The Trading Mind

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2768
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:56 am

PostSun Dec 25, 2011 10:14 pm » by Tertiusgaudens


Now, that we`ve come almost through that special day called xmas (though this time goes till January), we sit back and wonder as we do every year.

What the hell has become of the thought Christ has born? Where is that basic spirit in everyday life, that spirit of love and kindness like the joy of a newborn child? Where the hell is that soul exchange being deeply human, which is sharing the thought of God came to earth?

And meanwhile killing and atrocities continue, and the restless mind is looking for the next party at new years eve.

The restless mind has become a slave of a rude master, that never is going to sleep. Having this example, I`m gonna tell you, what philosophy reality is.

Teaching the stuff, as I did for many years, is one thing. This is often boring and not convincing. Many students hate that subject. And many lecturers are also bad.

The explosive effects considering philosophy do expose, is the ability to think different. Different thinking is close to subversive thinking. And subversive considerations expose a solid basement of thoughts rotten and deceiving.

Philosophy is the royal road to critical and thus subversive thinking and understanding. And in our case we understand a restless mind from the basement of it`s origin - the all penetrading forces of trading thoughts, which create a trading mind.

Imagine, what happens. All day long people go to work keeping attention to the pattern of trade: you give me this, I`ll give you that. This is not only a pattern of bank trading, but of genaral trading - measure for measure, this for that, real estate for virtual money and so forth.

Now let those people in trading professions - or more general: people with trading minds - come home. Are they really then changing their thinking? By no means! The trading mind continues in manyfold ways.

A nice diamond for the lady, and she will give me her love, right? A nice car for the man, and he will give back good decisions made in a good mood. A doll for the little princess, and she will not pull on my nerves. I know, this sounds a bit exaggerated, but we want to expose the pattern.

Meanwhile I know some dudes, who calculate, that going to a hooker twice a month is much cheaper than the costs of holding a lady. And this, so they say, is called love...

But this is not enough. The trading figure goes even deeper. It unfolds even in religious ways. The unholy pattern is also projected into divine directions.

Here is a deep reason the God thought becomes perverted: in making God a trade partner. Prayers thus become trade negotiations. And while such trading contracts hardly work, people fall into deep doubts or force themselves trying harder. Results: frustration and harshness. But not even here the thing is going to stop. The trading mind has also answers for all atheists. You don`t have to believe in God, it says. Call it not God, call it universe or higher self!

And the slippery slope continues - you do this, and the universe is providing that. If it does not work - you must change your course!

Do you see, what really happens? Which pattern is going to work? Is our spiritual life at least doomed of being an expression of trade thinking? Has at least all to do with trading affairs?

No, I am not a better human. Yesterday I had a bad xmas. I felt - as usual at this time - very sad. I have the feeling, as though even presenting gifts is not free from trade thinking. You can not imagine, what people in my neighbourhood did with their 8 year old. They own a company. The presents for the girl were worth really a couple hundreds bucks. It seems, that this has become a costume in many families - not simply a present, but a present with a certain worth.

I believe, our trading minds come from a perspective, that trading is a main expression of existence. But what is with listening and receiving first?

A basic philosophy never is starting with economy and doing. It starts with looking around, with what is and what and who I am. Trading comes later, it does not belong to first step considerations, but is an emanation of being among other beings. It belongs to exchange tools of many beings. It does not belong to being a being from it`s ground and determination.
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2768
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:56 am

PostMon Dec 26, 2011 12:00 am » by Tertiusgaudens


From this backround we must understand words like Matthew 5:

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

It is not simply about turning the other cheek or going two miles.

It is about breaking that narrow minded circle of trade thinking "eye for eye, and tooth for tooth".
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:33 pm

PostMon Dec 26, 2011 12:16 am » by Fatbastard


tertiusgaudens wrote:From this backround we must understand words like Matthew 5:

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

It is not simply about turning the other cheek or going two miles.

It is about breaking that narrow minded circle of trade thinking "eye for eye, and tooth for tooth".

I couldn't agree more. "I could if I wanted too," but i've seen and listened to too much shit today to be concerned anymore about 'masinations' from others. "And can I be frank," most of it was of lower intellect, with, not only no substance, but non informative childish noncsence. Merry X.
"Senator. I am not now, nor have I ever been, an oil trader, and neither has anyone on my behalf. I have never seen a barrel of oil, owned one, bought one, sold one, and neither has anyone on my behalf."

Conspirator
Posts: 2550
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:23 am
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostMon Dec 26, 2011 12:23 am » by SamueltheLion


fatbastard wrote:
tertiusgaudens wrote:From this backround we must understand words like Matthew 5:

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

It is not simply about turning the other cheek or going two miles.

It is about breaking that narrow minded circle of trade thinking "eye for eye, and tooth for tooth".

I couldn't agree more. "I could if I wanted too," but i've seen and listened to too much shit today to be concerned anymore about 'masinations' from others. "And can I be frank," most of it was of lower intellect, with, not only no substance, but non informative childish noncsence. Merry X.


good posts guys.

as to where the the spirit has gone?

the kingdom of heaven is a mustard seed, so too is the soul: if you seek it you'll find it, and it is the tiniest of all things, so dont be surprised its difficult to get, but once you have it, it will prove greater than all others things :)

it's IN everyone, they're just hiding it, foremost from themselves, and then from you.

:hugging:
Your faith will make you whole

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 5053
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:36 pm

PostMon Dec 26, 2011 12:26 am » by Tuor10


The relationship between God and his followers has to be reciprocal - does it not? His existence is contrived through the human mind,for there is no other tangible way in which a person can feel his divine touch. People praying, and asking for something that may better their lot, is a by-product of his existence. It really is a mutually exclusive partnership: it needs us as much as we need it; yet this partnership is self contraditcing at every level.

Once we realise that everything is of our own making, we will be much better off. As it stands, we cannot live with existence itself.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 5053
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:36 pm

PostMon Dec 26, 2011 12:29 am » by Tuor10


samuelthemule wrote:
fatbastard wrote:
tertiusgaudens wrote:From this backround we must understand words like Matthew 5:

38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’[h] 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

It is not simply about turning the other cheek or going two miles.

It is about breaking that narrow minded circle of trade thinking "eye for eye, and tooth for tooth".

I couldn't agree more. "I could if I wanted too," but i've seen and listened to too much shit today to be concerned anymore about 'masinations' from others. "And can I be frank," most of it was of lower intellect, with, not only no substance, but non informative childish noncsence. Merry X.


good posts guys.

as to where the the spirit has gone?

the kingdom of heaven is a mustard seed, so too is the soul: if you seek it you'll find it, and it is the tiniest of all things, so dont be surprised its difficult to get, but once you have it, it will prove greater than all others things :)

it's IN everyone, they're just hiding it, foremost from themselves, and then from you.

:hugging:


The power of the mind is something we are yet to understand, Samuel. Finding ones inner self in a sea of madness is never going to be an easy task.

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 11724
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Greisen-Zatsepin-Kuzmin

PostMon Dec 26, 2011 12:35 am » by -Marduk-


The Lord bless thee in all thy doings, and preserve thee from the Lilim....eheh!
________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2768
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:56 am

PostMon Dec 26, 2011 12:38 am » by Tertiusgaudens


Yes, in a sea of madness...
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:33 pm

PostMon Dec 26, 2011 12:43 am » by Fatbastard


marduk2012 wrote:The Lord bless thee in all thy doings, and preserve thee from the Lilim....eheh!

"Eh." What does, "Lilim" mean. It dosen't translate in English or Deutche. Merry X.
"Senator. I am not now, nor have I ever been, an oil trader, and neither has anyone on my behalf. I have never seen a barrel of oil, owned one, bought one, sold one, and neither has anyone on my behalf."

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2768
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:56 am

PostMon Dec 26, 2011 12:45 am » by Tertiusgaudens


Lilim are the kids of Lilith...
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson


Next

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook