The SOUL Just exactly when does the SOUL begin?

Conspirator
Location: Questioning Building 7,.......... Stop HAARP ..........Stop HydroFracking

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 8:54 pm » by Hurtswhenipee

The human SOUL. When does it start? Where does it come from? Is it within the sperm or the egg? Does it get beamed into us by God? At what point does this SOUL come into existance? For this must be a brand new SOUL right? The SOUL dwells within our physical body until we die and then the SOUL departs (That is another question though) So dwell on that thought for a spell and let me know what you feel is taking place at conception or before or after?
Last edited by Hurtswhenipee on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 8:58 pm » by stickybud

These are just my beliefs as I know the. The soul in essence is not always brand new. Reincarnation takes place if the soul hasn't reached full maturity then ascension takes place upon death. As far as claiming to know how the process of creating a soul begins I cannot even begin to speculate. If we had any idea then abortion wouldnt be a big issue because we would know when then fetus is just tissue.

Conspirator
Location: Questioning Building 7,.......... Stop HAARP ..........Stop HydroFracking

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 9:02 pm » by Hurtswhenipee

stickybud wrote:These are just my beliefs as I know the. The soul in essence is not always brand new. Reincarnation takes place if the soul hasn't reached full maturity then ascension takes place upon death. As far as claiming to know how the process of creating a soul begins I cannot even begin to speculate. If we had any idea then abortion wouldnt be a big issue because we would know when then fetus is just tissue.

Interesting take there StickyBud

Welcome to DTV :flop:

:hiho:

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 9:43 pm » by Hurtswhenipee

Master Conspirator

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 10:17 pm » by Cornbread714

What is a soul?

Are you sure you have one?

The mystic, G. I. Gurdjieff, postulated that we are not born with souls - we have to earn one.

I think he had a point. :cheers:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 10:39 pm » by 99socks

Cornbread714 wrote:What is a soul?

Are you sure you have one?

The mystic, G. I. Gurdjieff, postulated that we are not born with souls - we have to earn one.

I think he had a point. :cheers:

:o

Master Conspirator

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 10:46 pm » by *WillEase*

“And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath [air] of life; and man became a living soul” (Gen. 2:7). Man, formed from material dust of the ground, upon breathing air, became a living soul. It does not say man is, or has, an immortal soul. What was formed from material ground became a soul.

The word “soul” is translated from the Hebrew in which Moses wrote, from the word nephesh. The Hebrew nephesh merely means a breathing animal. Three times in the first chapter of Genesis animals are called nephesh: Gen. 1:20, “moving creature” (Hebrew, nephesh); Gen. 1:21, “great whales, and every living creature” (Hebrew, nephesh); Gen. 1:24, “living creature” (Hebrew, nephesh). The translators in translating into the English language used the English word “creature,” but in Genesis 2:7 they translated the same nephesh into the English word “soul”—man became a “living soul” (nephesh).

Therefore the soul is physical, composed of matter, and can die. This is a truth believed by very few denominations, and probably by no other religions.
The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Master Conspirator

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 11:01 pm » by *WillEase*

Now we come to another truth, so far as I know, exclusive to the one true Church.

Did you ever wonder about the vast difference between human mind and animal brain? This incidentally, is another proof of the falsity of the theory of evolution!

The physical brain of the higher vertebrates in the animal kingdom is essentially the same in physical form, design, constituency, as human brain. The brains of whales, elephants, dolphins are larger—and chimp almost as large. Yet the output of the human brain is indescribably greater. Few indeed know why!

Many passages of Scripture show that there is a spirit in man. Spirit is not matter, and man is matter. To distinguish it from God’s Holy Spirit, I designate it as the “human” spirit. Nevertheless, it is spirit and not matter.

This “human” spirit imparts the power of intellect to the human physical brain. The spirit cannot see, hear, taste, smell or feel. The brain sees through the eye, hears through the ear, etc. The “human” spirit cannot of itself think. The physical brain thinks.

What, then, is the function of this “human” spirit? It is not a “soul.” But, 1) it imparts the power of intellect—of thinking, and of mind power, to the human brain; and 2) it is the very means God has instilled, making possible a personal relationship between human man and divine God.

https://www.thetrumpet.com/literature/2 ... arge-print
The site owner Lukas said I could show you how to makes hundreds of dollars in your spare time like I do.
If you would like to get yours too, PM me and I WILL hook you up.

Super Moderator

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 11:08 pm » by Slith

Great topic. Many cultures and religions have their own twist on this. Then again, many individualists do as well. I'm looking forward to the responses on this

Initiate

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 11:34 pm » by Shendao

In Taoism there are differing souls and spirit. The part that is truly immortal is referred to as Shen (spirit), but it is accompanied by the Hun (spirit soul) and Po (human soul). These 'souls' are seen as effects rather than causes, whereas the Shen is the driving force of the spirit being human. It is through the alchemical practises of Taoism that the Jing is cultivated for the Shen, sometimes referred to as the Large Waterwheel.

Taken from 'Towards a spirit at peace' -
"Shen, hun, and po each have a "seat" in the body, a place where they are said to rest and take residence. Thus, even though each of them can influence all aspects of the human person, they rely on certain parts of the person as a base. This situation might be likened to our own experience of working in the community and interacting with our neighbors, then returning home as a place for recuperation, rest, family interactions, and maintaining personal identity. Shen rests in the heart and vessels; hun rests in the liver; and po rests in the lungs. Although these three entities are the dominant concern in the ancient texts, in keeping with the influential system of five elements, two other organ systems are identified as having their own spiritual characteristics which are not the same as, but might be likened to, the other three: yi (intention, planning, thought, wisdom) is associated with the spleen and zhi (will; the strength to carry out yi) is associated with the kidney."
You are an immortal being, so stop freaking out about losing another body!

Next