This should put your life into perspective

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2519
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:27 pm

PostTue Dec 08, 2009 3:10 am » by Giusdude


aragajag wrote:I cant get away from the "what does it all mean?" part. The further out we look the less we know and the same goes on the small scale. Then if the multiverse multidimension stuff comes to the average persons awareness and real understanding, God or no god we are in for a ride as a species if we dont blow it before.



i have had this tought a few times:

what if there was, somewhere out there, someone with all the answers?
and even more than that, would we be able to grasp the meaning of them?
i mean, i tried to explain math to my dog...
as long as there's one idiot around wlling to believe bullshit, there will be a bullshitter

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 9:24 pm

PostTue Dec 08, 2009 3:14 am » by Opiwan


giusdude wrote:
opiwan wrote:
spock wrote:That is awesome. I think I may as well call in lame to work tomorrow.

Sucks doesn't it, our tiny microcosm of stress, when we all know it is completley insugnifigant.



I hear ya, and understand what you meant. When you look out, it does make our day to day doldrums seem insignificant. Something much bigger out there and we sit hear worrying about stupid shit. Right on. :flop:



well, i guess it's either that OR not getting out of bed at all.....
we HAVE to feel self important, otherwise we will realize that our lifes really amount to...... zilch.
one human life, 80 years long.
trillions of planets, billions of years old.
we really are nothing, huh?


My point is, we all tend to chase things that lay up no treasures in Heaven. When we see this vast universe it's makes our choices for chasing monetary things seem so useless. It takes looking out to understand how to look within and know that family, relationship, love, forgiveness, acceptance are the same stuff made of stars and universes. We're all locked into our little circle of stress, but to truly be free of it we have to divorce ourselves from this world system and get back to the things that are universally important. It's not something i can do, but it's something that I understand. It's called "letting go and letting God". How that is done is beyond me. Guess I don't have enough faith. But I understand the concept.

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 9:24 pm

PostTue Dec 08, 2009 3:15 am » by Opiwan


giusdude wrote:
aragajag wrote:I cant get away from the "what does it all mean?" part. The further out we look the less we know and the same goes on the small scale. Then if the multiverse multidimension stuff comes to the average persons awareness and real understanding, God or no god we are in for a ride as a species if we dont blow it before.



i have had this tought a few times:

what if there was, somewhere out there, someone with all the answers?
and even more than that, would we be able to grasp the meaning of them?
i mean, i tried to explain math to my dog...


Nice. My dog actually has a better comprehension of math then i do. But I am with you there. That's why i believe in God. I do believe there is a mind out there that understands it all.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2519
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:27 pm

PostTue Dec 08, 2009 3:26 am » by Giusdude


opiwan wrote:
giusdude wrote:
aragajag wrote:I cant get away from the "what does it all mean?" part. The further out we look the less we know and the same goes on the small scale. Then if the multiverse multidimension stuff comes to the average persons awareness and real understanding, God or no god we are in for a ride as a species if we dont blow it before.



i have had this tought a few times:

what if there was, somewhere out there, someone with all the answers?
and even more than that, would we be able to grasp the meaning of them?
i mean, i tried to explain math to my dog...


Nice. My dog actually has a better comprehension of math then i do. But I am with you there. That's why i believe in God. I do believe there is a mind out there that understands it all.



opi, i was born and raised catholic, but i always questioned religionS, all of them.
but i understand what you mean:
if someone is out there that knows EVERYTHING, than this someone can definetly be considered a God.
not the one that tells me how to act, how to think, how to relate to other human beings.

just someone that is SO MUCH MORE than i am.....

following this line of toughts, i guess i am a god to the rats in the subway.....
as long as there's one idiot around wlling to believe bullshit, there will be a bullshitter

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 9:24 pm

PostTue Dec 08, 2009 3:49 am » by Opiwan


giusdude wrote:opi, i was born and raised catholic, but i always questioned religionS, all of them.
but i understand what you mean:
if someone is out there that knows EVERYTHING, than this someone can definetly be considered a God.
not the one that tells me how to act, how to think, how to relate to other human beings.

just someone that is SO MUCH MORE than i am.....

following this line of toughts, i guess i am a god to the rats in the subway.....


:flop:

I guess I'm still considered naive. But I also believe that one thing that knows all things, knows us personally. :cheers:

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:38 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostTue Dec 08, 2009 3:54 am » by Tinman4higher


Nice. My dog actually has a better comprehension of math then i do. That's why i believe in God. [/quote]

Well done.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization...GC

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 9:24 pm

PostTue Dec 08, 2009 4:03 am » by Opiwan


Yikes. That's a low one Tin Man. Sorry you hate the idea of God so much. Nice editing.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4394
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:30 pm

PostTue Dec 08, 2009 4:07 am » by Aragajag


I cant help but feel that the great all knowing/being and the understanding of creation or the happenstance universe is to be ever unfolding. I think it all probable that any advanced beings would always be searching for further knowledge and full understand will always be just on the horizon. Like in the vid at first the scientists were worried it might be a waste of time and money to look at a seemingly empty spot in the universe and pow it all got bigger again.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1068
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:38 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostTue Dec 08, 2009 4:08 am » by Tinman4higher


opiwan wrote:Yikes. That's a low one Tin Man. Sorry you hate the idea of God so much. Nice editing.

I just couldn't pass that one over
Atheism is a non-prophet organization...GC

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 9:24 pm

PostTue Dec 08, 2009 4:12 am » by Opiwan


tinman4higher wrote:
opiwan wrote:Yikes. That's a low one Tin Man. Sorry you hate the idea of God so much. Nice editing.

I just couldn't pass that one over


I understand. I hope one day you can believe in something greater than yourself though. :flop:


Previous

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook