The Ringmakers Of Saturn By Dr Norman Bergrun (Must See)

Conspirator

PostFri May 27, 2011 7:38 pm » by Epicfailure

nyarelathodep wrote:
epicfailure wrote:This pisses me off, I was trying really hard today to take a picture of Saturn with my telescope and camera, and the fucking thing isn't stable enough and Saturn moves to fast to track accurately with a manual telescope to snap a photo, no matter which one you have....

What EP are you tryng to use for this? You can also get motor drives pretty damn cheap these days for astrophotography. If I can snap a photo of Saturn in an undriven 10' dob...im sure you can do it, but Im using an EP with an 82* AFOV...that helps a ton...at least 4 mintues of drift at about x250.

the telescope I use have a diameter of 6 inches, the telescope my friend has is about the same only longer...

both of them aren't worth buying anything for, my theory is after 18 years of telescope night watching, if I am able to get a shot of the moon with a camera, but not any other planets it's not worth buying a motor for..

I was using a standard twist and lock camera harness, with a 4 position telescope and mine is a Galileo 2 way lock, problem is when you add the camera harness to either the weight is too much and the telescopes are to cheap to hold the weight as they essentially do not lock into place at all for that matter..

I will be investing in a new telescope before I try to use any photography again, the whole 3 hour deal was enough to want to throw the POS scope in the street.

I was looking at motors around 200-300 but it just wasn't worth it for a scope that I am assuming cost around 100-200. it is for regular viewing as you can see any object in our solar system but not for filming..

I used a Nikon Cool Pix Camera 12 megapixel.

thanks for the info though, I am investing in a new scope.

Super Moderator

PostFri May 27, 2011 8:03 pm » by -Marduk-

spock wrote:Unfortunately, because of this presentation, there is no more mystery for me concerning the rings of Saturn and EMVs.

You are a healty skeptic Spock which is absolutly fine but dont give up this topic so quickly.

I hope you will stick around this evening because we will have a "SPECIAL GUEST tonight,.. he could take away your emerging disbelief regarding Dr. Bergrun and his work.
:sunny:

Conspirator

PostFri May 27, 2011 8:08 pm » by Smokeydog

marduk2012 wrote:
spock wrote:Unfortunately, because of this presentation, there is no more mystery for me concerning the rings of Saturn and EMVs.

You are a healty skeptic Spock which is absolutly fine but dont give up this topic so quickly.

I hope you will stick around this evening because we will have a "SPECIAL GUEST tonight,.. he could take away your emerging disbelief regarding Dr. Bergrun and his work.

this guy? if it is im there
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokeydogsmokey

When people are sat on something you want you make them an enemy

Master Conspirator

PostFri May 27, 2011 8:19 pm » by Cornbread714

marduk2012 wrote:

Marduk, I enjoyed meeting our "special guest" last night. I hope he comes to the forum tonight and I hope everyone will give him a chance to speak.

I was really impressed and charmed - a very smart, nice and funny guy.

I got the feeling that he is sincere - whether or not it's all true, I have no idea, but he's a gentleman and a very interesting person. Thanks for introducing me to him.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Super Moderator

PostFri May 27, 2011 9:01 pm » by -Marduk-

My pleasure Corn, I hope everything works fine so I can introduce him to Disclose.tv tonite.

Super Moderator

PostFri May 27, 2011 9:45 pm » by -Marduk-

smokeydog wrote:
marduk2012 wrote:

this guy? if it is im there

ehhhhhm.....nope!

Super Moderator

PostSat May 28, 2011 12:59 am » by Spock

marduk2012 wrote:I hope you will stick around this evening because we will have a "SPECIAL GUEST tonight,.. he could take away your emerging disbelief regarding Dr. Bergrun and his work.

Cool - will do. The site is running very slow for me right now.

Conspirator

PostSat May 28, 2011 1:27 am » by Aragajag

I had the privilege to listen to the conversation with the "SPECIAL GUEST" I am eager for more as Corn said he came across very sincere to me.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Conspirator

PostSat May 28, 2011 7:44 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

cool stuff, you should also check his book :flop:

Previous