The Visual Representation of Your Inner Mind Made Real--Soon

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 15, 2011 8:22 pm » by Troll2rocks

We are going to take a wild leap of imagination here, so strap yourself in, and brace yourself, because this might not be as crazy as it sounds.

"Visual Representation"

When we think, we have a visual representation of the thought in our mind, even when trying to recall a word, or a number.

We think in images, they are not always coherent and structured enough to make sense of though, some people have a better ability to use their thoughts for different things, such as mathematics teachers, quantum physics experts, writers, illustrators and painters, etc etc, these are all roles that are deeply connected to working from your inner thoughts, and they are all every single one of them, brought forward into the world by the images found within the inner mind.

"Imagination"

We see in images we understand through images, but what about the blind ? Well they in some cases (from birth) learn to associate touch and sensory observation with shape and texture thereby creating the visual representation in their minds, (althought they may not have any indication of what colour looks like) others do it through sound, now sound is also interesting because we also associate that with the corresponding images (even if it is only heard and not seen), the sounds we can not identify readily are those that create fear and that unnerving feeling, and that process starts your brain scrambling during a frightening audible experience, this is why thinking clearly at these times is not easy. However....

Its what the eyes see over time that builds up the imagination, you would think that stimulated minds seeing lots of visual information would have the better imaginations, but that is not necessarily true, minds that are uneducated and unrefined through experience tend to have over active imaginations (their minds compensate for the visual stimulation) I would wager Pindz falls into this category, perhaps thoughts built on physical experiences are not as important as once thought.

Through the Eyes of Another

This is going to become a reality, and in turn throw up moral ethics questions too, but this one day will happen, and it started at the University of California in Berkeley, scientists implanted electrodes into a cats brain, the part of the cats brain that processes visual signals.

The cats brain was wired to a computer, the cat was set up in front of a monitor, and the scientists played a scene on the monitor, turned on the computer and then watched the output computer screen as a blurred image of a man came into view.

This was the first time that any human had seen through the eyes of another creature.

The second experiment in which the cat watched a woodland scene, a hazy image of branches appeared on the screen.

The scientists told The Journal of Neuroscience

"We have reconstructed natural scenes with recognizable moving objects,".

The funny thing is, I cant help but think that the human, as seen through the eyes of the cat, looked a little more feline than human "creepy".

Every creature on earth has a different visual perspective on the world, some see colour, some don't, some can only see certain colours, some dogs are supposed to be able to see smells. A goldfish in your goldfish bowl can actually see the laser put out by your remote control to your TV. Quite amazing really. Some flies live for only a day, yet experience that day as their entire life, so I wonder how the world is perceived by those. Or even if what we visually perceive what is actually there in reality, now as weird as that concept is, it is actually a foundation stone of quantum mechanics. Do not think that just because we see in supposed full colour, that the dogs experience is no less valid and true to reality.

Perhaps I Should Get to the Point

Why would it not be possible, (taking the leap that this technology is already here and powerful enough to achieve this perfectly) to actually create a machine, that is literally capable of transforming your thoughts into a moving image on a screen, perfectly clarified as much as the mind could detail it.

Imagine you have a big cube and you walk in shut the door, and once shut the machine literally plays out your thoughts as a complete 3D experience (every surface inside the cube is a screen), you could create your very own masterpieces, visual blockbusters that would make Avatar look cheap, and given you could save your content, you could perhaps even share the self made movies with others, or perhaps even have it holographic given that is plausible "and safe".

Ahhhhhh yes, would it be safe ? Well in a totally 3D holographic environment perhaps not, once the mind is tricked into being there, it is no less different than actually being there, the physical damage would not be an issue, but the mental and psychological damage could be extensive, just imagine being the centrepiece of a movie like 2012 for instance, now as shit as that movie was, imagine being on ground level in an experience like that, the world is ending, the ground is cracking and shit is flying all around you, damn it sounds exciting, well it would from the perspective of an outsider, but imagine it from within, I am sure there are many people around the world who had this experience and found it anything but exciting, go ask the people of Pompeii.

You don't even have to go in there and try to make up things, just imagine taking in a book, and reading it in there, how fucking cool would that be ?

You wouldn't even have to go in there and think.

Sex would be an issue though, people being able to live out their wildest fantasies etc etc, you don't need much of an imagination to realise how this could be a problem.

However the benefits would be so immense. It would be the single greatest device for entertainment ever created. And here is the kicker, it is actually possible to do, and given enough money expertise and creative geniuses I would imagine you could get something like this working and possibly even able to mass produce in 25 - 30 years.

Sounds like stupid future jet pack rubbish right ?

Well judging from a recent prototype, it is not to far away...

Upload to Disclose.tv

There is also another like this, its called The Cube.

Now that obviously does not work off thoughts, we cant do that yet, but one day we could.

Electrical impulses and chemical signatures will one day transform your entertainment.

:cheers:
Last edited by Troll2rocks on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
________ImageImageImage________

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 15, 2011 8:31 pm » by The57ironman

Punjedi's ominous sphere says ''i am pleased with your deception''....

....and you can shove your statist beliefs up your a**

Initiate

PostThu Sep 15, 2011 8:33 pm » by Jeckk

The cat experiment just looks like detecting when light was detected in the eye, and what degree of it. I call bullocks.

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 15, 2011 9:20 pm » by Troll2rocks

jeckk wrote:The cat experiment just looks like detecting when light was detected in the eye, and what degree of it. I call bullocks.

Why so ?

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 15, 2011 10:00 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

There will be more than that described above.

An enhanced human interface will have direct interactions with nerves in all possible body parts.

There will be a virtual reality influencing all our senses making it almost impossible deviding it from real reality.

We will smell where is in reality no smell, we will see, what is not in reality, we will have virtual travels for instance back to the crucifixion of Jesus (I can see a new market coming up called Real Experiences Of What Was Real As Scientists Recovered) with all sensual experiences, there will be accomplished virtual sex experiences, there will be new challenges coming up because devices materialize our thoughts and wishes, there will be new and heavy addictions coming up which strongly torture us and, and, and...

Human interface as new approach of Plato`s world of ideas, now being understood as managable and part of this world...
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 15, 2011 10:09 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

Funny - sarcastic thought, for guys like me, who often struggle whether commiting suicide or not, the future holds nice possibilities: you can virtually commit suicide thus really being alive, and doctors develop related therapies. Maybe they will prescibe three different kinds of virtual suicide in order to convince patients to chose real life.

Hm, sick imagination...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 15, 2011 10:20 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

Or a final thought - in future you survive a heavy accident, and you lose most parts of your body. You end up in a glas vessel - only a brain, a spine and some nerves in a salt solusion, and twice a day uv - light for 20 minutes.

But enhanced human interface will help in giving you a new body - a virtual one, but this is more than nothing. And you can change it as often you like.

Welcome to the future!
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 15, 2011 10:24 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

Emily Dickinson

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 15, 2011 11:59 pm » by Troll2rocks

@tertiusgaudens

Interesting thoughts