Theories About UFOs

Conspirator

PostMon May 05, 2014 3:33 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

I am aware that the most experienced of Dtv members will be aware of these theories, but I thought it might be a good way to try and e introduce some of the topics Dtv is renowned for. Ufos are not my strong subject so going over these theories again has been helpful to me personally...And to any Trolls out there..Feck the top posted threads..

It is always going to be difficult to come out with a unified theory for the UFO experiences due to the variability of the data. We have full alien contact and abductions, to lights in the sky and other more surreal events, each with a myriad of different explanations. Here is a selection of theories, which are more geared to explaining different aspects of the phenomena loosely classified as UFO experiences. The lines between some of these theories may be a little blurred but for sake of simplicity they have been split into a number of sections.

Misidentification and Hoaxing
The most sceptical theory about UFOs is of course that they do not exist at all but are; figments of imagination; misidentified stars, planets, aircraft weather balloons etc; and the result of hoaxing and daydreaming.

As far as misidentification goes the Northern Lights have been misinterpreted, as have stars, planets, aircraft, helicopters, weather balloons, lightning, meteors, space debris, and satellites. Even in Police reports eyewitness testimonies of one event from different people and viewpoints, can be very varied. Everybody tends to colour what they observe through their own filter of experience, and a belief in UFOs may influence misidentification and cause hallucinations. While it is true that more than ninety percent of UFO sightings are misidentified objects, there is a significant remainder that are at the present time without explanation.

Hoaxing in photographs and eyewitness accounts has fooled many people in the past, and will continue to do so in the future. Hoaxing seems to play a large part in human nature, whether it is to gain credibility, to fool experts, or just out of fun. However many people who report and have experienced strange events have a lot to lose by going public, yet they still do even at the expense of being ridiculed.

Other Dimensions
With the expansion of quantum physics the existence of alternate realities has been readily debated. There has been a move in some quarters to use this as an explanation for the UFO phenomena; that the aliens are actually beings who live in coexistence with us in a parallel reality. Perhaps this explains some of the accounts of missing time and time slips described by UFO witnesses. Unfortunately there is little evidence to suggest that this is true, and if there are parallel dimensions the energy needed to cross between them would be phenomenal.

Psyccotronic / The human factor
Carl Jung, the eminent psychologist thought that the UFO phenomenon was the result of symbolic manifestation of the human unconscious, somehow projected into reality. However, he was never quite comfortable with the more physical element of sightings. There does seem to be a similarity in older folk beliefs about fairy abductions and UFO abductions, albeit coloured by the modern worldview. This theory has links with some of the other ones, namely folklore and it is interesting to note that some alleged UFO abductions have taken place while the subject was under full view of other witnesses. This suggests that the experiences are personal, and stem from the psychological make up of the individual.

The Extra Terrestrial Hypothesis
From early on in UFO lore (after the 1947 sighting) there has been a firm belief, especially in America of the reality of visitors from another planet. This has recently been refuelled by the X files and the many books and programs about government conspiracies and Roswell. This has been polarised with the more down to earth belief in archetypal unconscious imagery being the source of encounters.

The belief in government cover ups, and that aliens are amongst us, goes hand in hand with the ETH, authors such as Timothy Good have championed this theory, writing about how successive governments have covered up the knowledge of aliens. However it is unlikely that a government cover up would be possible given failure to keep even relatively small scandals quiet.

As for science, it seems split in the belief in extraterrestrial life, it seems that life on earth has been dependant on a number of coincidental factors, that have proved perfect for the advancement of cellular carbon based life forms; Factors such as the existence of Jupiter blocking life destroying asteroids, and the size and position of the moon. These are seen in some quarters to decrease the likely hood of life on other planets. But then the Universe is a big place with billions and billions of stars.

What scientists generally agree upon is that there is little chance of any Alien civilisation reaching the earth, especially if the speed of light is a stable variant. The distances covered are thought to be too large. The existence of wormholes and other theories has not yet been proved.

The only way to prove the existence of an alien race visiting earth would be hard physical evidence independently verified.

Geophysical Locations and the effect on Human Consciousness
Much research has been done on the effect of certain geophysical locations and their effect on human consciousness, and the reality of a phenomenon called earthlights. The leader in this field of research has been Paul Devereux, who has shown that places along fault lines and plate margins are associated with strange lights that may have a natural origin and may be misidentified as alien craft.

He goes further and suggests that abduction experiences may be the result of these lights and places affecting the brain by way of electronic fields. These effects can create dream states within the individual concerned explaining why some accounts seem coloured by personal experience. All this being said there is no doubt that the experiences have life changing qualities, in much the same way as shamanic experience of past cultures. The ability of some people to go into trances in the past was seen as a great benefit to the community. Perhaps a similar state is attained when people experience abductions.

This is too small a place to go into this theory in detail but you should check out Paul Devereux's books, Earthlights Phenomena and Power in the Land.

Folklore and Modern Mythology
The similarity between descriptions of fairy abductions in common folklore, and alien abduction cases has often been pointed out. The real difference is the appearance of the beings, and description of the place the abductee is held. There are similarities in time differences and slips, strange lights heralding the events, and the changes in witnesses after the experience. The sites of these abductions are also often very close to ancient sites and fault lines. It seems as though the same phenomena is at the root of the events but the belief system of the witnesses has changed, colouring the accounts.

There is also the temptation to call the UFO phenomenon modern folklore; strange lights in the past would have been identified with the fairies, whereas now they are often seen as UFOs and whatever the term conjures up to the witness.

Hollow Earth Theory
This theory is one of the most bizarre we will look at in this small selection, it is not as widely discussed as in the early stages of the phenomena, and it is not really one that has ever taken hold in British Ufology. The theory seems to stem from an ancient occult belief that there is a hollow kingdom under the earth inhabited by strange beings. A great deal of old lore suggests hidden tunnels, caverns leading to other worlds etc, although this could prove evidence for other theories such as the belief in other dimensions. The hollow earth is either seen as a base for interplanetary craft, or as a place where strange denizens live, and have always lived, sometimes wandering to the upper regions in much the way as Fungus the Bogeyman does in Raymond Brigg's graphic story.

Conspirator

PostMon May 05, 2014 11:41 pm » by Tuor10

There is no doubt in my mind that UFO's exist. There are just too much evidence out there to suggest that some other form of intelligence has been frequenting this planet. What they are and where they are from is the big question for me. I personally think that there are a number of possibilities.

Our galaxy alone has billions of stars. There are probably thousands of life-forms out there, which has evolved in many different environments; though for intelligent species to reach high-technology, they would have had to evolved on a planet with oxygen: the discovery of fire would be a prerequisite for any species to evolve into a tech based species.

The whole argument about the massive distances between star systems in a valid one; but it isn't implausible given what we are now finding out about space-time.

I highly recommend reading the theory postulated by Miguel Alcubierre. He is a theoretical physicist who has developed a mathematical formula for an FTL drive (faster than light). NASA are now trying to put his theory into practice. That said, it is also plausible - working with the hypothesis that we (humans) were able to reverse engineer an Alien space-craft - that we already know how to get around Einstein's relativistic theory and travel faster than light.

The whole problem with this area of study, is the fact that there is a disinformation campaign in place, that seeks to undermine the excellent research that many people have been doing for the last 50 odd years or so. The disinformation campaign is far more effective now-days because there are many mediums to use.
Right here, on this very forum, we see this disinformation campaign in action. This is why many of the good researchers who frequented this site when I first joined, have now gone.

Unfortunately, until this whole subject gets out into the mainstream, or the Aliens themselves show up on-mass, this subject will always be at a disadvantage.

I find comfort in the fact that my mind is already made up on this matter. I don't feel the need to seek the truth so to speak. The truth is out there; it just take a lot of time and effort to find it.

:cheers:

Initiate

PostTue May 06, 2014 12:30 am » by iamanalien

FTL drive surely not Einstein said you couldn't travel faster than light .

also then this would break the laws of physics so how comes there trying , that means they don't believe there laws of physics and tell us pork chops.

Initiate

PostTue May 06, 2014 12:47 am » by pushtone

they don't like milk.

- - -

"If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Ludwig Wittgenstein.

Initiate

PostTue May 06, 2014 1:27 am » by Skydog

Tuor10 wrote:There is no doubt in my mind that UFO's exist. There are just too much evidence out there to suggest that some other form of intelligence has been frequenting this planet. What they are and where they are from is the big question for me. I personally think that there are a number of possibilities.

Our galaxy alone has billions of stars. There are probably thousands of life-forms out there, which has evolved in many different environments; though for intelligent species to reach high-technology, they would have had to evolved on a planet with oxygen: the discovery of fire would be a prerequisite for any species to evolve into a tech based species.

The whole argument about the massive distances between star systems in a valid one; but it isn't implausible given what we are now finding out about space-time.

I highly recommend reading the theory postulated by Miguel Alcubierre. He is a theoretical physicist who has developed a mathematical formula for an FTL drive (faster than light). NASA are now trying to put his theory into practice. That said, it is also plausible - working with the hypothesis that we (humans) were able to reverse engineer an Alien space-craft - that we already know how to get around Einstein's relativistic theory and travel faster than light.

The whole problem with this area of study, is the fact that there is a disinformation campaign in place, that seeks to undermine the excellent research that many people have been doing for the last 50 odd years or so. The disinformation campaign is far more effective now-days because there are many mediums to use.
Right here, on this very forum, we see this disinformation campaign in action. This is why many of the good researchers who frequented this site when I first joined, have now gone.

Unfortunately, until this whole subject gets out into the mainstream, or the Aliens themselves show up on-mass, this subject will always be at a disadvantage.

I find comfort in the fact that my mind is already made up on this matter. I don't feel the need to seek the truth so to speak. The truth is out there; it just take a lot of time and effort to find it.

:cheers:

Great post.
It's a given that ufos exist and i would say its a given that so far we as the masses have been given no solid proof of this fact,To me it stinks like,we know more than you,the cia has done a good job making everybody think they have secret bits and pieces when the truth is i expect everybody is still in the dark about it,nobody knows nothing.They are there,theres fk all anybody can do about it,lets make out we have a crashed one.

Personally though 8-) i wouldn't be surprised if theres a secret race of humans always about 800 years in advance of us
living below us somewhere, left over from the last major disaster that hit this planet.
Still in saying that,i also wouldnt be surprised if we were just monkeys in a zoo :flop:

Writer

PostTue May 06, 2014 2:48 am » by Shikaze

To me the "alternate dimension" theory makes in general a load of sense. Not only for Ufos, but what about paranormal/mythical sightings? Dragons and unicorns and fairies and undetectable sasquatches and whatever are described everywhere around the world with a surprising amount of consistancy, but have never been captured, approached or shot. We all know how humans and animals have a talent to get themselves into messes, lose their ways and generally end up somewhere they do not belong, like in ditches or swamps or fall from high things, so who is to say that the general clumsiness of life doesn't extend further? Or, that certain individuals of whatever species hadn't found out how to get into other areas to find more food/explore things/hide their young/generally benefit from switching dimensions for a short time.
What UFOS might want here? Sightseeing/photo safari/gas station/exit ramp/train station or universe hiccup I do not know. Maybe we are something like indigenous stone age tribes for them and they are afraid of disturbing our culture?
If they are dimension-hopping or merely creating wormholes or have a WARP-engine is open to speculation, but the dimension hopping would explain so much more.

Conspirator

PostTue May 06, 2014 4:53 am » by RATRODROB

Good topic FD

I certainly believe in UFOs, ive been reading about them since the late 60s, ive seen a few weird things aswell, one of which I told willease about.

I do find it a bit fckn odd how their appearance has changed over the years, when I were a kid they were pretty much all nuts and bolts type craft of different shapes and sizes, now most are seen as balls of light or light spheres.

Unless humans have been imagining the whole UFO thing, and simply changed their minds as to what a UFO should look like to keep up with the times, then UFOs are real and have themselves changed their appearance to fit in with our view as to what an alien craft should look like.

Why would UFOs change their appearance you may ask, perhaps its to avoid panic and to slowly introduce them selves to us in a way that we can accept, I mean back when I were a kid a nuts and bolts craft was easier for me to come to grips with, I guess it made them more conventional and more like us and less frightening.
if I had seen or been reading (as a kid) about aliens that were made of fckn light and had no body and all that shit, it would have freaked me out.
Remember the panic the foo fighters caused, they even scared the military, maybe that's why the aliens appeared as balls of light back then, in a rare show of balls of light to frighten man kind in times of war.

My latest conclusions are that there are possibly many types of aliens, greys, Nordics, reptilian etc, these are all flesh and blood and travel in nuts and bolt type craft.
Then there are the light entities (balls of light ) I think they are the most purest form of energy and mind, they dont need a physical body and can move about through thoughts alone.
Or maybe they are all the one entity that can take on whatever form they want.......... :nails:

I think its pointless for humans to think about getting anywhere near the speed of light in a nuts and bolts type craft, I mean, if you were travelling at half the speed of light and you hit a grain of sand in space, fckn bang, oblivion.
Sure we can achieve better speeds with our old rocket ships but not light speed.

Perhaps the greys etc can travel interdimentionally, there for their nuts and bolts craft dont have to travel at light speed to cover vast ditances.

As far as the light spheres, balls of light go, im fckd if I know how they get from A to B in an instant, maybe they use other dimensions, planes, cosmic fckn connectivity (made that last one up haha) dunno.

Im fairly sure of one thing, if they wanted us dead or wanted our planet, they could have killed us ages ago and taken all our shit, but they aint.

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Initiate

PostTue May 06, 2014 4:55 am » by Innosent

Fatdogmendoza wrote:...Everybody tends to colour what they observe through their own filter of experience, and a belief in UFOs may influence misidentification and cause hallucinations...

Well, I can't speak for everyone but, for me, I certainly did not for a minute seriously believe aliens were real until June 19 2010 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada at 11:07pm I saw something quite perplexing (I'll just quote myself from a previous thread because I like the way I put it and it's quicker:

Innosent wrote:After nearly four years, I find myself with some free time for the first time in many moon so I've finally decided to make some composites of the events that led me here.

1)Image

2)Image

3)Image

Legend:

1- At first the plasmoids were behaving much like fireflies. I believe these were the same things witnessed by John Glenn.

2- After about 15 seconds of the random firefly type maneuvers, they morphed ergonomically into this pisces like formation. At this point, they're all in unison with equal speed, altitude and relative distance to each other.

3- only for the last 5 seconds before they completely submerged, were they in this straight line. Again, equal distance and relative distance from each other. I didn't even notice the 'cloud' until the lights went into it.

Here are some videos that I believe contain the same phenomena captured on film.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Basically all the anomalies in the STS tapes swarm like fireflies especially on STS-75 (the "tether" incident)

Upload to Disclose.tv

The best video in the second one (the Portal) is in the last 20 minutes or so.

Fatdogmendoza wrote:However many people who report and have experienced strange events have a lot to lose by going public, yet they still do even at the expense of being ridiculed.

Vader said it best...

Upload to Disclose.tv

Fatdogmendoza wrote:Other Dimensions
With the expansion of quantum physics the existence of alternate realities has been readily debated. There has been a move in some quarters to use this as an explanation for the UFO phenomena; that the aliens are actually beings who live in coexistence with us in a parallel reality. Perhaps this explains some of the accounts of missing time and time slips described by UFO witnesses. Unfortunately there is little evidence to suggest that this is true, and if there are parallel dimensions the energy needed to cross between them would be phenomenal.

Psyccotronic / The human factor
Carl Jung, the eminent psychologist thought that the UFO phenomenon was the result of symbolic manifestation of the human unconscious, somehow projected into reality. However, he was never quite comfortable with the more physical element of sightings. There does seem to be a similarity in older folk beliefs about fairy abductions and UFO abductions, albeit coloured by the modern worldview. This theory has links with some of the other ones, namely folklore and it is interesting to note that some alleged UFO abductions have taken place while the subject was under full view of other witnesses. This suggests that the experiences are personal, and stem from the psychological make up of the individual.

The Extra Terrestrial Hypothesis
From early on in UFO lore (after the 1947 sighting) there has been a firm belief, especially in America of the reality of visitors from another planet. This has recently been refuelled by the X files and the many books and programs about government conspiracies and Roswell. This has been polarised with the more down to earth belief in archetypal unconscious imagery being the source of encounters.

The belief in government cover ups, and that aliens are amongst us, goes hand in hand with the ETH, authors such as Timothy Good have championed this theory, writing about how successive governments have covered up the knowledge of aliens. However it is unlikely that a government cover up would be possible given failure to keep even relatively small scandals quiet.

As for science, it seems split in the belief in extraterrestrial life, it seems that life on earth has been dependant on a number of coincidental factors, that have proved perfect for the advancement of cellular carbon based life forms; Factors such as the existence of Jupiter blocking life destroying asteroids, and the size and position of the moon. These are seen in some quarters to decrease the likely hood of life on other planets. But then the Universe is a big place with billions and billions of stars.

What scientists generally agree upon is that there is little chance of any Alien civilisation reaching the earth, especially if the speed of light is a stable variant. The distances covered are thought to be too large. The existence of wormholes and other theories has not yet been proved.

The only way to prove the existence of an alien race visiting earth would be hard physical evidence independently verified.

Geophysical Locations and the effect on Human Consciousness
Much research has been done on the effect of certain geophysical locations and their effect on human consciousness, and the reality of a phenomenon called earthlights. The leader in this field of research has been Paul Devereux, who has shown that places along fault lines and plate margins are associated with strange lights that may have a natural origin and may be misidentified as alien craft.

He goes further and suggests that abduction experiences may be the result of these lights and places affecting the brain by way of electronic fields. These effects can create dream states within the individual concerned explaining why some accounts seem coloured by personal experience. All this being said there is no doubt that the experiences have life changing qualities, in much the same way as shamanic experience of past cultures. The ability of some people to go into trances in the past was seen as a great benefit to the community. Perhaps a similar state is attained when people experience abductions.

This is too small a place to go into this theory in detail but you should check out Paul Devereux's books, Earthlights Phenomena and Power in the Land.

Folklore and Modern Mythology
The similarity between descriptions of fairy abductions in common folklore, and alien abduction cases has often been pointed out. The real difference is the appearance of the beings, and description of the place the abductee is held. There are similarities in time differences and slips, strange lights heralding the events, and the changes in witnesses after the experience. The sites of these abductions are also often very close to ancient sites and fault lines. It seems as though the same phenomena is at the root of the events but the belief system of the witnesses has changed, colouring the accounts.

There is also the temptation to call the UFO phenomenon modern folklore; strange lights in the past would have been identified with the fairies, whereas now they are often seen as UFOs and whatever the term conjures up to the witness.

Hollow Earth Theory
This theory is one of the most bizarre we will look at in this small selection, it is not as widely discussed as in the early stages of the phenomena, and it is not really one that has ever taken hold in British Ufology. The theory seems to stem from an ancient occult belief that there is a hollow kingdom under the earth inhabited by strange beings. A great deal of old lore suggests hidden tunnels, caverns leading to other worlds etc, although this could prove evidence for other theories such as the belief in other dimensions. The hollow earth is either seen as a base for interplanetary craft, or as a place where strange denizens live, and have always lived, sometimes wandering to the upper regions in much the way as Fungus the Bogeyman does in Raymond Brigg's graphic story.

Wow, that's allot of theories. Strange how you did not make a snippet about how it could be entirely possible that secret aircraft made by the corporations that make vehicles for the military are responsible.
That's not what I think though. I'm pretty sure that cloud in the picture was like a giant mothership of extra-terrestrial origin, and the 'orbs' for lack of a better term, were their power supply. I've had much time to contemplate all the ramifications logical, or otherwise, and it is mainly because of my recent learning of the UFO light phenomenon in Hessdalen, Norway that has been, more or less regularly occurring since the early 80's (a link to the documentary is in my previous quote). Another reason is because they could not have been solid matter as I witnessed them colliding without incident. It very much resembled the way beads in a lava lamp collide with each other. If you watch the Hessdalen documentary seriously with an open mind and good eyes, you can see examples of this on film. So what does Hessdalen and Saskatoon have in common? Well, they both have circular particle accelerators close to where the light phenomena were witnessed. That is why I feel the way I do. That is the only reason I believe there is a conspiracy at the Nuclear level. I worked in a Uranium mine once upon a time. Never saw anything strange up there though. I was a non-believer at the time.

I never heard of Timothy Good before reading your post but he's probably right. I believe Aliens are co-operating with the government. This would work with my theory that particle accelerators of the circular variety are actually a new type of generator. Generators for their immense electrical demand. I myself have never witnessed what happens when gold atoms are smashed together at nearly the speed of light but, I bet much energy is released.

Until I am proven wrong I will state now I believe that I have stumbled upon something very disturbing, the ramifications of which are irrevocably, irreversible. I believe that there is no such thing as a Higgs Boson. It's a lie to justify the billions they spent on the CERN Super-Collider. A Machine which has a secret purpose, and that purpose is to generate vast amounts of electricity, probably gigawatts or terrawatts or more. With this they can travel between dimensions, I will not say more about other dimensions in this post. Then I would look like a troll.

On a less serious note; Jake E. Lee (that guy who wrote bark at the moon) and his new band "Red Dragon Cartel", have a new video out.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

What is that on the cover, a mothership drawing power from a super collider?!

Super Moderator

PostTue May 06, 2014 5:05 am » by Slith

Wow! Great thread. Great read. Keep it coming :pray:

:flop: :flop: :flop:

Beating the shit out of spammers......one click at a time

Writer

PostTue May 06, 2014 5:10 am » by Devilishwork

RATRODROB wrote:.

Good topic FD

I certainly believe in UFOs, ive been reading about them since the late 60s, ive seen a few weird things aswell, one of which I told willease about.

I do find it a bit fckn odd how their appearance has changed over the years, when I were a kid they were pretty much all nuts and bolts type craft of different shapes and sizes, now most are seen as balls of light or light spheres.

Unless humans have been imagining the whole UFO thing, and simply changed their minds as to what a UFO should look like to keep up with the times, then UFOs are real and have themselves changed their appearance to fit in with our view as to what an alien craft should look like.

Why would UFOs change their appearance you may ask, perhaps its to avoid panic and to slowly introduce them selves to us in a way that we can accept, I mean back when I were a kid a nuts and bolts craft was easier for me to come to grips with, I guess it made them more conventional and more like us and less frightening.
if I had seen or been reading (as a kid) about aliens that were made of fckn light and had no body and all that shit, it would have freaked me out.
Remember the panic the foo fighters caused, they even scared the military, maybe that's why the aliens appeared as balls of light back then, in a rare show of balls of light to frighten man kind in times of war.

My latest conclusions are that there are possibly many types of aliens, greys, Nordics, reptilian etc, these are all flesh and blood and travel in nuts and bolt type craft.
Then there are the light entities (balls of light ) I think they are the most purest form of energy and mind, they dont need a physical body and can move about through thoughts alone.
Or maybe they are all the one entity that can take on whatever form they want.......... :nails:

I think its pointless for humans to think about getting anywhere near the speed of light in a nuts and bolts type craft, I mean, if you were travelling at half the speed of light and you hit a grain of sand in space, fckn bang, oblivion.
Sure we can achieve better speeds with our old rocket ships but not light speed.

Perhaps the greys etc can travel interdimentionally, there for their nuts and bolts craft dont have to travel at light speed to cover vast ditances.

As far as the light spheres, balls of light go, im fckd if I know how they get from A to B in an instant, maybe they use other dimensions, planes, cosmic fckn connectivity (made that last one up haha) dunno.

Im fairly sure of one thing, if they wanted us dead or wanted our planet, they could have killed us ages ago and taken all our shit, but they aint.

RRR

Hey rob.
I was wondering if you or anyone else could recommend some books or websites to check out? Really into the whole UFO subject so I'm hoping any of you guys might of read some books I've missed.

Thanks

Next