The reinvention of the wheel

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 12, 2013 5:43 pm » by Chaindrive

From time to time on a nice sunny day we all like to take our bikes out and go pedal our ass.
(well... as long as the cop doesnt catch you) :lol:

The Copenhagen Wheel

Power Assist: Riders are given a boost as they pedal by measuring their effort, instead of using a throttle. This preserves the normal biking experience while enabling riders to bike faster, farther, and easier.

Regenerative Braking: As you bike, the wheel is able to capture energy when braking or going down hill that it stores in the integrated lithium battery pack.

Smart Control: All actuation of the wheel happens automatically via the pedals through sensing and control algorithms. When the rider pedals harder, such as when going uphill, the wheel pushes with increasing power. Using your smartphone with the Superpedestrian app, you can
vary the level of powered assist.

Upload to Disclose.tv

$699 - Copenhagen Wheel limited edition :shock:

https://www.superpedestrian.com/

The Loopwheels

Loopwheels have a spring system between the hub and the rim of the wheel which provides suspension – cushioning the rider from bumps and potholes in the road. The springs also absorb road noise, reducing vibration through the frame and into the rider’s arms. Because of the suspension within the wheel, you can use high-pressure or puncture-resist tyres. So you don’t need to rely on fat (and sluggish) tyres to cushion your ride.

Available only in 20″ front and back wheels

Upload to Disclose.tv

20" back $689.33

20" front $590.85

Set $1,181.71

A 3-speed Loopwheels folding bicycle $2,297.76

http://www.loopwheels.com/

The Loopwheel would be great for BMX racing and perhaps off roading. But I dont expect to see either of these at my local wally mart any time soon, do you? But that depends on whats the patients are on them, but I expect to see something similar next year and FAR more cheaper and as far as the Copenhagen Wheel... nope... WAY too complicated not unless the Japanese, Chinese (somebody from that area can get away with it).

Nice ideals tho. :flop:

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 1:38 am » by Harbin

That's cool.
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 4:19 am » by mediasorcery

^^^ that is not cool, its VERY cool!!
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 6:39 am » by Noentry

More than 1,000 cyclists stage a mass 'die-in' safety protest after six riders are killed in London in the space of just a month

These pictures show more than 1,000 cyclists laying across a central London road in protest at dangerous traffic conditions.

Dubbed a 'die-in', protesters blocked roads outside the Transport for London headquarters in Southwark as part of a vigil for six cyclists killed in the capital this month.

The demonstration saw riders spread across Blackfriars Road with their bikes strewn around them, while others held candles in tribute to the latest spate of casualties.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2nKBcOtxp

If you gonna reinvent the wheel to go faster, you gonna need to reinvent traffic control on the roads.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 7:22 am » by Chaindrive

Simple..

1. making gas 65 a gallon

2. very strict requirements and high cost for a drivers license

3. any serious driving fractions ends up walking (no acceptation) and if one gets caught driving without a license, prison time or (hard time in community service).

4. rewards for anybody who turns in anybody whos driving without a license.

5. State by state and country by country database of people who infraction their driving privileges and why.

6. Mandatory to install a device that disables ALL cell phones in the car while the engine is running.

Im sure there tons of others laws and regulations that could be put here and Im sure motorcycles would fit in this as well and Im also sure that ABATE has some good ideals for motorist when dealing with a two wheelers..

But...... IF theyre gonna fly and IF they get voted down after the next election... etc.. Im afraid theres not gonna be a easy answer to this at all..

Remember driving IS a privilege and NOT a right and people need to have that drilled into their heads.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 1:19 pm » by mediasorcery

driving is a right, not a privelege,

taxes pay for roads, and they belong to all, i ride a bike all the time for years, but im no way stupid enuf to get myself hit by cars ever,

some cyclists a f&^%ukin stupid aholes who sit way too close to cars and break the laws themselves all the time, then wonder why they get hit, cos there morons,

i could go on, i see it all the time, two cyclists abreast when they should be single file etc, so sorry but they play a part too, it aint all drivers fault,
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Writer

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 4:49 pm » by Thirdeye47

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 6:56 pm » by Chaindrive

mediasorcery wrote:driving is a right, not a privelege,

taxes pay for roads, and they belong to all, i ride a bike all the time for years, but im no way stupid enuf to get myself hit by cars ever,

some cyclists a f&^%ukin stupid aholes who sit way too close to cars and break the laws themselves all the time, then wonder why they get hit, cos there morons,

i could go on, i see it all the time, two cyclists abreast when they should be single file etc, so sorry but they play a part too, it aint all drivers fault,

I completely disagree with you on being a right.. NOBODY has a right to do anything.. and you can see the consequences of it every single day in the news.. "Duh, I have the "right" to go in a third world nation, over throw its government and place my people in power and pillage as much of its resources as I can."

Im sure your parents try to beat it into you that you need to mature, take responsibility for your actions and learn and to accept the consequences of said actions.. But due to piss poor parenting, thats not been the case, has it? And with the birth of the yuppies and (whoever was the BMX version of Tony Hawk) the number of morons on bicycle grew to a astronomical number.

But Ill agree with you theres just as many morons on two wheels as there is on four.. Theres Drivers ED But when was the last time you every saw bicycle ed.? Last time I think I heard anything like that was in the 70's. Oh Im sure there still out there somewhere but not like it was. It was a law that all bicycles required a flag:

When was the last time you ever see these things on a bike... moped and scooters, yes sense their gas powered, I think, havet havent kept track of what is and whats not law anymore.

When I rode, I never had a flag on mine and a cop never pulled me over to yell at me, so it wasnt required or they didnt give a shit *shrug* In a town of 30,000 people and completely avoided heavy traffic, cross streets on side walks or used hand singles (which was rare sense I never put myself in that position) or even stayed on sidewalks most of the time (which was illegal up to 19xx), but how many maniacs in 4 wheels ever remember what they hell these were suppose to mean when somebody on a bicycle used them:

Like I said I did when I had to, hell even riding on the bitch seat on a motorcycle and knowing they didnt have turn lights I did the same thing... just in case..

Riders who peddle two wheels, just it is for gas powered two wheels must be have a maditory riders course.

*quote*

Over 90% of the motorcycle riders involved in accidents were self-taught or learned from family or friends.

A motorcycle rider is physically vulnerable. In a crash, a rider and passenger are more likely to be injured than occupants in a vehicle. Wearing reasonable protective gear, however, can reduce injuries.

A motorcycle rider's judgment is critical. In single-vehicle crashes, rider error is the most common cause. Crashes with other vehicles also occur because either one or both operators make errors in judgment. Many collisions and injuries could have been avoided if the motorcycle rider had known when and how to swerve or brake.

To meet the challenge of motorcycling, a rider needs skill and knowledge. The BRC course will give you the physical skills to make your motorcycle perform like an extension of yourself and the knowledge to apply those skills appropriately.

In the BRC course you will practice and develop the four fundamental riding skills:

Straight-line riding

Turning

Shifting

Stopping

Then you will expand these basic skills into street-riding skills:

Advanced turning techniques

Maximum-braking techniques

Swerving

You will also learn and practice the mental skills needed to develop:

Street-riding strategies

The ability to deal with special situations

Increasing these skills through training and practice will increase your riding enjoyment and decrease your chance of a mishap.

*quote*

But... its just as important that those in four wheels abide to the same rules of conduct as two wheels.. Politicians will have to get aggressive to up holding drivers (two or four) accountable for their actions and the rules of the road.

But unfortunately thats not gonna happen when everbody thinks that they have the "right" to do whatever the hell they want, whenever they want..