Thinking, thinking of thinking and so forth - on meta levels

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 1:58 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

Thinking, thinking of thinking, thinking of thinking of thinking and so forth sounds silly having any meaning.

Actually it has - such lines reveal meta levels of our mind. A meta level is a level in between thinking and imagination thus showing our mind having more than two states of working.

Thinking
is a kind of mental work putting different puzzle pieces together expressing in a flow of insights. It is linked to language even transcending language thus finding new words and verbal imagery.

Imagination
is a different kind of mental work putting also puzzle pieces together in a flow of imagery. It is linked to symbols, pictures, mental movies thus finding new sceneries of the mental cinema.

A meta level is thinking of thinking.
It is not thinking pure thinking but a verbal imagery of the act of pure thinking thus being a kind of derivation of it. Whether I think or not. Thinking that I think thus is not pure thinking.

It becomes crazy going deeper stating: I think of thinking of thinking, being another meta level. (Remember Gertrude Stein`s a rose is a rose is a rose in "Sacred Emily".) This is another derivation of pure thinking. And so ad infinitum.

An act of pure thinking in this regard is being exposed to a flow of insights wich can be more or less expressed by language. This kind of revelation is using thoughts to reveal itself from a state of which is not thought before.

Thinking of thinking and so forth is related to thoughts of thoughts which had been thought before or thought had been thought before. From there it is not pure thinking of things not been thought before but thinking of thoughts had been thought before. In this regard we could only call it pure thinking of thoughts which had been thought before but not pure thinking of the unthought before.

Encountering reality and perception of it in different kinds is also a game of meta levels. Another reason living reluctance in any thought processes...
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Initiate

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 2:07 pm » by G3n3sis

An excerpt from Walter Russell's The Secret of Light:

God is consciousness. Consciousness is static. Consciousness is the knowing of mind. Knowing is static. Consciousness is the spiritual awareness of being, of all-knowing, all-power and all-presence. Thinking is electric. God’s thinking is expressed by two-way moving wave extensions from consciousness, like a lever swinging upon a fixed fulcrum, or like waves extending from the calm sea. Thought expression is dynamic. Thinking belongs to the electrically sensed and conditioned vibrating universe of motion. Thinking is the motionless principle in light which creates the illusion of motion. The self of man belongs to the static, invisible, conscious, unconditioned universe of knowing. We express knowing in the dynamic, visible, electrically conditioned universe of sensation.

Sensation is the electrical awareness of motion simulating the spiritual qualities of the one idea by creating imaged quantities of separate forms which seem to have substance.

Confusion and misunderstanding as to whether we are thinking consciously from knowledge or sensing electrically from memory records stored in our brains have led us to the necessity of distinguishing between the two by common usage of such terms as the human mind and mortal mind.

Likewise the same confusion leads us to the adoption of such terms as subconscious mind and superconscious mind.

Imagination: All forms in this creating universe of imagined forms are but electric recordings of god’s imaginings. They have no existence. Records of idea are not the idea they record.

They have no substance. They are but black and white lights of sun-centred wave fields of space assembled in vibrating systems to simulate substance in an objective universe which is not, but seems to be.

This creating universe is not a created one. God did not begin to imagine at some fixed time, for time does not exist. This light-wave universe which records Gods knowing by his thinking and imagining is as eternal as gods thinking is eternal.

Inspiration is that deep awareness of the consciousness of being which differentiates the genius or mystic from the being of average intelligence.

Inspiration in man is accompanied by an intense mental ecstasy which is characteristic of all who become intensely conscious of their closeness to God.

Inspired geniuses forget their bodies while deeply conscious of their existence as wholly mind. Their bodies, thus forgotten, act almost automatically in obedience to instinct and cell memory reflexes.

Inspired geniuses translate god’s knowing into words of man for the soul of man. They uplift all mankind by reinspiring all who listen to their ecstatic words and rhythms.

When they shall know the light of me in them, then they shall be me and I them. – The divine Iliad.

The mystic is one who has attained cosmic consciousness by a complete severance of the seats of consciousness and sensation. He is then almost totally unaware of his body and is totally aware of the light of god centering him. Omniscience comes to him in that timeless blinding flash of light which is characteristic of a complete severance. Every timeless flash of intense inspiration which comes to any man is a partial illumination, for inspiration is the manner in which new knowledge comes to man from the cosmos.

The way to gradually attain cosmic consciousness is to intensify ones conscious awareness by much aloneness and companionship with god while manifesting him in every moment and in every task of life. The deterrent to cosmic consciousness is the feeling that god is far away instead of being within, and that we can reach that far away god only through sources outside of ourselves.

I am beauty. In beauty must man be born anew. Through beauty must knowing man become ecstatic man.

To him who would add ecstasy to his knowing I say: seek me in truth; for only in the rhythm of truth shalt thou find ecstasy.

Verily I say, the creations of ecstatic man are my creations, for they are balanced things, and I am balance.

To him who wouldeth create unbalance I say: untruth exists not in my house. I alone hold balance; and the eyes of those who see through me are immune from all but balance.

For I am balance. And I am energy, and I am rest. I am the light of love and truth. Upon that foundation have I laid the cornerstone of my universe.
To conceive we must stop thinking and know. All sensing must cease. There is no power in thinking. Thinking but expresses the power which lies in knowing. We must project our selves into the still light of knowing to commune with god. We must become one with god to conceive idea in order to produce the form of that idea. A concept must precede its manifestation in form.

The art of civilisation long outlives the civilisation. The pyramids of Egypt still speak of the creation of a race which is long gone from the face of the earth. The sculptural and architectural beauty of Greece still tells us of a type of creative genius which has never been excelled. The great in the arts are few. Art Alone endures. All else passes.
:sunny:
"The Sign of an Educated Mind is that, Which can Entertain a Notion or Idea Without Accepting it"

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 2:22 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

[youtube]9_vYz4nQUcs&feature=related[/youtube]
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Initiate

PostFri Apr 01, 2011 3:26 pm » by Unitb166er

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

[youtube]PYE2qVgyBb0&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]0tc_oy71sJ0&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]DIL37Rkt4m0&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]nmtjnG3d0VI&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Designed To Give A Damn!

Conspirator

PostSat Apr 02, 2011 1:41 am » by Iamthatiam

Which perfectly means that a thought can be thinking not to think itself as a thought.Thinking instead,not be thinking thoughts and thinks but to be Having thoughts of thoughts within thoughts....

What would a thought be to a thought after all?

Thinking isnt existing more than thinking of existing,therefore thoughts thinking of existing would never be thought itself as a thought.
:mrgreen:

:D

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator

PostSat Apr 02, 2011 1:42 am » by Allreadydead

Thoughts are our very existance. :think:

Initiate

PostSat Apr 02, 2011 1:45 am » by Jeckk

Existence isn't subject to non-existence. Non-existence is a quality within existence. Thinking of thinking of thinking of thinking etc etc....Still requires a source otherwise nothing would be able to think. A thought to a thought is the same thing as existence to existence, just a reflection.

Super Moderator

PostSat Apr 02, 2011 1:55 am » by The57ironman

i think i thought that thinking of thinking was deja vu

What's at stake is more than 1 small country, it is a big idea,
a new world order,
where diverse nations are drawn together in a common cause
to achieve the universal aspirations of mankind

it's long on new and it's short on order

Conspirator

PostSat Apr 02, 2011 2:17 am » by Mozi!!a

nice post T

chek it out :D :think: :flop:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostSat Apr 02, 2011 2:31 am » by Nyarelathodep

allreadydead wrote:Thoughts are our very existance. :think:

We can be objectivley aware of our own minds and the thoughts being produced by the mind, so would it be accurate to say there lies a level of consciousness beyond the mind itself, and thus beyond thoughts as well? This is somewhat similar to being able to be aware of ones own emotions being felt, but with a neutral viewpoint of them, in real "time". Pure perception/awareness of being? If thats the case, theres existence quite beyond thought.
For challenges to come, we stand against the tide...under the banner of the brave. Mission Aetheria...the future belongs to the brave.

Next