we have to go sometime back and forth.

to fix and understand to get a better view if u know what i mean :flop:

me i love philosophy :flop:

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 22, 2011 7:53 pm » by Mozi!!a

otomon wrote:
demobe wrote:here is how i see it.

without the head the body wont work.

and without the body the head wont work.

so we need them both.

we should start and using philosophy in first grade in skools

imagine impact :think: :shock: :flop:

HEY MAN! The purpose of the school system is to dumb down/slave the people for a couple of years... not to educate....

CANT HAVE ANY OF THAT CRAP IN OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM!

not always. it all depends what the teacher is teaching and how they teaching it. hehe some like that :flop:

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 22, 2011 8:28 pm » by Constabul

:badair:

to even start in how this post is misguided in its conceptions of "what is" would be a waste of time.
so just a simple definition will do. if it can not be consumed and rationalized. Well, Fortunately, is not my problem.
But i will say in short, before posting it, that this post screams, "Kill logic and wisdom because they poke holes in spirituality". Waaah

Philosophy (from the Greek words philos and sophia meaning "love of wisdom") is understood in different ways historically and by different philosophers. It, therefore, requires a meta-philosophy to adjudicate. Although it can be conceded that philosophy aims at some kind of understanding, knowledge or wisdom about fundamental matters such as reality, knowledge, meaning, value, being and truth, it is not clear whether these pursuits require a dialectical, i.e., dialogical, approach.

The term may also refer to the collective works of major philosophers. It can mean the academic exploration of various questions raised by philosophers; it can also mean a certain critical, creative way of thinking. Contemporary Western academic 'philosophy' has two broad traditions: 'analytic' and 'continental' philosophy. The former tradition is commonly focused on conceptual analysis. The latter tradition is distinctive for its associations with particular problems. Eastern philosophy is another, distinct tradition. Each of these can be considered individually or in comparison with the others. Philosophy, thus, has several connotations in common speech.

And

Definition of PHILOSOPHY
1a (1) : all learning exclusive of technical precepts and practical arts
(2) : the sciences and liberal arts exclusive of medicine, law, and theology <a doctor of philosophy>
(3) : the 4-year college course of a major seminary
b (1) archaic : physical science
(2) : ethics c : a discipline comprising as its core logic, aesthetics, ethics, metaphysics, and epistemology
2a : pursuit of wisdom
b : a search for a general understanding of values and reality by chiefly speculative rather than observational means
c : an analysis of the grounds of and concepts expressing fundamental beliefs
3a : a system of philosophical concepts
b : a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought <the philosophy of war>
4a : the most basic beliefs, concepts, and attitudes of an individual or group
b : calmness of temper and judgment befitting a philosopher

I think some have become to "spirituality" intellectual for their own britches, and need to pause, and back up. and re-examine things again. look up some definitions too, etc.
You have used Philosophy to express your points, and the razor is not that sharp.
To quantify the way in which you concluded Philosophy to be a tool of the nwo, should be a interesting thing to read. :flop:

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 22, 2011 8:33 pm » by 99socks

Constabul, if you pull out an old Oxford dictionary from about 200 years ago and look up "philosophy", you will see the definition describes the pursuit of God and spirituality. :sunny: The two cannot be separated; the artificial separation we see today is a perversion of that goal.
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 22, 2011 8:45 pm » by Constabul

99socks wrote:Constabul, if you pull out an old Oxford dictionary from about 200 years ago and look up "philosophy", you will see the definition describes the pursuit of God and spirituality. :sunny: The two cannot be separated; the artificial separation we see today is a perversion of that goal.

indeed you site a good point, things are different depending where you stand.
which is even more a good point to illustrate the absurdity of the post.

# you are in almost "apostolic" bullshit succession of Plato, Aristotle, Buddha, Lao Tsi, Seneca, Aquin, Bacon, Locke and countless others;

some sited indeed go beyond the 200 year mark, and depending on where those people were in history, it was indeed different too.

All in all it is the pursuit of wisdom, in whatever form it manifests currently in the beholders period of existence.

Philosophy is boring, mind killing and anti spiritual.

Really not even worth the time to try and touch on the bull squeeze.
for whatever reason, be it bait, be it personal dealing, or just simple musing, it is not backed in truth, in any sense.

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 22, 2011 10:41 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

Well, my dear smart - pants,

it is obviously not that simple touching the fine line between seriousness and irony.

Shit or not is not the question. An old medeival saying goes: facere in quod se est - doing according what is in someone. Here is philosophy born indeed...

Why are some people upset when they encounter strange thoughts? Why is there the archaic story of crucifixion in NT? Why do thoughts have such power people get almost crazy?

The truth is: not tertius is the provocation but always a thought, Tertius is a cyber surface having no existence. You can call tertius whatever you want - it`s only a name, a surface, a line. Tertius is not. There is no HE. There were only sentences and thought generators...

So what`s philosophy having all this?

It is the dealing behind the surface. It is a try to find life. It is a provocation to see a living operator behind the tertius or sock or constabul or whatever name. It is a highly honest way revealing a touch of a soul... And your line revalations were - as though you had to defend something...

No, you hadn`t...
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 12:39 am » by Constabul

Awesome, i'm being called a smart - pants. :hugging:

for some, it is simpler than for others. :dunno:

facienti quod in se est Deus non denegat gratiam? Is a christian bases and philosophy.
It is far from where it is born, it is but another thoughtline in a endless <seemingly> process
of thoughtlines. It by no means is a start or a finish, but only a perspective. Or in otherwords, Speculation.

Indeed, good question, and a furthering of that would be, why are so many who believe they know of god and the nature of god so perturbed when confronted with the knowledge that they know no more or less then the next person, and in so know nothing of god, gods, or the nature of god. That for all their preaching, they are in the dark as much as the next, but only in a state of denial, and why does it bother them so, can they just carry on with life, instead of focusing on what they have no clue of but yet continually act like they do.
To the point of creating all sorts of erroneous information as to make it look like they know what they are talking about. :hmmm:

Hey it's great you consider your internet persona to be the third person, and blah blah.

Honestly..I believe.. your going off metaphysical trip, that only you know the end game of, seems much of it is belief driven.

epistemology is a fun topic, does it reside in what people have coined the Phrase " soul"
or is this too a concept made by man, to attempt to explain what is in essence unexplainable at this point in our evolution, and as a result, it is not a disservice to mislabel something we are far from being able to explain, not to say it is unexplainable. Just that what is generally sited as the source to explain such, can be seen for what it is. Just man made concepts and speculation.

Did i feel the need to defend, what was being said? Not really, I could have gone into a much more lengthly version of the misconceptions of the post.
I felt compelled to call bullshit for what i saw to be bullshit.

Btw, that smart - pants comment was A Barrage of Awesomeness :flop:

first spock with, him thinking i made a good post, now Smart - Pants from tertius, I am on a roll.
I need to hit vegas!

Super Moderator

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 12:44 am » by Spock

I honestly don't know why I typed that bullshit. Everything I said in my last post - fuck all that. That was some dumb shit.

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 12:45 am » by 99socks

spock wrote:I honestly don't know why I typed that bullshit. Everything I said in my last post - fuck all that. That was some dumb shit.

I thought it was funny. :D
But the dynamics are interesting; I can't help but sit here and enumerate the number of factors outside this thread that has affected it.

For a friend: All these fucking e-people!
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 23, 2011 12:52 am » by 99socks

Don't mind me, I am just highlighting this for a mystery friend. :twisted:

:rtft: :rtft: :rtft: :rtft: :rtft: :rtft: :rtft: :rtft: :rtft: :rtft: :rtft: :rtft: :rtft: :rtft: :rtft: :rtft: :rtft: :rtft: :rtft:
tertiusgaudens wrote:Well, my dear smart - pants,

it is obviously not that simple touching the fine line between seriousness and irony.

Shit or not is not the question. An old medeival saying goes: facere in quod se est - doing according what is in someone. Here is philosophy born indeed...

Why are some people upset when they encounter strange thoughts? Why is there the archaic story of crucifixion in NT? Why do thoughts have such power people get almost crazy?

The truth is: not tertius is the provocation but always a thought, Tertius is a cyber surface having no existence. You can call tertius whatever you want - it`s only a name, a surface, a line. Tertius is not. There is no HE. There were only sentences and thought generators...

So what`s philosophy having all this?

It is the dealing behind the surface. It is a try to find life. It is a provocation to see a living operator behind the tertius or sock or constabul or whatever name. It is a highly honest way revealing a touch of a soul... And your line revalations were - as though you had to defend something...

No, you hadn`t...

PreviousNext