The Real Purpose Behind DTV

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 27, 2011 6:27 pm » by 99socks

I know a lot of us are disgusted at the server problems here, and the fact that Lukas is MIA is both confusing and frustrating. We’ve seen the forum apparently go down the tubes when ads space was sold and more and more bizarre people became members. More than a dozen members have vocalized their disgust with elaborate “good-bye” threads... and many, many more probably didn’t even bother. What was the real purpose of DTV? Was it really to disclose the alien agenda? Would it ever have been able to do that? Is that why each of us came? Can it ever be brought back?

For a long, long, long time I’ve held on to a theory that there was something deeper and infinitely more sane than what appears in the madness. Why did I come to DTV? I know the reason I came was because I was something of a refugee from another forum. But that isn't exactly why I am here. DTV was the home of similarly like-minded persons as I, as well as the home of many more whom I shared absolutely no mind with or else who I believed was clinically insane. At one point DTV was a great place to have discussions and share thoughts. More recently, it seems the purpose of DTV is to be a sounding board to see who can scream their opinions the loudest, with no one actually listening to anyone else to see who really is screaming the loudest. Victory is always assumed- by everyone.

But behind the scenes, there is something infinitely greater than "just" DTV. I think the disclosure at DTV isn’t about aliens or the government- it is about ourselves. We can take the academic route and discuss how our beliefs in UFOs fit into our culture, our society, our psyche, and we can reflect on how the dysfunction in our governments is a reflection of our own dysfunctions. But I do think there is a spiritual component as well. And by spiritual, I do not mean “religious.” There are a lot of unemployed people on DTV. There are underemployed people on DTV. There are people who are confused, angry, lost, and physically and mentally ill all on DTV. How did we all end up in the same bowl of mashed potatoes?

I myself have been blessed by relationships I have with the people on this forum. There are some people I’ve liked who I now do not like- and I have learned what it is about me that made me like them in the first place. There are people who I have been annoyed by or judged harshly, only to find out that behind the avatar they are really cool people. I’ve made mistakes and have had “eureka!” moments, and sometimes I’ve wanted to crawl under a rock for the things I’ve done or said. I’ve learned a lot about life and the human condition through the candid testimonies of brave souls who have posted their own life biographies here, and by watching the interaction of egos. I’ve also sat with men- many men- who have cried out of frustration, pain, and hopelessness because somehow caring anonymity feels safe in our world of judgment. Some, I have literally carried through the deaths of loved ones and mid-life crises. I've saved marriages and have tended to those wounded by divorce. And in return, I too have been blessed by members who have taken the time and effort to reach out to me when my own burdens were too heavy to carry.

How has your garden grown?
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 27, 2011 6:42 pm » by Newearthman

99socks wrote:But behind the scenes, there is something infinitely greater than "just" DTV. I think the disclosure at DTV isn’t about aliens or the government- it is about ourselves. We can take the academic route and discuss how our beliefs in UFOs fit into our culture, our society, our psyche, and we can reflect on how the dysfunction in our governments is a reflection of our own dysfunctions. But I do think there is a spiritual component as well. And by spiritual, I do not mean “religious.”
How has your garden grown?

I also believe there is some sort of spiritual component that is behind DTV...I'm talking about destiny, not a DTV agenda that was planned. We are reaching some sort of world climax of events and all we really have is each other when it comes to these contraversial topics...I sure can't talk to my family about this stuff!
:hugging:

Master Conspirator

PostTue Sep 27, 2011 6:58 pm » by Drjones

Oh boy, with you all the ways socks. Best post i have read in a long time. Definitive proof that people are truly starting to wake up.

During my time here i have seen ZERO disclosure take place of anything. The way i see it is that disclose is largely a hub of sorts for the pot smoking (Nothing against pot) stay at home teen, who perhaps, like i once was, has a feeling that something aint quite right with the world so comes here out of that natural human curiosity. And that is a very good start. People comes here drunk, they take this place and the topics as a joke, as amusement, disclose has became a humourism tool for most, certainly not me. I do not come here for a laugh, i come here to rationalise what i see of a world that exists before our eyes of unlimited potential and scope for individual learning. I would like to meet similar people but this is rarely the case. The topics on the main board the past few months have never been worse and they continue to spiral downward in my opinion. The site has fallen alot since i first joined, too much nonsensical chatter, not enough real discussion with real brain power involved. But hey, this is life, it's just a ride, it's all good. Become conscious, to me that is what life is all about, evolving one's consciousness and understaning.

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 27, 2011 7:58 pm » by Tjahzi

Upload to Disclose.tv

nice read on this thread :flop:

dtv still rocks compared to most other conspiracy sites imo!

there's a great variety in public on this site as you guys pointed out.

it's as much a curse as it is a blessing

jah bless :dancing: :cheers:

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 27, 2011 8:23 pm » by Towelie

Nice post 99socks, food for thought.

I cant realy say that my time visiting this site has opened my eyes or woke me up to anything, id heard pretty much all of it before and im no more convinced about anything than i was when i first begun looking into the subjects found here, but i have enjoyed the past debates.

This made me laugh.
drjones wrote:[b]During my time here i have seen ZERO disclosure take place of anything. The way i see it is that disclose is largely a hub of sorts for the pot smoking (Nothing against pot)

funnily enough ive cut right back hadnt touched any for ages, then yesterday my m8 brought a load of skunk into work for me(hes been growing it for personal use,) and today as soon as i start smoking low and behold i come back.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Super Moderator

PostTue Sep 27, 2011 8:34 pm » by The57ironman

towelie wrote:Nice post 99socks, food for thought.

I cant realy say that my time visiting this site has opened my eyes or woke me up to anything, id heard pretty much all of it before and im no more convinced about anything than i was when i first begun looking into the subjects found here, but i have enjoyed the past debates.

This made me laugh.
drjones wrote:[b]During my time here i have seen ZERO disclosure take place of anything. The way i see it is that disclose is largely a hub of sorts for the pot smoking (Nothing against pot)

funnily enough ive cut right back hadnt touched any for ages, then yesterday my m8 brought a load of skunk into work for me(hes been growing it for personal use,) and today as soon as i start smoking low and behold i come back.

a load...?...we'll all be over in a little while...i'll bring pizza :flop:

..... If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.......

Writer

PostTue Sep 27, 2011 8:52 pm » by Fourscorn

Cheers
Nicely put. 5,990,000,000 more minds to wake up! Lets do it!! :flop: :clapper:

Super Moderator

PostTue Sep 27, 2011 10:34 pm » by Spock

Excellent thread Sock, excellent OP too.

I think DTV got started on the video side out of the interest of one of the associates in the marketing firm that owns DTV. The forum itself was merely an afterthought and still the owners could take it or leave, because it's the video side that gets the most plays, the most clicks and the most revenue.

I'm not sure what happened behind the scenes, but my guess would be that the person that took most interest in this site, that signed in as "the Lukas" that responded to the forum and moderators, may no longer work for the marketing firm ownership, and periodically one of the other associates signs in, moves a thread here and there and signs out. I'm not even sure if the guys that started the forum and posted articles at the startup are with the company anymore. The owner himself probably has no clue and no interest in the site other than the URL and revenue.

This time here has been a very interesting case study of human interaction. I find especially entertaining the way so many bitch and complain that we all need to get along and get rid of the meanies, yet these same people have no tolerance of ideas other than their own.

This is why there will never be unity in this forum, that and that there are no real controls for such, and why there will never be any real unity globally - we here, are a microcosm of the world.

I for one have pushed behind the scenes to make DTV a pay site. I still hope it does become one, or at the very least, require a real email address and not a web based one to sign up. Until such things are implemented this forum, any forum, will never be anything more than a catch all bin of unaccountable, anonymous posters - with no real evidence and integrity.

But like Sock said, I have met some people here that I really like and really enjoyed talking to on skype. I've bonded with a few and made some friendships that I consider life long in that whether we talk in 1 month or 10 years, it will be interesting catching up, and these people are in my mind and heart as well.

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 27, 2011 10:43 pm » by Rydher

So why hasn't any of the 'old timers' here attempted to create an alternative site? Too much work? Afraid of it failing? Just curious.

Initiate

PostTue Sep 27, 2011 10:47 pm » by 1ofakind

This site was in my opinion designed to disclose shit and unless most of you have had your ears and eyes closed for most of it then you have missed all the disclosure you are ever going to see or get. It has already happened, just not in the way you wanted or expected.

Next