The RANT thread

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 12, 2012 10:40 pm » by 99socks

I'd love to rant about something right now... peoples' screwed up attitudes! :hell:

Ok, so let's make a rant thread. So I can know I am not the only person who thinks some people out there are complete a-holes.

Please share your encounters & dialogs with people who have totally messed up points of view.

You start.
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 12, 2012 10:43 pm » by Slith

I would suggest not directing this towards members here. Idiots that we have had to deal with in life off the forums, non?

Beating the shit out of spammers......one click at a time

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 12, 2012 10:46 pm » by Spock

Any contractor you get to renovate your house. I would elaborate, but it makes me spit nails thinking about it, and I'm mentally exhausted about it. I'll accept my screwing.

Just know, that unless you are paying extravagantly or are having a close personal friend, or doing the job yourself, contractors are in the business of fucking you over, and then attempting to make you feel your position is unreasonable.

Writer

PostWed Dec 12, 2012 10:49 pm » by Bruceleewoooah

Dog shit!!! Especially in this weather. Its that cold that you trip over it rather than step in it.
Oh and the adverts informing me that its not christmas unless i send/receive a card via the postal service :bullshit:

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 12, 2012 10:49 pm » by 99socks

Slith wrote:I would suggest not directing this towards members here. Idiots that we have had to deal with in life off the forums, non?

Yes yes! That is what I meant. Just stories of people you have met, who hold pretty screwed up attitudes about things.
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 12, 2012 10:51 pm » by Slith

An apprentice telling me how I should do my job. They generally don't last past the conversation

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 12, 2012 10:54 pm » by 99socks

Slith wrote:An apprentice telling me how I should do my job. They generally don't last past the conversation

You know, if you're going to use crushed garlic in a recipe, it is easier to peel it if you whack the cloves once or twice with a heavy object first (salt shaker, or whatever). :mrgreen:

:peep:

Super Moderator

PostWed Dec 12, 2012 10:59 pm » by Slith

99socks wrote:
Slith wrote:An apprentice telling me how I should do my job. They generally don't last past the conversation

You know, if you're going to use crushed garlic in a recipe, it is easier to peel it if you whack the cloves once or twice with a heavy object first (salt shaker, or whatever). :mrgreen:

:peep:

:hell: :bang; :yell:

:alien51:

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 12, 2012 11:01 pm » by Malogg

My Indian was cold tonight gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr stupid fkn delivery folk get on my nerves :yell:

Nvm free Keema Naan and ice cream on the way

Ahahahaha hope it is the same guy because I am nae happy ~ cold rice :vomit:
HAHA Image

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 12, 2012 11:17 pm » by 99socks

I think the things that shock me the most (yes, I still get shocked at these) are money and "class" opinions and attitudes that people use to suppress themselves.... And I am finding that I am starting to develop some non-politically correct opinions of my own with regards to these kinds of people....

Like, the one Realtor I know who made a snide remark about a luxury condo builder who "made a stupid business decision" to build 3,000 sqft luxury condos with canyon views in an upper-class neighborhood, because a Goodwill store moved in to the building at the corner of the entrance to the condo community. "Who would want to live behind the Goodwill?" (btw, the condos are selling at 2-3 per week!)

Or... the middle-aged, middle class fencing supply owner who was trying to get out of a $160,000 home, so he could find someplace to rent, who "don't know what those crazy people out in (name of rich neighborhood) where they get their money from, and why they would be dumb enough to pay that much for a home when all houses do is cost you more money in the long-run." (The majority of people in this "rich neighborhood" got there by owning small businesses, and then investing in real estate where someone else paid the mortgage!)

Or... the potential (middle-class) client who balks at the $3,000 price tag to sue the bank that illegally foreclosed on them... With a potential (almost) guaranteed win of $200-400,000. "I'm not putting one more penny into that property!" (yeah but... don't you want that money back? :headscratch: )

And the most recent one... in a comment on an article about why first-time homeowners are getting the shaft in spite of incredibly low interest rates, a woman whined that "It isn't FAIR that all the cheap properties are being taken by investors!" (like really... who on earth told you anything is fair? And instead of sitting there bitching about it, why don't you learn how to do something about it so the next time things crash YOU CAN BE ONE OF THE INVESTORS?)

Yes, my opinion is becoming :censored:

Next