The Worst of Both Worlds: Governments Vs. Civilians

Initiate

PostTue Oct 12, 2010 10:18 pm » by Scar7

Why should we believe anything official the government/military has said and is saying or will say about the ufo issue? We accept some things from the military and we don’t accept other things? Project Blue Book for example: They investigate and tell us 5% are unexplained and we run with the ball, while we believe they are lying about any further existence on the issue? Another is Mufon's news topic stating "secret documents show ufo was military manufactured" (honestly I have not even read the article but reading the topic was big enough). So the government just slipped us a secret under the table? Suspicious. And don’t even get me started on Project Mogul. Ok do... They say there was no "alien" crash, and we don’t believe? What if they said there was an "ET" crash, you would believe them right, without seeing it with your two eyeballs and the “ET’s” only showing themselves as often as they have done thus far? And what about other governments and their, "Lets show them the paper work!"?

What is everyone getting at here? It seems now the attitude all of these decades were people seeing something spectacular, governments gave no comment or investigated it under our radar (not making it a big deal on the news) and now they are saying, yep, they have seen something but I will not speculate further; It's just 5% unexplained. Can they pull the rug under our feet and turn around and say, "Here are all documents showing that 5% of the unexplained are military secrets and we had to keep a lid on it for National Security reasons"? These thousands of files they are giving us are only 5% of the unexplained? Where are the rest of the so called "explained", or even the rest of the unexplained they may be hiding under their pillow like they have done all these years? Freedom of information, Really? Depending on others suck, give me a billion dollars and I will show you a true investigation. 5% huh, could be more like 95% unexplained. :headscratch:

Initiate

PostWed Oct 13, 2010 5:12 am » by Scar7

To the general public:

1. Do you believe that our government’s investigation showed only 5% to be unexplained?

2. Do you believe all the other governments participating in this "freedom" request are divulging everything pursuant to the request?

3. If they came out tomorrow and said there were "ET's", would you believe them? and Why?

4. If 5% of the unexplained, that people are crazed about, are revealed to be government vehicles, can you accept it?

5. How strong is your faith in other-worldly-beings existing?

6. Can you imagine other-worldly-beings arriving to meet you, and if you can, do you think you would be able to accept it?

Initiate

PostWed Oct 13, 2010 7:16 am » by Scar7

Mufon article reporting 1942 Ufo: http://www.mufon.com/PDFs/BattleOfLa.pdf

The original photo shows of a dome ufo. I believe the "ufo" is encompassed by anti-aircraft rounds and the dome is also an anti-aircraft round. If one removes at least the anti-aircraft round above the "ufo" it all becomes too familiar to me. Making this ufo "my ufo". What a coincidence...

Master Conspirator

PostWed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am » by Boondox681

all good stuff.
the people will lap up 'disclosure' like they do everything else.
we're always waiting for the next asshole to tell us what to believe.
i'm done with that shit.

thanx and welcome scar
"You wanna' keep it real take a walk out your door,that's as real as it gets from the sky to the floor."

Initiate

PostWed Oct 13, 2010 7:42 am » by Scar7

Thanks for the welcome boondox681.

I also want to mention to everyone that the object in the picture came approx. 2.5 months after the Pearl Harbor Attack and came at approx. 3 a.m. and approx. 3 years later the atomic attacks in Japan occurred. On April 22, 2007 "my ufo" appeared over me and came back the same day and then coming a third time just "signaling" me. Now 3 years later my wife and I have seen "them" 3 days in a row back in mid-September of this year. Another weird coincidence. 3 3 3 3 3 3 :ohno:

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 13, 2010 9:12 am » by Hackjames

scar7 wrote:To the general public:

1. Do you believe that our government’s investigation showed only 5% to be unexplained?

2. Do you believe all the other governments participating in this "freedom" request are divulging everything pursuant to the request?

3. If they came out tomorrow and said there were "ET's", would you believe them? and Why?

4. If 5% of the unexplained, that people are crazed about, are revealed to be government vehicles, can you accept it?

5. How strong is your faith in other-worldly-beings existing?

6. Can you imagine other-worldly-beings arriving to meet you, and if you can, do you think you would be able to accept it?

1. I think it's subjective, as they can't possibly verify many of the "explained" cases with any objectivity after the fact.

2. Probably not in some cases, but the assumption is that a government is a singular entity...there are individuals and groups within all governments, and they all have different views and morals.

3. Not right away, at least. I'd require more sources to verify whatever the claims were before I'd consider it objectively true. Then there's the fact that politicians do in fact lie from time to time. It's speculative, anyway.

4. Yes, but only if it's actually revealed and not simply claimed. It would be quite a revelation too, I think...given the range of events requiring a reasonable explanation within the framework of government-funded operations.

5. I try not to deal a great deal in faith actually, but I think that (given some version of current scientific consensus) what we understand about the universe already strongly suggests that it is a likely/regular occurrence.

6. I can imagine it, sure. I can imagine eating ice cream with a giant terminator shaped like a rabbit, who sings me to sleep in my magical unicorn bed. I don't know how to not accept an experience, though. Whether or not I would consider it as something that took place in objective reality is dependent on the details surrounding the hypothetical encounter. For example, if I was shot with an exotic blowgun dart moments before, I might be forced to consider alternative explanations for the encounter.

Interesting questions, thanks for raising them. :]
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Initiate

PostFri Oct 15, 2010 7:07 am » by Scar7

CHARACTERISTICS OF SEARCHLIGHTS

Searchlights in action, Gibraltar 1940, looking south. ( Imperial War Museum)

British civilian defense forces fire on German Navy airship caught in searchlights overhead during WWI.
Photo: Time Life Pictures/Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images ---- Jan. 01, 1916

Instruments Used to Detect Aircraft

1) SOUND LOCATOR - "Before radar, the first practical means of detecting airplanes at a distance at night was by listening to the noise of their engines with the aid of horns...operator listened to the top and bottom horns for elevation information. These units had been in use by the Army since the early 1920s, were phased out in the late 1930s, and replaced with the conical, rounded horns. These latter locators had a very short lifespan since the outbreak of hostilities in 1939 led to more aggressive advances in detection, including radar."

2) HEAT DETECTOR - "used to locate enemy aircraft in the late 1930s. Resembling a searchlight drum, this device was designed to sweep the sky and detect the heat emitted from the engines of overflying aircraft...Heat detectors relayed directional data to the on-board radio-control equipment and, via cable connections, to a searchlight. Tests conducted by the Coast Artillery Corps in 1936-37 showed that while adequate in detecting ships, heat detectors were inadequate for aircraft detection, and more emphasis was placed on developing radio-beat and pulse-echo methods (the forerunners of radar) for use by the fledgling antiaircraft branch."

3) RADAR LOCATOR - "As the war and technology progressed, radar was added to the list of locator devices used to point searchlights to light up enemy aircraft...Signals from the radar unit relayed to the light greatly increased the accuracy of the light beam. By the time the 225th began its training in 1942-43, the combination of the SCR-268 and the 60-inch searchlight was the primary method of detecting, tracking, and illuminating aerial targets for the U.S. Army antiaircraft artillery...The method for using the SCR-268 would be to use it to pick up the airplanes at night and to synchronize the radar plot with a searchlight through an already developed gun director. The director performed the basic mathematical function of taking the range and angle data out of the radar and aimed the searchlight in that direction. At the appropriate moment, when range and angle to target were known, the controller would order the searchlight turned on...It was also advantageous to wait as long as possible to turn on the light since the longer the beam remained on, the more vulnerable the light and crew was to retaliatory fire."

NEW TECHNOLOGY

"Three young British scientists — Chick, Eastwood and Oxford — first adapted a radar system to searchlights in June 1940...By 1942-43, the system (pictured above) became semi-automated and each searchlight (and antiaircraft guns) could be fitted with four-foot radar "mirrors" and could track a target automatically."

"PFC Homer Amay, USMC, of Williamsport, Pennsylvania, adjusts the detector controls on a 60-inch searchlight during training at the Marine Ordnance School, Quantico, Virginia on August 13, 1942."

"What was the final piece of the puzzle in U.S. efforts to put all of these technologies together and integrate them tactically? If one had to point to one moment, it surely had to be May 26, 1937. That evening, Mr. Harry Woodring, the Secretary of War, stood with a group of officers and civilian scientists on a field of the U.S. Army Signal Corps Laboratories at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey. Before them, spread over the field, were the transmitter and receivers of a radio detector, the SCR-268 prototype. Connected with the radar were the controls of a standard antiaircraft searchlight.

http://www.skylighters.org/howalightworks/index.html

1. So what searchlights were used during the raid?

2. Were these searchlights from the Los Angeles Air Base?

3. The searchlights are targeting "something" that is less than ?500ft? in the air in the pic I propose that looks like the shape of "my ufo".

4. The searchlights do not seem to be going past the object in question. Is this due to the type of technology of the searchlights?

5. If this was a cloud, why would the searchlights not just go past the mist (as in the first pic on this post)?

6. What type of artillery shells were used?

(I cant really find to much information on the Air Base the object seems to be right in the middle of)

Very interesting the moments before this raid happened, inregards to the radar, pursuant to wiki. Also people seeing many unknown objects in the sky during the incident are of very big interest. Some objects going slow, some going fast. :hmm:

Initiate

PostFri Oct 15, 2010 8:31 am » by Scar7

In 1983, the Office of Air Force History concluded: "But early in the morning of the 25th renewed activity began. Radars picked up an unidentified target 120 miles west of Los Angeles. Antiaircraft batteries were alerted at 0215 and were put on Green Alert-ready to fire-a few minutes later. The AAF kept its pursuit planes on the ground, preferring to await indications of the scale and direction of any attack before committing its limited fighter fore. Radars tracked the approaching target to within a few miles of the coast, and at 0221 the regional controller ordered a blackout."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Los_Angeles

120 miles West of Cali. @ 2:15am +
2 miles (few?) of the Coast @ 2:21am

Distance Covered: 118 miles per 6 minutes

Question: What goes 118 miles per 6 minutes in 1942? What goes 19 miles per minute in 1942? What goes 1140 miles per hour in 1942?

(This is if the radar pick-up of the ufo was immediately told to the Military Base, the second sentence does not clarify, but one can imagine that they would; especially after Pearl Harbor)

What was the fastest fighter plane of World War 2?

596 mph for the Me-163 Komet. 559 mph for the Me-262 Schwalbe.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_the_ ... orld_War_2