The Picture.

Conspirator

PostFri Jun 21, 2013 11:24 pm » by Webcat

Have you a picture that sums up what you feel about the world in the 21st century?

This is mine.

When I first saw this picture I cried buckets - it affected me so much.

Then I found out that the photographer took his life because he felt so useless, so unable to change things.

Don't we owe it to the photographer and the child to bloody well change things?

Because children are still dying, every day, some for the want of a glass of clean water.

I've volunteered my services to 'Save the children' as a teacher and hope they will accept me.

Sometimes, we have to act - even if its not in our best interests - but we have to do something.

"Humanity is made by humans - and love of fellow of humans."

Lets give love a chance, please let us try for God sake.

Webcat.

:hugging:

Super Moderator

PostFri Jun 21, 2013 11:42 pm » by Troll2rocks

That's a very sad image. It's a completely sick world we live in while we sit around oblivious to real suffering. We are all responsible for this continuing, even if consciously we don't want it to.

Reality is harsh, and needlessly cruel. Money is to blame for all of this. Not only our want of it, but how it also makes us oblivious to the real world outside by becoming a society that depends upon consumer driven products, till fill the voids in our pathetic lives. Where does that void truly come from though? I think social cultural exclusion is to blame.
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator

PostFri Jun 21, 2013 11:53 pm » by Webcat

Troll2rocks wrote:That's a very sad image. It's a completely sick world we live in while we sit around oblivious to real suffering. We are all responsible for this continuing, even if consciously we don't want it to.

Reality is harsh, and needlessly cruel. Money is to blame for all of this. Not only our want of it, but how it also makes us oblivious to the real world outside by becoming a society that depends upon consumer driven products, till fill the voids in our pathetic lives. Where does that void truly come from though? I think social cultural exclusion is to blame.

But we can change that image - just by a single act.

thanks! :flop:

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 22, 2013 12:25 am » by Opalserpent

Troll2rocks wrote:That's a very sad image. It's a completely sick world we live in while we sit around oblivious to real suffering. We are all responsible for this continuing, even if consciously we don't want it to.

I agree.

To think there are dogs out there with inheritance that could feed a village of
africans for decades.

Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 22, 2013 12:28 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 22, 2013 12:41 am » by *WillEase*

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 22, 2013 12:49 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Like we never knew :bang;

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 22, 2013 12:54 am » by Perronick

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 22, 2013 1:02 am » by Doogle

Image]

No, this doesn't sum up my whole attitude, but it was one I found whilst reading something unpleasant about us as a whole and I thought it showed what we forget, that we all love and hurt and feel a sense of loss and that this little girl in the picture will never have her voice heard.

It could be any of us.

Carry on playing C O D, cuz kids like that ain't playing it, they're living it.

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 22, 2013 1:04 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Doogle wrote:Image]

No, this doesn't sum up my whole attitude, but it was one I found whilst reading something unpleasant about us as a whole and I thought it showed what we forget, that we all love and hurt and feel a sense of loss and that this little girl in the picture will never have her voice heard.

It could be any of us.

Carry on playing C O D, cuz kids like that ain't playing it, they're living it.

Fuck doogs, thats a serious pic m8..... :pray:

Next