the noob effect...

Super Moderator

PostTue Jun 02, 2009 8:35 pm » by TheDuck

All true as always from TheDuck, don't be sorry for moi.

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 02, 2009 8:49 pm » by Drextin

Hey bug I checked out your thread and put bing on my speeddial I'm about to go post a comment on it as soon as I finish here.

Duck,
Brave post my friend. Also very cool of you to keep his memory alive. Even at such an early age he might not have fully comprehended the real dangers of the sport but he most certainly was aware of his love for it. It could have been you just as easily so no one is to blame it is the nature of the beast.

You rock ducky.......encase I haven't told you that yet.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 02, 2009 8:54 pm » by Ph0enix

theduck wrote:Yeh Ive seen a few people die and I'm only young I've seen compound fractures people bite there tongue off and more brocken bones etc.. as i used to race motocross, I landed on someones head the once when i was about 11 they had already broken their shoulder, they had brainstem death so the machine had to be turned off at 11am the next day R.I.P. Jonathon horne, pershore.

I've seen someone die a few times, but I've seen someone get killed just once. I was doing a roll-out of network and server crap for Eckard/Brooks Drug Stores in Manhattan. One of the stores I worked on was in Long Island. I took a break and went outside to smoke a cig and saw a woman try to cross the street, get hit by a car, fly at least 10 feet, and the car fly off. I was stuck... I almost burned my fingers just letting the cig burn without even realizing I was smoking anymore. The lady layed there for a while, then started spasming, then made a face similar to a roadkill. I don't mean to sound heartless with my roadkill statement, but it was a shocked, painful death type look and thats the best way I can explain it. By this point I was standing in the crowd with everyone else telling the cops what kinda car it was that hit her as I SAW EVERYTHING. Somehow she caught my eye and I felt the need to watch her cross the street. Her death was so violent that I felt her finally passing was "mercy."

Initiate

PostTue Jun 02, 2009 9:06 pm » by Warngen

damn...i felt my heart drop as you were telling that story...
what an unexpected, sad way to be knocked off...
It's only information and it is freely given. It doesn't cost you anything and you are under no obligation to believe it or act upon it, or criticize it either. It's just an opinion given in the interest of helping and nothing more.
You come to your own conclusions based on your own experience

Super Moderator

PostTue Jun 02, 2009 9:11 pm » by TheDuck

Fairplay drex and you rock to have noticed an incredible change, I've been saying to my girlfriend people can change man, and my incident was unfortunate because it was the boys grandparents who were taking him at the time and his parents wanted nothing to do with it, so therefore it fell on the grandparents heads he was a pretty good friend, one of my best motocross friends and he had a shoddy bike(I went on it it was like a death trap you turn left and it goes right), his grandparents just brought him a new bike for his birthday or Christmas can't remember which, nice bike though the same as mine Honda cr85 Big wheel i was playing football with him the night before a 2 day meeting was flying round on the day lapped him and unfortunately that happened on a double ski jump, and i don't think its that brave to tell just true, its amazing what you don't know about people isn't it, I was about 11 or 12 when it happened in the 6 week holiday from school, people were like so what did you do this holiday, I was like didn't you see the front page of every paper?

@warngen yeh especially when the grandparents wanna drive there van into a wall because they can't handle it an you have to stop them. Ill never forget him though lovely kid. Try not to feel bad people I do but I do seriously know it was just one of them things, I did get interviewed by the murder squad but obviously it was one of them things and I did carry on racing after until my mom had an affair with someone from the club but that's another story.

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 02, 2009 9:28 pm » by Drextin

ph0enix wrote:
theduck wrote:Yeh Ive seen a few people die and I'm only young I've seen compound fractures people bite there tongue off and more brocken bones etc.. as i used to race motocross, I landed on someones head the once when i was about 11 they had already broken their shoulder, they had brainstem death so the machine had to be turned off at 11am the next day R.I.P. Jonathon horne, pershore.

I've seen someone die a few times, but I've seen someone get killed just once. I was doing a roll-out of network and server crap for Eckard/Brooks Drug Stores in Manhattan. One of the stores I worked on was in Long Island. I took a break and went outside to smoke a cig and saw a woman try to cross the street, get hit by a car, fly at least 10 feet, and the car fly off. I was stuck... I almost burned my fingers just letting the cig burn without even realizing I was smoking anymore. The lady layed there for a while, then started spasming, then made a face similar to a roadkill. I don't mean to sound heartless with my roadkill statement, but it was a shocked, painful death type look and thats the best way I can explain it. By this point I was standing in the crowd with everyone else telling the cops what kinda car it was that hit her as I SAW EVERYTHING. Somehow she caught my eye and I felt the need to watch her cross the street. Her death was so violent that I felt her finally passing was "mercy."

No matter how public a death is you just can't help but feel the loneliness in it. Maybe even more so than dying alone. You have all these people watching your demise who are feeling sympathy but at the same time thanking god it was not them or their loved ones. Those emotions show up very well on people's faces and you have to believe for the victims seeing people looking that way has to be awful.

Ducky,
I had started to mention that at that age parents well in this case grandparents hold the majority of responsibility because unlike the child they DO realize the dangers involved. I'm not casting blame so much as I am deflecting it from you who has no blame in this at all.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Super Moderator

PostTue Jun 02, 2009 10:15 pm » by TheDuck

I know drex and Ive tried to say Ive seen a very admiral change in you, I hope others including mep have too, it takes a real man to change, a real f**kin man, Mep if your listening realize this and adapt accordingly please, otherwise you may take unnecessary grief. You are a good person Mep so realize this and act accordingly without malice.

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 16, 2009 5:07 am » by Mep630

mep630 wrote:lol, you know who you are...

Upload to Disclose.tv

This is too funny, bumped for the gamers...

Upload to Disclose.tv

If you help the Oppressors, eventually you and your family will be oppressed.

www.mind-wars.com

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 16, 2009 5:13 am » by Lucidlemondrop

drextin wrote:Of course death in the real world isn't cool. But ducky is speaking about movie deaths and saying a movie has cool death scenes is in no way making the claim he enjoys watching real people die.

Movie deaths allow us to experience death in a way that we are not afforded in our real lives. Just as we love watching the underdog win the race or the plain dude get the hot chic we love to watch others misery.

Good one, dex!

I like this post, glad it came back around for the newbs!
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Writer

PostTue Jun 16, 2009 6:58 am » by Texas6431

mep630 wrote:lol, you know who you are...

Upload to Disclose.tv

THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THIS UP HERE !! I AGREE 150% that is all.....texas6431
"The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly.
One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."
- Nikola Tesla.

PreviousNext