The Soul is a Pointless Concept

Initiate

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 1:29 pm » by Giovanni

You have a brain, a brain is a biological computational device running on electrochemical process.
Your conciousness is an emergent property of said process.
In other words: you are electrochemical process
Fundamentally you have experience of continuous existence.
You are you, at this point in time. You have sensation of riding along this continuum of being you, into the future.
On occasion brain can be subjected to trauma, temporarily discontinuing electrochemical process.
Such as a boxer being knocked out.
As this occurs the brain is no longer running. It's electrochemical generating process. -T Hence conciousness is lost.
You loose conciousness.
At this point in time, your consciousness, all that is you...
your continuum of being you has caused to exist in the physical world,
Now, moments later, the electrochemical process may start up again...allowing consciousness to emerge out of the information stored in the brain.
But I wonder. Where are you in the meantime?
Must we not assume that at the point when consciousness is lost, the person dies?
If a new consciousness appears or not in the same brain is entirely inconsequential to the dead consciousness.
The new consciousness is simply a new person.
Because it emerges from the same brain it has access to all the memories and cognitive structures..... as the dead consciousness, so it thinks it is the same person
But in actuality it is just an impostor.
Inheriting the body and brain from the previous, now dead, inhabitant.Yes? What about the soul? Soul...
There is no such thing as a soul.We are machines of biology.Nothing more, nothing less.The soul is simply a pointless concept dreamt up by priests and fairy tale men.
lol
Customers Are Like Whores

Conspirator

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 2:16 pm » by Rich316

Your consciousness, your awareness, IS your soul, the brain is just a gateway that enables the soul express form in this density OF form. We're actually quite low down in the scale of reality where this reality is harsh and course, it is called the 'realm of desire', also called the 'realm of constant suffering'. (see the 2000 wars in 2000 years for example)

Hey mate it's good to talk philosophy but I tend to leave the big stuff to those who know their art.. like the tibeten buddhists for example. Everyone has a soul, if you have consciousness, you have a soul.

Your soul, my soul, everyone's soul is on a journey, enjoy the ride! :flop:

Initiate

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 3:19 pm » by goku

Writer

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 4:52 pm » by Sumguy

If souls are pointless.....how bout you sign the rights of yours over to me?

Initiate

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 6:47 pm » by Trip

I think the soul is a light body of pure light energy that also exist on another level, the light holds us together when we are alive in material bodies and sound holds the light together.
Last edited by Trip on Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.disclose.tv/user/trip/

"There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning"

Initiate

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 9:29 pm » by pushtone

For myself, i believe.....

that the soul - is a restrictive energy of the physical plane, a weight, displaced and unsettled,drifting between the opposing forces of dark and light. To be rendered inactive, and become released from it's influence/power, it needs to be rested, serene. At that point, the true spirit is made known.

Be well.
- - -

"If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Ludwig Wittgenstein.

Super Moderator

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 9:35 pm » by The57ironman

Rich316 wrote:Your consciousness, your awareness, IS your soul, the brain is just a gateway that enables the soul express form in this density OF form.

....who the hell knows...?.....certainly not any of us..

...i remain... one man wandering a post-apocalyptic desert...
searching for remnants of humanity
...surviving on hope alone....Image

Conspirator

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 9:50 pm » by One-23

Rich316 wrote:Your consciousness, your awareness, IS your soul

Don't think that I'm being pedantic, because I'm not.

Do you think that if we do have a soul in the spiritual sense, that it is exclusive to Humans or do animals also have the ability to possess a soul?

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Conspirator

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 9:58 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

One-23 wrote:
Rich316 wrote:Your consciousness, your awareness, IS your soul

Don't think that I'm being pedantic, because I'm not.

Do you think that if we do have a soul in the spiritual sense, that it is exclusive to Humans or do animals also have the ability to possess a soul?

Upload to Disclose.tv

Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Initiate

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 10:15 pm » by iamanalien

well when I was a kid I fell over hit my head on concrete and was knocked out , but I remember I did have a ringing in my head but I wasn't there thinking like usual ,it was like my brain was in reset mode like a computer trying to reboot me.

maybe we are actually organic robots and nothing else. sent from the future just for populating a planet and keeping it going as long as we can.

Next