THOUGHTS FOR A CHANGING FREQUENCY....

Initiate

PostWed Nov 18, 2009 10:51 pm » by lainn

Ponderings for those that would want to share applications...expression of perception and to be veiwed as only perception and not truth....please do consider the contribution of an apple from your tree as it is benificial to atleast taste and choose to either swallow or spit out ...'human to human' we all exist in a most intresting time...for those that have been swimming in full immersion to that which all can attest the sensation of lately felt...if not...then question yourself to how much of a hold the distraction has on you....i start with this thought to set a tone in hopes that in the end the thread becomes frequency..

Change in character occurs only through the formation of new habits. Control can be attained by non attachment or by eliminating emotional reaction to situations and individuals. Non attachment does not mean that there should not be love or compassion, but rather that certain emotional thought waves be ignored. The thought waves may arise, but they are observed in a disintrested fashion, then put aside. Non attatchment is a state of mind. It is in-difference of objects of the world. It envolves being unaffected by the pull of likes and dislikes. Whenever the mind aquires the taste for a particular sensationor pleasure, it becomes attached to it. The mind recalls the experience and desires repetition of it. It is this craving that creates pain. Non attachment does not necessarily mean the cessation of life in society. It involves seperating oneself from the binding emotion of that life. Renunciation is a great aid to the attainment of non attachment. By giving up objects of the senses, the mind is quickly stilled, but it is best to remember that non attachment is not synonymous with not having. One can own nothing and yet be full of desires. If a person likes the sweet flavors of fallacio, binding his/her hands and taping his/her mouth will not keep his/her mind from dwelling on this treat. The basis of non attachment is the internal realization of the worthlessness of the external world. Objects and desires then fall away.....but renunciation does not mean running away from society, duties and responsibilities, as is sometimes assumed. It means carrying on with ones duties in a dispassionate, unattached way. The more you want the least you get. It seems that those that must have are never really satiated....pushing me to feel as if 'desire' is the lead of suffering. Take less and don't feel obligated....care for your mate not to the point that you are falling in love and hard to live with. ....things will happen with or without you, so you don't have to be a part of it all...a choice?...free choice?.....that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be a part of, it means you don't necessarily have to be a part.

Tis world is temporarily....all are promised the same in the end....don't need it, or will you choose to be bound to it all.

Master Conspirator

PostThu Nov 19, 2009 12:00 am » by Cornbread714

I practice non-attachment to the extreme, it seems.

I can't help it. I have a hard time committing, or even caring about being in a relationship.
I don't like having a job. I don't have enough attachment to success to actively pursue my so-called career. I just wait for the phone to ring. Thankfully, it often does, but not often enough to create any kind of real security. I own virtually nothing other than musical equipment, but I have no debts to speak of. I learned how to hustle without too much effort a long time ago, I guess.

I'm not attached to any race, religion, political ideal, UFO or New Age theories. I guess I might call myself an existentialist, but what does that mean, really? I hang out here just to kill time, shoot the shit, and do battle with what I see as ignorance or hatred, but it's still just amusement - I don't take it too seriously, even though I'm a bit addicted. I've still got a curious mind and I like interaction, but I'm not even all that attached to this site or the computer at all.

I spent 2 months without internet this summer with no withdrawal symptoms.

I sometimes wish I could attach myself to somebody or something, but I still run free and squeak by with my modicum of wit and talent.

Does this mean I'm enlightened or just a fucked up dreamer?

Oop, I got neighbors knocking, I'll check ya later...
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 19, 2009 12:29 am » by Spock

eh eh - Lain said "fellatio".

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 19, 2009 12:33 am » by Spock

lainn wrote:Change in character occurs only through the formation of new habits.

Honestly though - it all boils down to that statement. Even detachment is an addiction to not being attached. But to the detached person, there is still ultimate attachment to something, even if it's personal music and wit.

Habits are addictions.

Another GREAT point that was made in "What the Bleep".

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 19, 2009 12:36 am » by Lucidlemondrop

Great post Cornbread...........
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Initiate

PostThu Nov 19, 2009 2:16 am » by lainn

cornbread714 wrote: I guess I might call myself an existentialist, ...

right then...perfect...so what i'm asking is to offer an apple from your tree ....your perception of 'truth' that derives from that experience....as surely there are others that exist on your frequency....
...for example...is this a sugession to walk through this experience of life a bit more weightless and can it be applied as a method to arrive at higher hights...

run free and squeak with a modicum of wit and talent.

see i'm not searching to contest it in any way and when i read ..i read with the intent to find that one line...that one sentence or word that resonates as application..even if one doesn't totally agree with what another says...there's always that one thing and it seems different to all..that quote right there is what i took from all that.....i hope you understand where i'm trying to get at.

Super Moderator

PostThu Nov 19, 2009 2:30 am » by Spock

lainn wrote:
run free and squeak with a modicum of wit and talent.

see i'm not searching to contest it in any way and when i read ..i read with the intent to find that one line...that one sentence or word that resonates as application..even if one doesn't totally agree with what another says...there's always that one thing and it seems different to all..that quote right there is what i took from all that.....i hope you understand where i'm trying to get at.

You can pick up on a vibe of a person when you read them over time.

You have a vibe too. Most of this dysfunctional family of posters have a vibe.

And it's easy to see the difference between the standard diatribe of each person, and the person themselves. You know that - you've mentioned it before.

It makes chat boxes interesting, intriguing and misleading at the same time.

Master Conspirator

PostThu Nov 19, 2009 3:47 am » by Cornbread714

@ Lainn, Lucid, Spock - cheers! :cheers:

I don't know about changing frequencies but I am frequently changing.

Does that count?
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostThu Nov 19, 2009 11:53 am » by kentrb

good day lain and all
this thread is such an awsome topic.hope you dont mind me poking in here. one(more than one it seems) thing i think about frequencies,positive or negative,is they are true.how they are perceived is up to the receiver, but a frequency is what it is. this is only my opinion.
kindness,love,shareing,compassion,giving,nurturing,peace are imo positive frequencies.they are all easy to recognize,but do we choose to emit this.
greed,hate,anger,taking,destroying,killing,war imo are all negative frequencies.they dont seem to be so easily recognizable.
focusing on the negativity really hampers seeing the beauty,almost makes it impossible.
its your choice, to do what ever you choose to do with your frequency.usually an action evokes a reaction,positive or negative
a thread to a frequency.awsome analigy and a brilliant idea lain.very curious to see where this thread goes

i hope link works.its not an apple,but pictures can say alot.hope you enjoy the frequencies
a frozen dew drop,on the tip of a blade of grass,a tiny air bubble heart(photosynthysis i think)
sun seen through the bubbles,through the ice.love is written in letters by nature.if you cant read the love,i'll point it out.really cool.
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVPApZ0

peace