The Presumptuousness of Atheism

Conspirator

PostThu May 03, 2012 2:33 am » by Constabul

First i will say, that my opinion, or view of such beliefs anymore. Equates to a Chosen philosophic view. That may or may not include deity worship.

Spock wrote: we are not preprogrammed robots.

This is not true. In the sense we can monitor genetics to the level of locating the "Programs" in the gene sequence that make you, the person you are... Physically.
congenital factors, Rare diseases, deformities.. the list goes on and on. Many of these affecting factors have been mapped, or in the process of being mapped. To the point that medications (chemistry) can balance, cure, or off set the effects of such illnesses or other medical issues.

This is all programming in the human gene sequence. It can be affected in all stages to alter that program.

I'm not arguing if your belief is right or wrong. It could be completely right for you.. or wrong. That is up to the individual, and the loved ones you are surrounded by to determine. By your attitude and actions. It is their responsibility to intervene when you over step, or are incorrect.

I am only pointing out a part of your assessment that seems, at least to me a bit incorrect, and explainable from my position.

As to the OP, i take all who claim a understanding on godly matters as presumptuous

Initiate

PostThu May 03, 2012 2:36 am » by Gonzo63

Do you want to know what is the easiest method of committing suicide? Publish a cartoon depicting Jesus having sex with Mohammed. You'll be dead within hours.

This is my problem with your god and his organized religions.

I don't think atheism is inherently presumptuous of anything. Having said that, I presume that the Jehovah's Witnesses will be at my front door, banging on about Jesus before the weekend.

Super Moderator

PostThu May 03, 2012 2:39 am » by Spock

I can't IAM. But my family is Christian, the people I work with, and I go to a very large church. I know many many Christians. Grew up in it. Left it, and came back. Have been very involved with church and church groups. But I can't give you a percentage, only my take from a lifetime of conversations.

Conspirator

PostThu May 03, 2012 3:32 am » by Iamthatiam

Spock wrote:I can't IAM. But my family is Christian, the people I work with, and I go to a very large church. I know many many Christians. Grew up in it. Left it, and came back. Have been very involved with church and church groups. But I can't give you a percentage, only my take from a lifetime of conversations.

I seriously believe in your sincerity regarding your beliefs, Spock...I cannot say I know you well, yet, I know you, and you are honest; You are also an endangered species, in which concerns your personal beliefs, and perception of God, my friend!!! The vast majority of Christians, are false and hypocritical, to say the least, as well as the ones under another religious dogmas..And there are not many freed from this.. That which I call "Spiritualized/Religious followers" (rarer, as the days passes), in opposition to the "Religious Bots", and Im sure you know these quite well; E.g.: This OP.

Im as departed as I could get from all these Dogmatic ways of perceiving God! :flop:

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator

PostThu May 03, 2012 3:37 am » by Rydher

You're so full of shit Iam.

Conspirator

PostThu May 03, 2012 3:39 am » by Iamthatiam

Dude, Im not the one whose the vast majority of this Forum simply don't believe in a single word said, you know why? You are a fuckin Troll, you idiot!!!

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator

PostThu May 03, 2012 3:46 am » by Iamthatiam

Rydher wrote:so full of shit Iam.

Yeah, yeah...We already know that! :alien51:

Super Moderator

PostThu May 03, 2012 3:48 am » by Seahawk

Do I have to separate you two? 'Cause I will, if necessary.

I like you both, but, Jeez. Please, Know when to stop.

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Super Moderator

PostThu May 03, 2012 3:51 am » by Seahawk

I was raised Roman Catholic, until at around age 12 or 13, I decided that I wasn't so sure. I was lucky enough to have parents that allowed me to do so, without any repercussions. No anger, no sadness, no imploring me to change- or else. They just accepted it as something I had to decide for myself. They even suggested that I explore other religions, attend other churches- which I did. Up until my parents passed, we peacefully co-existed, and never had any issues with each other for our individual beliefs. We discussed it many times, over the years, and we never judged each other.

After all these years, I have still not really leaned one way or the other, with any significance. Sometimes, I slip one way or the other, but for some reason, don't have any problems with that viewpoint. Sometimes, I even find comfort in it. lol. Maybe that's strange, but I've managed- I think- to turn out to be a fairly decent guy. (Not always, but usually.) I think that having my parents support my fence sitting, without judgement, contributed to that in a big way. I know of families that have been torn apart from that very situation, but I was never once made to feel that I was not loved- for any reason. I was never once made to feel inadequate, or eternally damned for my choices.

I don't understand why the believers and the non-believers have to- at times- have so much animosity towards each other. I do know that the bible does have some "good" things in it. I do remember that it says something about judging others. I thought that was only God's right to do so.

Anyway, it would be kinda nicer if the believers and non-believers could just leave each other alone about it, and let them choose what they want for themselves, and let them live in their own peace, with their choices.

That said, I do consider myself a "spiritual" person. And I do believe that there may indeed be some higher power, or powers. I'm just not sure what it is, or where it came from, or came about. I would like to know for sure, but I don't. For now, at least, I feel okay with that. I think that if there is a God, he will understand.

Just my 2 cents.

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostThu May 03, 2012 3:56 am » by mediasorcery

Iamthatiam wrote:Do you really think 'God' gives a fuk about who believes or not that 'IT' exists? Only your kind gives a fuk about whatever threatens the Presumptuous hegemony of your beliefs!!! Stop projecting your human feelings on 'God', and maybe you get a little closer to IT! :flop:

this isnt really about whether god exists or not, this is about dominating belief systems and justifying those beliefs.

who cares what atheists believe? focusing on the minutae instaed of on oneself and the personal connection to the creator.

theres always this sublime undertone that one must believe in religion to believe in god, just not the case, folks are perfectly able to connect with the creative forces that govern existence without the pollution of religious doctrine.

im glad u get it iam.
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

PreviousNext