The Visual Representation of Your Inner Mind Made Real--Soon

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 16, 2011 3:58 am » by Lucidlemondrop

2020vision wrote:I would rather share my inner mind with the universal overmind not a virtual overmind

Me Too...........2020vision

But whatif.........

Nevermind...........
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Initiate

PostFri Sep 16, 2011 4:17 am » by Woven

Great post. If you take a minute to read the following....

code.msdn.microsoft.com/lighttrap

lighttrap.codeplex.com

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 17, 2011 2:38 am » by Tertiusgaudens

I once worked with a group of computer scientists and psychologists on a similar subject.

Interestingly, the mix of real reality and virtual reality is called augmented reality, as if there is a need improving or enhancing usual reality models.

And indeed there is an improvement for instance in modern architecture - you go into a virtual room with all measures, colours and feelings, and by real time interaction devices you can choose and change as you want.

The military is leading in such research like in strategy games - not on a flat screen, but in 3d and virtual - real.

A friend of mine is researching psychological impacts while being in such rooms. The question remains, whether being in virtual rooms is a usual "being" or an amplified imagination by sensual stimulation. Of course this is also a "being", because something is happening. And the body reacts like really "being" in a real room. But the sensual stimulation is simply electrical impulses like usual ones.

What here is at work, is an intelligent usage of electricity, but the results are experienced like magic, and this magic causes new fields of perception. Again, it is electricity as usual, but new impressions of perception. Basic philosophical implications will, as I see it, not change although people think so. But empirical implications will change thus influencing status and perception of our world.

But there is no real knowledge of what is going to be in this way. Maybe soon there will be virtual religions and different stuff as mirror images of what is happening in real reality. That means, we will play both with virtual shit and real shit proving, that no augmented reality will ever solve the shit problem.

And neither the God question by tempting people to have full experience of a virtual God. Many will be fully satisfied and never start questioning. We will see an upcoming God hysteria by augmented reality.

I will stop here. The Matrix movie has given us some really scary insights in what is going to happen. The basic question in future - more than today - will be, whether somebody will remember the difference between virtual and real, between real delusion and virtual illusion, between "I know all" and "I know, that I don`t know". Or more simple - between human mind improvement and human mind temptation, between humanity being pushed up and humanity being basicly fragile and imperfect.
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 17, 2011 7:09 am » by Cosmine

A picture of my inner mind would be the biggest blockbuster horror movie of all time! :nails: :twisted:

:cheers:
Cosmine's cohost...:M8

Upload to Disclose.tv

Vocasti! :twisted:

Previous