The news has been sad...I feel sad...I need advice

Initiate

PostThu Jan 13, 2011 8:54 am » by Liveecarbme

Throw away your television. It is designed to make you feel small, insignificant and powerless to change the world you live in. Honestly you're in control of how you feel. Yes at times we're all overwhelmed. Yeah, things can be shitty...I turned a buddy on to DTV and C2CAM-bad idea-he got real down(this was during the hieght of the Iraq fiasco and the Bush regime)I could see he wasn't ready for the gloom/doom shite that tends to permeate the airwaves/net. Things are not as bad as they are made out to be. The sun is still warm...food is still available(shit I'm reading McCarthy's The Road right now-holy shit it's depressing). Bottom line:
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-M.H. Ghandi
Spend time with close and funny friends and family(especially children before they're pre-teens). Enjoy a good meal-cook it if you can. Go camping-no TV, newspapers, radio, cellphone for a few days. Visit a national monument-explore the fact that eons ago people existed and thrived on little more that basic hunting gathering-and were able to find prosperity despite not having electricity, basic sanitation and distractions like TV and internet.
Live simply. Refrain from focusing too much on what is proposed to happen soon. Examine each moment for its simple beauty.
If you have one lose yourself in a hobby, a favorite sport. Stretch.
Exercise more than usual-feel the blood in your muscles. Chop wood and build a fire. Tell those who mean the most in your life, just how important they are to you.
Breathe.
Don't surrender and don't be a victim to the world-be it's master. :wink:

Initiate

PostThu Jan 13, 2011 9:00 am » by Purebase

man i dont know what it is but chopping wood and building a fire is very friggin theraputic .
great suggestion man :flop: i love doing that
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either".
Einstein

Super Moderator

PostThu Jan 13, 2011 9:02 am » by Slith

liveecarbme,
I can live with that. Good post

Canubis wrote:
THIS is is a thread you lock and ban me for you retarded goat!

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 13, 2011 12:25 pm » by Svaha

willbraham wrote:Hey guys,

I'm feeling really depressed lately. The news and everything has really upset me; Tuscon shooting, Australia's flooding, Divided country, the wars, stupid Nancy Grace and her child kidnappings, the constant pessimism, etc, etc. etc...

I was just hoping that someone had some advice for me...I know that many will say turn off the tv, but even with the idiot box put away, my mind still races on the reality of our situation...It's hard finding comfort in the MATRIX, because everyone is so into themselves and consuming and getting effed up...

I really just want to find something that I can dedicate myself to, and knowing that what I'm doing is helping people in the right way.

If anyone has any advice to help keep my depression at bay, or to ease the mental calamity it makes me feel.

I feel like crying because I don't know what I can do to help...myself or anyone else.

I don't know...I guess this was just me reaching out for some help.

I really do hope all of you are happy, loved and loving, feel safe, feel needed, and smile without feeling jaded.

Peace be with all of you.

Thanks for forum MODS. You're all great.

I wish you a good feeling

Upload to Disclose.tv

Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 13, 2011 12:32 pm » by 99socks

willbraham wrote:
I really just want to find something that I can dedicate myself to, and knowing that what I'm doing is helping people in the right way.

That's the ticket right there! And the thing is, it doesn't have to be big. Just get up each morning and set your mind to finding one thing you can do for one person. You can even play a game with yourself and start keeping score, trying to do more than you did the day before.

And know, that you (and everyone else) is exactly where they are supposed to be. :sunny:
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 13, 2011 12:46 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

Hey Will,

I`m glad you posted this, I recently feel the same and have hard times staying on track.

But I know that all is changing and all has a season.

I stoped watching news, and that helps me. I think, I can`t simply change by will, no,I can`t. So I must go on as long as it goes. And that`s really ok.

Keep simply going, have a daily shower, eat at least twice a day, and have daily outdoor walks. This is what I do right now.

A nice screw might help, also wood chopping. But mostly helps - letting go as it wants to go.

Also depressive guys like us are deeply gifted entities among the many wonderful easy - goers.

C`mon, keep going...
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Initiate

PostThu Jan 13, 2011 1:22 pm » by Generalen

8-) hell all the shit that is going on in the world just make me stronger and more dangerus. I have 3 kids and a wife to take care of and am gona do whatever and i mean whatever it takes to put food on the table and to keep them safe. when all is going to hell and the game is on i NO what to do. so turn your tv on again and learn what to do when its going to hell.its survivaltime ahead. think of this way and your gona feel better i guarentee you gona feel your power is coming back to you :dancing: :dancing: :banana: :dancing: :dancing: YOU ARE YOUR THE BEST YOU ARE HUMAN
whell hello

Initiate

PostThu Jan 13, 2011 1:48 pm » by Liveecarbme

"man i dont know what it is but chopping wood and building a fire is very friggin theraputic .
great suggestion man i love doing that" -purebase
Thnx-i think it appeals to the our(mankind's)primal needs and desires-to see the fruits of our labor. It's a simple but essential activity...whether in the woods, on the beach or even in your backyard-oh and nice hardwood smells REALLY good.
:cheers:
"liveecarbme,
I can live with that. Good post"-dlslith
Thank you- I think that ANY activity helps. Sex, hugging someone...hell, even just driving around-with no destination at all. Just the sensation of NOW is theraputic. Enlightenment through the common...a practice I adhere to and that was revered by the samurai.
Spaulding Grey always seems to get my spirits up...as oddly amusing as he may be.(RIP)

Upload to Disclose.tv

:cheers:

Initiate

PostThu Jan 13, 2011 10:05 pm » by Willbraham

WOW!

All your posts have been sooooo helpful and useful!

I can't believe so many kind members responded to my small and silly problem.

Everything posted has absolutely helped me start seeing things the way I want to, and not the way the negativity of the world wants me to.

From the kind videos, to the humor is key, to the being active, to helping anyone, even myself, all has been a breath of fresh air on my mental state.

Thank you all so, so, so much!

Today is a new day and intend to seize it.

I consider you all friends, even before I ever posted on the forums. I know many of us feel the same way and knowing that I'm not the only one who felt this way or alone is more than invigorating, it's comforting to my soul.

I truly wish everyone on these forums, and just in the world, peace and love and harmony and trust and security and a purpose for themselves.

Love you all. Thanks again for all your help and generosity. :hugging: :sunny: :peace: :flowers:

Initiate

PostThu Jan 13, 2011 10:10 pm » by Sevenofnine

liveecarbme wrote:Throw away your television. It is designed to make you feel small, insignificant and powerless to change the world you live in. Honestly you're in control of how you feel. Yes at times we're all overwhelmed. Yeah, things can be shitty...I turned a buddy on to DTV and C2CAM-bad idea-he got real down(this was during the hieght of the Iraq fiasco and the Bush regime)I could see he wasn't ready for the gloom/doom shite that tends to permeate the airwaves/net. Things are not as bad as they are made out to be. The sun is still warm...food is still available(shit I'm reading McCarthy's The Road right now-holy shit it's depressing). Bottom line:
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-M.H. Ghandi
Spend time with close and funny friends and family(especially children before they're pre-teens). Enjoy a good meal-cook it if you can. Go camping-no TV, newspapers, radio, cellphone for a few days. Visit a national monument-explore the fact that eons ago people existed and thrived on little more that basic hunting gathering-and were able to find prosperity despite not having electricity, basic sanitation and distractions like TV and internet.
Live simply. Refrain from focusing too much on what is proposed to happen soon. Examine each moment for its simple beauty.
If you have one lose yourself in a hobby, a favorite sport. Stretch.
Exercise more than usual-feel the blood in your muscles. Chop wood and build a fire. Tell those who mean the most in your life, just how important they are to you.
Breathe.
Don't surrender and don't be a victim to the world-be it's master. :wink:

What that person said.yeaaaa.
Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Previous