The Wow! signal

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 20, 2011 9:19 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

shemagh wrote:
freeyourmindnow wrote:
djpakkal wrote:Very interesting indeed , thx for the info mate :flop: :flop:

interesting indeed mate :flop: if only we could crack this code :think: now that would be very cool

:cheers:

It would be terrible if we cracked it and it said HELP, how would we cope with that, knowing that we couldn't.

It would be terrible indeed :think:

Initiate

PostSun Nov 20, 2011 9:22 pm » by Headhunter711

Good Afternoon..
This information regarding neutrinos is interesting. Is there some way this may be applied to FTL communications?
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/ ... rino-test/

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 20, 2011 9:41 pm » by Rydher

elnorel wrote:
freeyourmindnow wrote:maybe it was a transmission from an alien ship to an other :think:

Use your head a little please.

Do you really think they are using light speed communications to message between their ships which themselves travel faster than the speed of light. :bang;
Its like you would be using a telegraph to chat with ppl on the internet.
With years in between posts/messages.

They use as of yet undiscovered technical means physics we cannot understand yet. Quantum realm is still a mystery to us.

Yeah, you dumb ass! Everyone knows that alien ships travel faster than light but send their Tweets using the quantum realm. Duh. :roll:

Conspirator

PostSun Nov 20, 2011 9:48 pm » by Shemagh

rydher wrote:
elnorel wrote:
freeyourmindnow wrote:maybe it was a transmission from an alien ship to an other :think:

Use your head a little please.

Do you really think they are using light speed communications to message between their ships which themselves travel faster than the speed of light. :bang;
Its like you would be using a telegraph to chat with ppl on the internet.
With years in between posts/messages.

They use as of yet undiscovered technical means physics we cannot understand yet. Quantum realm is still a mystery to us.

Yeah, you dumb ass! Everyone knows that alien ships travel faster than light but send their Tweets using the quantum realm. Duh. :roll:

He! He! He! He! :)

Initiate

PostSun Nov 20, 2011 10:18 pm » by Headhunter711

There is so much data on the WOW signal, but lately for me it seems to center on
this source:
http://www.bigear.org/Wow30th/wow30th.htm

Here is what SETI has to say:

http://www.setileague.org/articles/calibwow.htm

Any help is appreciated. :alien:

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 21, 2011 12:57 am » by Elnorel

rydher wrote:[

Before you call someone a dumb ass, look in the mirror.

It is only SPECULATED they travel faster than light.
For all we know they don't have to travel at all, all they have to do is shift dimensions.
Or even use propulsion that is outside the science we think we know entirely.
SKEPTIC - One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
And tries to prove these assertions/claims with scientific facts.

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 21, 2011 1:06 am » by Rydher

elnorel wrote:
rydher wrote:[

Before you call someone a dumb ass, look in the mirror.

It is only SPECULATED they travel faster than light.
For all we know they don't have to travel at all, all they have to do is shift dimensions.
Or even use propulsion that is outside the science we think we know entirely.

What the fuck are you talking about? Everything about aliens is speculated. You come into Free's thread, tell him to use his head, emote banging your head against the wall, and commence to post as if you know what's really going on out there. Talking about communicating through the quantum realm and such.

You owe the man an apology for being a dickbag and for trying to be an elitist on the subject.

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 21, 2011 1:23 am » by Elnorel

I hardly need to apologize to anyone as I was only stating my belief and a widely accepted theory.

I would need to apologize to him as a matter of fact if I were to cuss him down for not believing my own beliefs. I have simply stated that he is wrong in my own way.

Furthermore, simple logic dictates that it would be foolish and downright unpractical to communicate at light speed as we are doing today and even more foolish to assume the alien civilizations eons ahead of us would use the same principle.

Just ask Spock. :flop:
SKEPTIC - One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
And tries to prove these assertions/claims with scientific facts.

Previous