The Vagaries Of A Non Meat Eater

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 11:00 am » by Dagnamski

Wonderfully written concise Onionlike slice of reporting pie by the BBC (again)Image

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18833471

If the title caught your attention this should put you right:
va·gar·y   [vuh-gair-ee, vey-guh-ree]
noun, plural va·gar·ies. :lol:
an unpredictable or erratic action, occurrence, course, or instance: the vagaries of weather; the vagaries of the economic scene.
a whimsical, wild, or unusual idea, desire, or action.

Just a phew compiled quotes from this amazing well artikuletad writings: :headscratch:

His girlfriend used to offer him some of her meat pie on the way home.

"I would have to remind her that I could not eat it," he says.

These days vegans are less likely to be loners living in caravans.

Muscle munchers.

"If I kiss someone I just do not want the hassle of wondering what's stuck between her teeth”

Researchers studying the metaphors American and British consumers use when talking about food say meat is consistently rated more "masculine" than vegetables.

"vegangelist".

COMMENTS INCLUDE:

15. mwng
JUST NOW
I'm sorry, but these just sound like horrible, divisive people to me.

28. Ellen T
JUST NOW
"Sorry pal but not eating a cow doesn't mean it still wasn't processed anyway." Nick, that's quite incorrect - if fewer people eat cows fewer will be processed. Basic stuff...

25. Will
2 MINUTES AGO
In other words he's not very tolerant of others. No wonder he has a hard time finding love.

22. Jimmy
10 MINUTES AGO
"I once broke up with someone over some cheese."

For God sake, grow a pear!

21. FCC
13 MINUTES AGO
For the record, not all meat eaters have poor dental hygiene. We don't all have bits of animal flesh wedged between our teeth when we go out on dates.

18. Dave
5 MINUTES AGO
I think Alex Bourke needs to get some perspective. Child abuse is equal to eating meat??

I do now eagarly await a similar peice from the meat eating perspective on try to find non-veggie love lol.
Are meat eaters as self-rightous?

17. kirstyhorsman
5 MINUTES AGO
Meherenow

But what if they were my chickens, kept in the lap of luxury, as many layers pellets as they want and plenty of fruit and veg etc. I have no cockeral so the delicious eggs my girls put lots of energy into laying every day I should just pop straight in the bin... they're better pets than cats or dogs and you can be assured of the standards of the egg's and the ladies welfare...

10. brightonmummy
11 MINUTES AGO
@Steve1955,

You'd be surprised, I have been accused of child abuse and neglect by meat-eaters when they find out that I am bringing up my daughter as a vegetarian, so don't assume that the preaching is one-sided
“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it”

>>>>>Image

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 16, 2012 1:14 pm » by Cwmman

a vagary post,

a whimsical, wild, or unusual, desire, or action.

thats now going to be my weekend word in the pub, very vagary.
Plus my mates a vegetarian
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—
after they’ve tried everything else.
Winston Churchill.