The Wow! signal

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:13 pm

PostSun Nov 20, 2011 6:14 am » by Elnorel


freeyourmindnow wrote:maybe it was a transmission from an alien ship to an other :think:


Use your head a little please.

Do you really think they are using light speed communications to message between their ships which themselves travel faster than the speed of light. :bang;
Its like you would be using a telegraph to chat with ppl on the internet.
With years in between posts/messages.

They use as of yet undiscovered technical means physics we cannot understand yet. Quantum realm is still a mystery to us.
SKEPTIC - One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
And tries to prove these assertions/claims with scientific facts.

Image

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 9159
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:03 pm
Location: Inside You.

PostSun Nov 20, 2011 6:22 am » by Troll2rocks


There was talk for a while that it could easily have been a pulsar or another rhythmic solar body in the universe caught in the ear of the dish.

It is an interesting discovery and the very closest anyone has come (officially) of any interstellar transmissions picked up over the years of searching which could well be intelligent in nature.
Image
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 9348
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:08 pm

PostSun Nov 20, 2011 9:46 am » by Freeyourmindnow


elnorel wrote:
They use as of yet undiscovered technical means physics we cannot understand yet. Quantum realm is still a mystery to us.


agreed but they did send this wow signal in an old fashion narrowband radio way :think:

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 9348
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:08 pm

PostSun Nov 20, 2011 10:02 am » by Freeyourmindnow


larrymholder wrote:weird signal, I wonder why in all these years nothing else has been picked up?


maybe it was a S.O.S call? they are saying; we fucked up, we had to many nukes. Dont make the same mistake, get rid of your nukes..or...

Image

and that was the happy end of their civilization? :think:

Initiate
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:05 pm

PostSun Nov 20, 2011 10:07 am » by Djpakkal


Very interesting indeed , thx for the info mate :flop: :flop:

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 9348
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:08 pm

PostSun Nov 20, 2011 10:13 am » by Freeyourmindnow


djpakkal wrote:Very interesting indeed , thx for the info mate :flop: :flop:


interesting indeed mate :flop: if only we could crack this code :think: now that would be very cool

Image

:cheers:

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:13 pm

PostSun Nov 20, 2011 6:34 pm » by Elnorel


freeyourmindnow wrote:
elnorel wrote:
They use as of yet undiscovered technical means physics we cannot understand yet. Quantum realm is still a mystery to us.


agreed but they did send this wow signal in an old fashion narrowband radio way :think:


I would disagree. There are many radio signals produced naturally in the universe and/or it was an earth signal being bounced by ionosphere.

Back then the radio telescopes and the computer equipment were nowhere nearly as sophisticated as they are today, so I think it was a fluke.
SKEPTIC - One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
And tries to prove these assertions/claims with scientific facts.

Image

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:26 pm

PostSun Nov 20, 2011 6:49 pm » by Bert666


freeyourmindnow wrote:
djpakkal wrote:Very interesting indeed , thx for the info mate :flop: :flop:


interesting indeed mate :flop: if only we could crack this code :think: now that would be very cool

Image

:cheers:



hope this helps
Thus, the "6EQUJ5" code in channel 2 means successive intensities as follows:
6 --> the range 6.0 - 6.999...
E --> the range 14.0 - 14.999...
Q --> the range 26.0 - 26.999...
U --> the range 30.0 - 30.999...
J --> the range 19.0 - 19.999...
5 --> the range 5.0 - 5.999...

http://www.bigear.org/6equj5.htm

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 9348
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:08 pm

PostSun Nov 20, 2011 9:10 pm » by Freeyourmindnow


bert666 wrote:
freeyourmindnow wrote:
djpakkal wrote:Very interesting indeed , thx for the info mate :flop: :flop:


interesting indeed mate :flop: if only we could crack this code :think: now that would be very cool

Image

:cheers:



hope this helps
Thus, the "6EQUJ5" code in channel 2 means successive intensities as follows:
6 --> the range 6.0 - 6.999...
E --> the range 14.0 - 14.999...
Q --> the range 26.0 - 26.999...
U --> the range 30.0 - 30.999...
J --> the range 19.0 - 19.999...
5 --> the range 5.0 - 5.999...

http://www.bigear.org/6equj5.htm

cool :flop:
The value "U", meaning range 30.0 - 30.999..., was the largest value ever seen.
:think:
:cheers:

Conspirator
Posts: 1374
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:10 pm

PostSun Nov 20, 2011 9:17 pm » by Shemagh


freeyourmindnow wrote:
djpakkal wrote:Very interesting indeed , thx for the info mate :flop: :flop:


interesting indeed mate :flop: if only we could crack this code :think: now that would be very cool

Image

:cheers:



It would be terrible if we cracked it and it said HELP, how would we cope with that, knowing that we couldn't.


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook