one of the best quotes to sum up our present government. The points he made about elected officials not having to worry about the things that the people do and how that influences their votes was excellent. I didn't know most of that.

I might actually try the teabag thing<--------------not related to the bi future thread! :P
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Initiate

PostTue Apr 07, 2009 5:40 am » by Kyo121

didn't he get summoned to the white house to talk to obama about that video? i wonder if he'll still do new videos like those or he'll either stop or will do propaganda for the government...that would be a shame.

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 07, 2009 6:22 am » by Drextin

kyo121 wrote:didn't he get summoned to the white house to talk to obama about that video? i wonder if he'll still do new videos like those or he'll either stop or will do propaganda for the government...that would be a shame.

If he was summoned to the whitehouse he scared someone. If he does back off then you'll know for sure something is up.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Writer

PostTue Apr 07, 2009 6:46 am » by Eyajwhynsos

I'm guessing I should repost this here then:

...does any one ever step back and think perhaps the reason totalitarianism comes about or dictator ship or any other form of control happens is not because we are idiots, but because we are NATURALLY conservative lifeforms? The majority of humanity just wants tomorrow to be just like to day, predictable (so they can survive), and as long as they are able to do what they are doing today tomorrow, there won't be a revolt or any action by the majority. In fact that is how dictatorship, fascism and so on come about not by direct force but through subtly or indirect means so as to not disturb a mans day to day life very much till its too late....like the crab in a pot being boiled slowly alive.

Hate to be the pessimist but videos like the one in the OP does little more then create stress and feelings of hopelessness, the human body acts better in immediate fear not subtle or indirect fear. The first thing you or anyone else bent on convincing the rest of us to ,quote: WAKE UP, unquote, is to find a permanent (not semi or some what but 100% permanent)way to get people to become proactive as oppose to being the reactive individuals we are, because other wise you're just preaching to the choir....and that's my thought for this moment, thanks....

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 07, 2009 2:39 pm » by Spock

Thanks, I appreciate everyone's input so far. I am really interested to read DarkPlanets view on this as well.

Super Moderator

PostTue Apr 07, 2009 3:03 pm » by Spock

eyajwhynsos wrote:I'm guessing I should repost this here then:

...does any one ever step back and think perhaps the reason totalitarianism comes about or dictator ship or any other form of control happens is not because we are idiots, but because we are NATURALLY conservative lifeforms? The majority of humanity just wants tomorrow to be just like to day, predictable (so they can survive), and as long as they are able to do what they are doing today tomorrow, there won't be a revolt or any action by the majority. In fact that is how dictatorship, fascism and so on come about not by direct force but through subtly or indirect means so as to not disturb a mans day to day life very much till its too late....like the crab in a pot being boiled slowly alive.

Hate to be the pessimist but videos like the one in the OP does little more then create stress and feelings of hopelessness, the human body acts better in immediate fear not subtle or indirect fear. The first thing you or anyone else bent on convincing the rest of us to ,quote: WAKE UP, unquote, is to find a permanent (not semi or some what but 100% permanent)way to get people to become proactive as oppose to being the reactive individuals we are, because other wise you're just preaching to the choir....and that's my thought for this moment, thanks....

Ultimately, both parties (the entire government) are controlled by lobbyists and special interests. I've seen it throughout the republican party just as much as the democrats, my own state republican senator Lindsey Graham is the poster child of a flip flopping career politician.

It's time we vote all the bums out and demand term limits. That will create the catalyst for real change. And at least start us on a path towards cleaning the mess up. As we look at the whole picture, it's just too much to take it all on at once.

But maybe if everyone voted, for the candidate that advocated term limits (both parties) maybe it would start to take hold.

Writer

PostTue Apr 07, 2009 3:41 pm » by Eyajwhynsos

We should all vote for the right person...but how do you do that with, possible election frauds, bush 2000 and 2004, with as you say lobyist, especially aipac who if you aren't bowing down to israel, then forget about it, we as a whole aren't a persistent and determined race, that's why you can go online to hundreds of thousands of forums where we talk about what should be done, and very few place in the real world you can actually go to in comparison as to where things are actually getting done... :(

PostTue Apr 07, 2009 4:23 pm » by Crowley

Great post... :clapper: the persons name is Dr. Bob Basso I believe and he was summoned to the White House :nails: , I never heard how that turned out however. But you know what will happen if he does'nt watchout :shooting: :censored:
Do as thou wilt is the whole of the law.