The Rocket Stove: Low Tech, Low Fuel, High Heat Output

Conspirator

PostTue Jun 25, 2013 9:01 pm » by Harbin

I've been researching rocket stove builds and have even built a simple no mortar 24 brick rocket stove for grins and giggles.

Rocket stoves can be built out of numerous materials and in a range of imaginative builds. At camp, in a primary residence or even in temporary SHTF situations, the rocket stove is a useful tool for heat and cooking.

Here is an engineered rocket stove with vortex action in the burn chamber.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Antiwar.com

Initiate

PostSat Jan 18, 2014 12:13 am » by Crusader

After watching a few vids on YT, I have built myself a rocket mass heater in my shed on the allotment this week. I have to say it is awesome very little wood but masses of heat. Dont know how long my cob will take to dry out probably quite a while in the North of England in winter. I like it so much I am going to build a better looking one for the bottom of the garden. :sunny:
Regular is not a unit of measure

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 18, 2014 3:33 am » by Harbin

Crusader wrote:After watching a few vids on YT, I have built myself a rocket mass heater in my shed on the allotment this week. I have to say it is awesome very little wood but masses of heat. Dont know how long my cob will take to dry out probably quite a while in the North of England in winter. I like it so much I am going to build a better looking one for the bottom of the garden. :sunny:

Nice !

Would like to see some video or pictures ! :flop:
Antiwar.com

Initiate

PostSat Jan 18, 2014 11:10 am » by Crusader

i will try and get some pics or vid of mine. In the meantime here is an informative vid on how to build one.Yes the people are very annoying but its a good vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wqJQmD- ... z3&index=5
Regular is not a unit of measure