Thinking, thinking of thinking and so forth - on meta levels

Conspirator

PostSat Apr 02, 2011 3:24 am » by Iamthatiam

nyarelathodep wrote:
allreadydead wrote:Thoughts are our very existance. :think:

We can be objectivley aware of our own minds and the thoughts being produced by the mind, so would it be accurate to say there lies a level of consciousness beyond the mind itself, and thus beyond thoughts as well? This is somewhat similar to being able to be aware of ones own emotions being felt, but with a neutral viewpoint of them, in real "time". Pure perception/awareness of being? If thats the case, theres existence quite beyond thought.

:clapper: :cheers:

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Initiate

PostSat Apr 02, 2011 4:28 am » by Samael

nyarelathodep wrote:
samael wrote:We are the sum of the whole. The mind body soul spirit ego superego id will desire etc. and more. We are past present and potential.

Part and wholes, desire/non-desire, polarities are machinations of the mind. Consciousness beyond this does not recognize duality...have you never experienced this state? I would be suprised if you said no, you strike as a pretty perceptive young man.

I have, for short durations, but when receding, the uncertainty returns. Absolutes are so very intense, there can be nothing more nor anything less. How can one realize one? How can a singularity recognize itself, or that... I've lost myself into a realm of thinking beyond words.

One must be the singularity, the area of existence in which there is no more you he she it, and there is only me. There is a infinite redundancy of self realization, and self reflection. Each looping, like a tesseract In infinitely simple complexity. Every attempt to quantify this, results into splitting hairs. I can feel it, I can be it, I can experience it, but I am unable to share it. Yet, the uncertainty of the reality of possibility that this is indeed real is never going to go away. Because I am unable to share this, I question whether it is a true singularity or only a wall. I've come to the limits of thought, and I'm :bang; .
:hell: :bang; :bang; :bang; :bang; :bang; :bang; :bang;
A Poison of, or A Remedy for
The end never justify the means.
eliakim wrote:In the top right hand corner where my Spirit unicorn used to appear

eliakim wrote: Abba spoke and he said he would cut off the penis of Islam.

Initiate

PostSat Apr 02, 2011 5:29 pm » by Nyarelathodep

[
I have, for short durations, but when receding, the uncertainty returns. Absolutes are so very intense, there can be nothing more nor anything less. How can one realize one? How can a singularity recognize itself, or that... I've lost myself into a realm of thinking beyond words.

One must be the singularity, the area of existence in which there is no more you he she it, and there is only me. There is a infinite redundancy of self realization, and self reflection. Each looping, like a tesseract In infinitely simple complexity. Every attempt to quantify this, results into splitting hairs. I can feel it, I can be it, I can experience it, but I am unable to share it. Yet, the uncertainty of the reality of possibility that this is indeed real is never going to go away. Because I am unable to share this, I question whether it is a true singularity or only a wall. I've come to the limits of thought, and I'm .

Thats about as far as you can really get through thinking about it sam...very close, but from the other side of a glass pane, so to speak. You key word here is "share"...no, you cannot share it...theres nothing to share really. You speak of singularity, and theres not even that...thats another mental construct...the delusional playmate of duality/multiplicity. This is WHY you lose it when your mind attempts to recognize and bring it back under the limited framework it utilizes to discern "reality"...it is unequipped to exist in that state of awareness and doesnt particualry care for places which threaten its existence. Theres a "space" between that shifting of consciousness that can be observed as well, and thats very telling in and of itself. Think of it in another way...your mind works in symbols/images which occure at a rate of 24 frames per second...your mouth is not able to convey anything near this amount of information in both terms of speed and articulation of thought. The difference, all things being equal, between your oral arpeture and your mind is the same as your mind and actual consciousness. As above, so below...the pattern always holds true.
For challenges to come, we stand against the tide...under the banner of the brave. Mission Aetheria...the future belongs to the brave.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 03, 2011 11:17 pm » by Allreadydead

can we (as an individual creature) exist without thinking or knowing we exist?

For we are our thoughts, like our thoughts are us, for how do we know of our existance in the physical world if we cannot think of that existance in such terms?

For we all possess a 'body' or entity, but what value does that entity have if we cannot realise it's existance within the physical world and the other world of thought - one being in need of the other to exist?

A dual creature of fate - the animal and the spirit - both must exist to exist.

Time to spark up another, and thanks to the missus for an interesting discussion about this.... :mrgreen:

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 04, 2011 2:03 am » by Iamthatiam

allreadydead wrote:can we (as an individual creature) exist without thinking or knowing we exist?

For we are our thoughts, like our thoughts are us, for how do we know of our existance in the physical world if we cannot think of that existance in such terms?

For we all possess a 'body' or entity, but what value does that entity have if we cannot realise it's existance within the physical world and the other world of thought - one being in need of the other to exist?

A dual creature of fate - the animal and the spirit - both must exist to exist.

Time to spark up another, and thanks to the missus for an interesting discussion about this.... :mrgreen:

:flop:

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Previous