There is more than one way to awaken the public.

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 26, 2010 6:18 am » by Hackjames

truthisaweap0n wrote:yeah, play nice, he's entitled to his opinion... granted, we could all do without judgement, but no harm no foul.

and this is not an ad, i didnt post links to my site or anything of the sort, and i only posted relevant works.

I thank you for the reasonable nature of your response, as well as the contribution itself.

It is also true about not needing to be judged, to be fair. I struggle with my reactions sometimes though, as I'm sure we all do so let's all conceptually hug and revel in our solidarity.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 26, 2010 6:23 am » by Hackjames

noetic wrote:I never meant to sound as if I was passing judgment.
I'm an off-roader,I mutilate myself almost everyday,it's fun to me,and I'm sure getting tattoos is something you enjoy,to each their own.

I honestly over-looked the conversation starter aspect of the artwork,oops.

A long time ago I put the pyramid of power and the eye of rah on the tailgate of my jeep in an effort to start conversations,and it worked.So I had the great idea to put "9/11 was an inside job" under it in bold text,all that did was get me pulled over, beat up and ticketed by police. a judge ordered me to remove it or cover it,so you see the double edge sword you are playing with ?
thats the only point I was attempting to make.

A great response as well, and a valid consideration on top of it!

Sorry, it's just nice to see. I've thought about the aspect of "visibility" in these matters, I guess I don't have an actionable position on it either way. Pros and cons on both sides.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Initiate

PostSun Sep 26, 2010 6:32 am » by Truthisaweap0n

well shit then, we aren't so different after all. :)
kinda off topic, but i've been wanting for sometime to put a sticker of an upside-down american flag on the back of my jeep, and my wife thinks i will get harassed and or vandalized for it. i guess she might be onto something.

as far as the mutilation aspect goes... truth is, i personally HATE the process of getting tattooed. that shit does hurt and when u are sitting for 5+ hours per session, there is nothing enjoyable about it. now some of my clients swear they love it, and maybe they do. but i dont like the pain one bit.

funny enough, i was tattooing a CFO of a bank and aside from confirming my fears and concerns about our current economic crisis... he enlightened me to something i had yet to consider. apparently people of religious faith and conviction around the world mutilate themselves to cause pain. they do this because the believe it helps to separate the body from the spirit, even if for a moment. by pushing through the pain, they somehow find themselves closer to god (or whatever god the worship)
its interesting stuff i will admit, but personally i'm in it for the art alone.

@hack
i am heavily tattooed and i love to hide them when i meet new people. they get to know me first as a person and when i eventually reveal my art, it screws with their judgmental nature and forces them to re-evaluate how they judge people based on their looks or choices. its fun sometimes :)

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 26, 2010 6:45 am » by Noetic

o man don't do that with the flag. after 9/11 when we went to war i hung the flag on the front of my house upside down and there was hell to pay.I had every kind of city officer and agent you can think of at my house giving me citations and warnings for everything under the sun.

One example was I had to paint my mail box and porch or get a 300$ fine within 7 days.they fucked with me for everything but the flag it seems,until I took it down.
I think it was just some nosy bitch in the neighborhood fucking with me but I don't know.all I can say is for awhile there it didnt feel like i was in america anymore.
patent pending lol

Initiate

PostSun Sep 26, 2010 6:49 am » by Truthisaweap0n

good point, isn't it interesting that when you do the things that makes you american, you're reminded that you don't live in america anymore... truly sad indeed.

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 26, 2010 6:50 am » by Hackjames

@truthisaweap0n

That was a great read, thanks man. I'd particularly like to recognize and admire that you publicly admitted to your wife (even if only potentially) having a point that runs counter to your own. As a happily married male human, I can say that it seems an extraordinarily difficult task at times, despite the circumstances. ;]

Good point on the pain aspect, I can't say I totally relate either but I have to acknowledge that it happens that way for some...I mean, why would you do that to yourself and then lie about the reason? Maybe it's delusional to whatever degree, but they (I think) certainly believe what they claim about the process, and that should be recognized.

I've bamboozled a few people with mine as well, I only have one small-ish mark but it's on the back of my hand. I put it there more for personal visibility than anything else and was self-conscious at times, like in interviews for example so I kind of naturally got used to subtly keeping it out of sight. Eventually though I think it progressed into something like what you describe. I must admit the mild deception is a rather engaging practice. :]

@noetic

I can sympathize with that feeling about America, it's not at all like it's described when you're, say, a child. It really does blow when the things you dislike most about the world get right in your face, and it does seem to happen all to often now.

The internet will fix things, though. With time, and Skynet.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Initiate

PostSun Sep 26, 2010 6:52 am » by Truthisaweap0n

oh, and im the kind of smartass that will smile as i comply with every BS demand you put on me. the whole, 'thank you sir, may i have another?' really gets them sometimes.

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 26, 2010 7:22 am » by Noetic

yeah me too,they will eventually get tired of beating you right?
patent pending lol

Initiate

PostSun Sep 26, 2010 7:32 am » by Truthisaweap0n

yeah, im not too fond of beatings? and what i really want to say i shouldn't... so i will quote a movie and u can filling the gaps with a little research if u dare :)

'there are worse things than death, and i can do them all'
Last edited by Truthisaweap0n on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 26, 2010 7:37 am » by Noetic

codelink?
patent pending lol

PreviousNext