The Secret of Baphomet and Atbash Cipher

Writer

PostFri Jun 25, 2010 1:30 pm » by Azaziel

Does anyone know of the atbash cipher theory regarding the term Baphomet?

perhaps the Templars were worshippers of sophia, the bride of God - indeed St Bernard of Clairvaux had an obsession with Mary Magdelene

Azaziel

Conspirator

PostFri Jun 25, 2010 1:41 pm » by Mediasorcerer

i know that baphomet was apparently john the baptist,of biblical fame,who proclaimed himself the real messiah,but then was beheaded,and apparently the kt used to worship his head? or some form or representation of it,although my memory is bit cloudy,
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Writer

PostFri Jun 25, 2010 1:50 pm » by Azaziel

that would suggest why masonic lodges are dedicated to the Holy saints John

Writer

PostFri Jun 25, 2010 2:10 pm » by Azaziel

The atbash cipher was also used to reconfigure the Major Arcana of the Tarot with the understandings of Crowley and the Golden Dawn. This cipher is perhaps the most enduring of secret codes - apart from hand gestures.

BPVMTH - Baphomet when transpositioned becomes ShVPYA - Sophia

What is interesting is that in Tarot the 'Devil' card is sometimes associated with Baphomet, so perhaps this card is not as malign as many think

Azaziel

Conspirator

PostFri Jun 25, 2010 2:14 pm » by Svaha

When you look at the chains on the devil tarot card you can see that they are not tight, meaning it is a choice to let yourself chained or not.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Writer

PostFri Jun 25, 2010 2:22 pm » by Azaziel

I agree Savha.

Good to meet you

Azaziel

Conspirator

PostFri Jun 25, 2010 2:36 pm » by Mediasorcerer

yes interesting,its all a matter of perspective,now if the freemasons were originally started as an orgaanisation that represented the good ideals of lofty men,we dont know,but it is possible,they may have been infiltrated eventually by jesuits or jews [adam weishaupt]somewhere down the track,and there benign magick ritual perverted to be used for the act nefarious,we all know the magick is deeply entwined with symbolism,but the symbols themselves are not good or bad /positive or negative,until they are used by those with an intent,yes?
somehow,i suspect this might be somewhat as what has happened over time,the masons were originally started to preserve and promote knowledge of an ancient craft,how this craft is used,depends on the state of the users heart and mind,not the tools,there is nothing inherently wrong with " magic/occult,like i hear a lot of ill informed people describe,only the person who uses the craft is responsible for its outcome,
secret knowledge was kept secret for this reason,lest the pearls be cast at swine so to speak,
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Writer

PostFri Jun 25, 2010 2:44 pm » by Azaziel

Has anyone read Schaw's statutes in regards to the history of masonry? As far as I know there were 2 versions, within the second there was a distinct reference to the art of memory - linked with Giordano Bruno's magical system.

There were also the Sinclair statutes and Dr Andersons 2 versions of his constitutions.

Azaziel

Master Conspirator

PostFri Jun 25, 2010 3:16 pm » by Cornbread714

Where do you think Masonry got it's start?

Or, in other terms, how far back do you think its roots extend, and to where, geographically?

Welcome, btw...
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Writer

PostFri Jun 25, 2010 4:52 pm » by Azaziel

Thanks for the welcome.

My personal opinion is that which is the most unpopular within masonry, that is comes from the original Book of Thoth <cue raised eyebrows> or at least it contained some documentation which could be considered masonic.

Anderson commented that Masonry extended back to Adam and noted Tubal-Cain as a principle mason and Nimrod. William Preston documented masonry before United Grand Lodge of England, other notable writers would include J.S.M. Ward - who I believe linked Masonry to Rosslyn, Wilmshurst etc.

if anyone would be interested I could compile a document on a proposed History of Masonry - including Gnostic thought (with respects to Dr Tobias Churton)

Azaziel

Next