This Is Interesting

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 4:05 am » by Harbin

Antiwar.com

Initiate

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 4:59 am » by pushtone

it's simple enough - folk feel the need to be extreme in exercising their rights because they see their privacy and freedom being eroded. These are people saying -no - 'this isn't a police state' we have right's... written in law - you have no power so go away.
Allow the threats and lies - the fear and propoganda, let them manipulate and induce you to conform and you've thrown your independence lost your individuality......and are just a dominated Population.

Cheers :wink:
- - -

"If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Ludwig Wittgenstein.

Super Moderator

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 3:32 pm » by Spock

Sure, understandable again. But it lacks "tact". It's brazen and in your face, I don't care who it is - it's inviting controversy. And if you want the laws changed to where we won't have a second amendment, you continue to do dumb stuff like this, deliberately poking your finger in the eye of people (whether for or against gun rights) and on top of that, be a smart ass to the police.

The only thing it's going to do is initiate controversy and show that gun rights advocates are just as snarky, hard-headed and belligerent as any of the left.

Just because someone has a cock doesn't mean they have a right to swing it in another's face and call it freedom of expression, it could get cut off.

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 4:11 pm » by Aragajag

There are still tribes who leave weapons laying around for any kid to play with, of course its a bad thing to touch when you are not of age.
I wonder how we got here as a society where no one was really wrong in that video, the control mechanism thats been programmed working to its best when opposing views like that, work out like that.

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 5:30 pm » by Cia212

Spock wrote:Sure, understandable again. But it lacks "tact". It's brazen and in your face, I don't care who it is - it's inviting controversy. And if you want the laws changed to where we won't have a second amendment, you continue to do dumb stuff like this, deliberately poking your finger in the eye of people (whether for or against gun rights) and on top of that, be a smart ass to the police.

The only thing it's going to do is initiate controversy and show that gun rights advocates are just as snarky, hard-headed and belligerent as any of the left.

Just because someone has a cock doesn't mean they have a right to swing it in another's face and call it freedom of expression, it could get cut off.

Well said. And I can agree with that.

Master Conspirator

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 6:10 pm » by Boondox681

morning,gents...interesting :think:

two truths remain:
1.some people are just douchebags,no matter what they do.a relative(good,bad) concept.
2.while in the academy,these 'peace' officers are not trained to shoot you in the leg.a grand(self-evident) concept.

oh,BTW

:flop:
"I wish i was there when the horse was stole,but I reckon I'll see the tracks when I get there"
-Abraham Lincoln

Initiate

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 8:57 pm » by Soliti

It is nice to see the positive in the police force, the cop was fair and eloquent on his manner. He was in the right to search but showed no force and respected the rights of the individual.

Buuuut the kid is a knob, you are carring weapons concealed and un concealed, you dont throw in your rights just because, sometimes just having the right's does not give you the right to use, when common sence should take place......

good post :cheers:

Initiate

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 9:56 pm » by Giovanni

Boondox681 wrote:morning,gents...interesting :think:

two truths remain:
1.some people are just douchebags,no matter what they do.a relative(good,bad) concept.
2.while in the academy,these 'peace' officers are not trained to shoot you in the leg.a grand(self-evident) concept.

oh,BTW

:flop:

yeah, i wonder why
Customers Are Like Whores

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 12, 2013 12:19 am » by RATRODROB

Spock wrote:
Cia212 wrote:
Spock wrote:I agree 1000% with the cops.

I would agree IF openly carrying a loaded weapon is a crime in this area. I doubt it is. And the idea that openly carrying a weapon is a peace disturbance has been rejected by courts. Which means that, even if this is a stop-and-identify state, there is no reasonable cause that these kids are in violation of any law so the stop itself is illegal. That being the case, the "shoot you in the head" line becomes near-criminal assault. Cops can't start yelling threats to intimidate people who aren't even breaking a law. And, in this case, he's citing a peace disturbance as the only "crime". And, toward the end, the officer's argument is basically that the best way to protect the 2nd amendment is to not practice it.

But you're right that the kid is stupid. If you're stopped, always ask if you're being detained. If not, leave. If yes, learn the crime you're being suspected of, then determine the amount of cooperation you want to give. If it's a peace disturbance, remind the officer that openly carrying a weapon isn't disturbing the peace. This entire stop should have lasted 1 minute. In the end, these kids are fully intimidated, speaking to the officers and agreeing with all of their demands. Lesson - if you set out to practice your rights, don't pussy out.

I agree with you, and understand, however, in this day, like the cop says, with people doing crazy stuff, if I saw a guy walking down the city street with a rifle like that, I would think (2) things. Either he is someone provoking a reaction and demonstrating his rights, or, he's a crazed lunatic about to open fire on innocent people.

So, I understand why the cops need to find out what the individual's initiative is. I'm of the opinion that you don't flaunt your weapons, but it's good to have them.

I don't think the guys were pussies, I thought they were jackasses to get out there knowing they were going to provoke a reaction, that's why they had the video camera with them. It's like they were wanting to initiate a struggle between two of the extreme views and videotape it.

With everything going on, it takes a healthy dose of sense. If you are wanting to walk down the street carrying a rifle, you should be considerate enough to tell the police what your intent is, what is the point in scaring people, or making them nervous - that defeats the purpose and puts up points for the other team.

If it had been me, I would have shown the police my ID and my CWP, it would have been over in 1 minute, and I would be strolling back down the street. This isn't the open range or wild west anymore, this is suburbia, with children and families, and if I saw someone like that walking down the street with a rifle, I would have profiled him exactly like Zimmerman profiled Martin, and I would have kept an eye on him until the cops got there and been prepared to shoot them had they displayed intent to harm before the cops got there. All that big mess, because someone wants to make a point. Buncha shit if you ask me.

:flop: RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Previous