They're Preparing for Civil War, but Are We Prepared?

Initiate
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:24 pm

PostMon Dec 14, 2009 5:03 am » by Woodgod23


ruquick at this stage it is fearmongering we have no credible evidence one way or another about it now all I am seeing in these articles is heresy nothing which can be backed up.
with Hesop I can see some evidence of it... but that's Hesop he actually brought evidence to this party the articles do not contain evidence.
and BTW I am prepared this way because in a few years i plan to live off the grid

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 13728
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:45 pm
Location: Chicago

PostMon Dec 14, 2009 5:11 am » by domdabears


woodgod23 wrote:
ruquick wrote:
woodgod23 wrote:This sounds like a lot of fearmongering personally.
While there is civil unrest brewing and a possible civil war coming to america it won't happen for a while in my opinion


These sound like the words of someone who will be ill prepared.

ohh I'm well prepared
5 years worth of MREs and Dehydrates, water purification systems ( both portable and stationary), enough weaponry ( hand to hand as well as firearm) and ammo to take out a tank,bullet proof vests,as well as portable generators & safe routes out of the city I live in so yeah I am prepared

5 year supply of MREs? Jesus. Thats a lot of money. A 12 pack is what... $50 or more. Wow.
Thats awesome that you have that, but I wouldnt need that. I'd like to have it, but I wouldnt NEED it. I been doing A LOT of practicing and studding on trapping and foraging and stuff like that for a long time now.
I got a lot of water purification systems too, but really all you need is a fire and something to boil it in.
If people are worried about this stuff, then I suggest they start practicing bushcraft.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

User avatar
Posts: 2661
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:09 am

PostMon Dec 14, 2009 5:14 am » by Hesop


You might want to consider stepping up your plans WG. Suggestions made to me by a friend, (retired AF) could give merit to something sooner.
Image

Initiate
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:48 pm

PostMon Dec 14, 2009 5:30 am » by Ruquick


woodgod23 wrote:ruquick at this stage it is fearmongering we have no credible evidence one way or another about it now all I am seeing in these articles is heresy nothing which can be backed up.
with Hesop I can see some evidence of it... but that's Hesop he actually brought evidence to this party the articles do not contain evidence.
and BTW I am prepared this way because in a few years i plan to live off the grid



You could be right ,but what if you're wrong? We pretty much KNOW it's coming, so why down play the sense of urgency. Most people won't be prepared even with advanced warning ,so they would be better served by being provided the info they WILL need far in advance...do'nt ya think?

Writer
User avatar
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:02 pm

PostMon Dec 14, 2009 6:03 am » by Sw33tlou


It would be smart to go ahead and prepare for the worst just because of how bad the economic situation is. Sure this information could be very credible, but you should ALWAYS be prepared to bug out and be completely independent. If you are able you should advise as many people to do what they can to prepare.
I no longer "WANT TO BELIEVE"
I know. It is now time to decide what we do with this knowledge.

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 13728
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:45 pm
Location: Chicago

PostMon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 am » by domdabears


sw33tlou wrote:It would be smart to go ahead and prepare for the worst just because of how bad the economic situation is. Sure this information could be very credible, but you should ALWAYS be prepared to bug out and be completely independent. If you are able you should advise as many people to do what they can to prepare.

i agree.
i dont know this stuff and do it just because of these scenarios though. i do it cause its fun and its a hobby of mine.
personally i think everyone should know how to be self reliant. especially with all this technology we have that does everything for us.
A good book to read.
http://www.amazon.com/When-Technology-F ... 670&sr=8-5
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Initiate
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:24 pm

PostMon Dec 14, 2009 6:48 am » by Woodgod23


domdabears wrote:5 year supply of MREs? Jesus. Thats a lot of money. A 12 pack is what... $50 or more. Wow.
Thats awesome that you have that, but I wouldnt need that. I'd like to have it, but I wouldnt NEED it. I been doing A LOT of practicing and studding on trapping and foraging and stuff like that for a long time now.
I got a lot of water purification systems too, but really all you need is a fire and something to boil it in.
If people are worried about this stuff, then I suggest they start practicing bushcraft.

It's not all MREs. MREs ( 48 cases of the sopakco I got a discount) are for when I go out hunting the rest of the time I have Efoods Direct stuff (I have 15 of the freedom unit and 5 of the Liberty unit as well as a few Grab and go 2 month packs Just remember I have to feed 4 people for 5 years on this.)
hesop wrote:You might want to consider stepping up your plans WG. Suggestions made to me by a friend, (retired AF) could give merit to something sooner.

I am considering stepping them as early as next may if need be and if I see increased "civil unrest" then its off to the mountains of Colorado and a friends cabin and cave system

User avatar
Posts: 2661
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:09 am

PostMon Dec 14, 2009 7:03 am » by Hesop


Sounds like a solid plan.
Always keep in mind, our military and how they train. Service tech's with a 4 yr term are trained for missions they may be needed for. Training isn't wasted. It's preparation.
Image

Initiate
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:24 pm

PostMon Dec 14, 2009 7:17 am » by Woodgod23


hesop wrote:Sounds like a solid plan.
Always keep in mind, our military and how they train. Service tech's with a 4 yr term are trained for missions they may be needed for. Training isn't wasted. It's preparation.

that is a good point I think they are going to start on a much more subtle level personally psy-ops for starters hence why i don't even own a tv

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4192
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:30 pm

PostMon Dec 14, 2009 7:42 am » by Aragajag


Boiling bacteria containing water is not a good idea as the dead bacteria release chemicals that can be very bad for you. After boiling the water pass it through some sand and activated charcoal the carbon in the charcoal will trap any contaminates. Just an FYI.

Edit, I got that arse about face. Pass water through sand and a bottom layer of charcoal first that will remove most bio hazards that will put chemicals in the water on dying. Then boil.
Image
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook