This Is Interesting

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 903
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:02 pm

PostSun Nov 10, 2013 11:21 pm » by Giovanni


Customers Are Like Whores

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 15836
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 pm

PostSun Nov 10, 2013 11:57 pm » by Spock


I agree 1000% with the cops. Those guys are acting like idiots. They are like the people that scream for freedom of speech so they can shock, annoy and be obnoxious.

Does it make them bad guys? No, it makes them pricks.

Initiate
Posts: 281
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:22 pm

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 12:49 am » by Spikey


Agreed Spock.

I thought the cops behaved very well and polite as it goes. The older cop seemed like a really good bloke
trying to talk some sense into him.

But no, not bad guys, trying to make a point without thinking it through is about it.

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: Denver, Co.

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 1:46 am » by Hr2burn


Well, seems like there was at least one good cop there and he had some valid points. Being a civilian with a CCW, I understand people wanting to exercise their right and perhaps a little of the "I don't care who it makes uneasy." This was the exception not the rule on how these things play out. Because of the occasional shooting, it's making situations like this questionable. The actions of a few have altered it for the many.
I'm not suggesting changing the law but, in some states like Colorado, the weapon MUST be concealed. You're carrying, excercising your right and no one's any the wiser. Seems like a good middle ground. Oddly, I believe there are states it CANNOT be concealed. Kind of wacky...
Now I'm nothing...

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:47 pm

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 1:59 am » by pushtone


because they can :lol:


Upload to Disclose.tv

- - -

"If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Ludwig Wittgenstein.

Conspirator
Posts: 2312
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:34 pm

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 2:18 am » by Cia212


Spock wrote:I agree 1000% with the cops.

I would agree IF openly carrying a loaded weapon is a crime in this area. I doubt it is. And the idea that openly carrying a weapon is a peace disturbance has been rejected by courts. Which means that, even if this is a stop-and-identify state, there is no reasonable cause that these kids are in violation of any law so the stop itself is illegal. That being the case, the "shoot you in the head" line becomes near-criminal assault. Cops can't start yelling threats to intimidate people who aren't even breaking a law. And, in this case, he's citing a peace disturbance as the only "crime". And, toward the end, the officer's argument is basically that the best way to protect the 2nd amendment is to not practice it.

But you're right that the kid is stupid. If you're stopped, always ask if you're being detained. If not, leave. If yes, learn the crime you're being suspected of, then determine the amount of cooperation you want to give. If it's a peace disturbance, remind the officer that openly carrying a weapon isn't disturbing the peace. This entire stop should have lasted 1 minute. In the end, these kids are fully intimidated, speaking to the officers and agreeing with all of their demands. Lesson - if you set out to practice your rights, don't pussy out.

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 449
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:47 pm

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 2:49 am » by pushtone


Cia212 wrote:
Spock wrote:I agree 1000% with the cops.

I would agree IF openly carrying a loaded weapon is a crime in this area. I doubt it is. And the idea that openly carrying a weapon is a peace disturbance has been rejected by courts. Which means that, even if this is a stop-and-identify state, there is no reasonable cause that these kids are in violation of any law so the stop itself is illegal. That being the case, the "shoot you in the head" line becomes near-criminal assault. Cops can't start yelling threats to intimidate people who aren't even breaking a law. And, in this case, he's citing a peace disturbance as the only "crime". And, toward the end, the officer's argument is basically that the best way to protect the 2nd amendment is to not practice it.

But you're right that the kid is stupid. If you're stopped, always ask if you're being detained. If not, leave. If yes, learn the crime you're being suspected of, then determine the amount of cooperation you want to give. If it's a peace disturbance, remind the officer that openly carrying a weapon isn't disturbing the peace. This entire stop should have lasted 1 minute. In the end, these kids are fully intimidated, speaking to the officers and agreeing with all of their demands. Lesson - if you set out to practice your rights, don't pussy out.


:flop:


Upload to Disclose.tv

- - -

"If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Ludwig Wittgenstein.

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 15836
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 pm

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 3:14 am » by Spock


Cia212 wrote:
Spock wrote:I agree 1000% with the cops.

I would agree IF openly carrying a loaded weapon is a crime in this area. I doubt it is. And the idea that openly carrying a weapon is a peace disturbance has been rejected by courts. Which means that, even if this is a stop-and-identify state, there is no reasonable cause that these kids are in violation of any law so the stop itself is illegal. That being the case, the "shoot you in the head" line becomes near-criminal assault. Cops can't start yelling threats to intimidate people who aren't even breaking a law. And, in this case, he's citing a peace disturbance as the only "crime". And, toward the end, the officer's argument is basically that the best way to protect the 2nd amendment is to not practice it.

But you're right that the kid is stupid. If you're stopped, always ask if you're being detained. If not, leave. If yes, learn the crime you're being suspected of, then determine the amount of cooperation you want to give. If it's a peace disturbance, remind the officer that openly carrying a weapon isn't disturbing the peace. This entire stop should have lasted 1 minute. In the end, these kids are fully intimidated, speaking to the officers and agreeing with all of their demands. Lesson - if you set out to practice your rights, don't pussy out.



I agree with you, and understand, however, in this day, like the cop says, with people doing crazy stuff, if I saw a guy walking down the city street with a rifle like that, I would think (2) things. Either he is someone provoking a reaction and demonstrating his rights, or, he's a crazed lunatic about to open fire on innocent people.

So, I understand why the cops need to find out what the individual's initiative is. I'm of the opinion that you don't flaunt your weapons, but it's good to have them.

I don't think the guys were pussies, I thought they were jackasses to get out there knowing they were going to provoke a reaction, that's why they had the video camera with them. It's like they were wanting to initiate a struggle between two of the extreme views and videotape it.

With everything going on, it takes a healthy dose of sense. If you are wanting to walk down the street carrying a rifle, you should be considerate enough to tell the police what your intent is, what is the point in scaring people, or making them nervous - that defeats the purpose and puts up points for the other team.

If it had been me, I would have shown the police my ID and my CWP, it would have been over in 1 minute, and I would be strolling back down the street. This isn't the open range or wild west anymore, this is suburbia, with children and families, and if I saw someone like that walking down the street with a rifle, I would have profiled him exactly like Zimmerman profiled Martin, and I would have kept an eye on him until the cops got there and been prepared to shoot them had they displayed intent to harm before the cops got there. All that big mess, because someone wants to make a point. Buncha shit if you ask me.

Conspirator
Posts: 2312
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:34 pm

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 3:27 am » by Cia212


Spock wrote:If you are wanting to walk down the street carrying a rifle, you should be considerate enough to tell the police what your intent is, what is the point in scarring people, or making them nervous - that defeats the purpose and puts up points for the other team.

Presumably, most people wouldn't admit to a nefarious intent.

Spock wrote:If it had been me, I would have shown the police my ID and my CWP, it would have been over in 1 minute, and I would be strolling back down the street. This isn't the open range or wild west anymore, this is suburbia, with children and families, and if I saw someone like that walking down the street with a rifle, I would have profiled him exactly like Zimmerman profiled Martin, and I would have kept an eye on him until the cops got there and been prepared to shoot them had they displayed intent to harm before the cops got there. All that big mess, because someone wants to make a point. Buncha shit if you ask me.

That's great, but people have the right to be less cooperative (or not at all in this case). And, I don't doubt it would disturb a great many people to see someone walking down the street with a gun, so would a Klan march, but it's still their right (in most cases).

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3377
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:50 pm
Location: 2 Thirds Down The Bottle

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 4:01 am » by Toxic32


As I don't live in the US maybe I should STFU...But if you have a right to carry a gun and that is the law. What the fuck is the problem. You can...Or you can't. You can if nobody can see it... You can't if it makes other people afraid...Well you can, but we just have to scare the shit out of you so it looks like we are doing our job. Even though we are breaking the law and should put our selves under arrest for stopping and questioning you for doing what is legal and right to do as written in our constitution, which I have sworn to uphold and protect. If you keep complying with the law by attempting to touch the lawfully carried gun which second amendment gives you the absolute right to do...I will blow your fucking head off. There by making an arse of the rest of the constitution I have sworn to protect. Of course the problem is there are to many different shades of red. But from what I'v read about the constitution RED IS RED....No shades are allowed. I think IMHO...Just before they put the news on the tele they should make a big issue about what your constitution says and means. Every day. Day in day out. Just as a side issue. Do you have a constitution day?
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.


Next

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook