Time slip man?

Writer

PostThu Mar 17, 2011 1:40 am » by Preraphaelite

theduck wrote:Check this, same subject, had to search through my old posts to find it, interesting read if you can be arsed... :cheers:

is-reality-continuously-being-re-engineered-t4852.html

Well I could be arsed - great article cheers! Hadn''t come across it before...that's certainly got me thinking. :think:

Reminds me of some of the deep chats I used to have with certain friends at school when we were about 11 or 12. Wondering what if we were all just someone's dream and then that someone lived a life in another world etc, etc... Also, Dark City happens to be one of my all time favourite movies. :sunny: I remember seeing it at the cinema when it came out and loved the concept of it. Am still drawn to the idea of past and present/future colliding and dabble a little in the world of steampunk.

Thanks for your input :clapper: :cheers:

Writer

PostThu Mar 17, 2011 1:58 am » by Preraphaelite

captainkarizma wrote:
reminds me of "where 's the day gone" or " knowing you've driven somewhere but cant remember driving there" ,
and it aint nowt to do with drugs or booze (im sticking to that aswell )
good post

happened to me driving to work, it was a 1 1/2 hour drive I arrived on time but have no memory of the drive I didn't realize it till I was pulling in to the parking lot.
But I have heard of people micro sleeping while driving and I think that is what happened to me.
Although what I have researched is , it doesn't last an hour as in my experience.

Microsleep

Microsleeps are brief, unintended episodes of loss of attention associated with events such as blank stare, head snapping, and prolonged eye closure which may occur when a person is fatigued but trying to stay awake to perform a monotonous task like driving a car or watching a computer screen.

Microsleep episodes last from a few seconds to several minutes, and often the person is not aware that a microsleep has occurred. In fact, microsleeps often occur when a person's eyes are open. While in a microsleep, a person fails to respond to outside information. A person will not see a red signal light or notice that the road has taken a curve, which is why this phenomenon is of particular interest to people who study drowsy driving. During a microsleep, a pilot might not be aware of flashing alarm lights in the cockpit.

Microsleeps are most likely to occur at certain times of the day, such as pre-dawn hours and mid-afternoon hours when the body is "programmed" to sleep. Microsleeps increase with cumulative sleep debt. In other words, the more sleep deprived a person is, the greater the chance a microsleep episode will occur.

People with sleep disorders often experience microsleeps, but pretty much everyone can have them, particularly if they are tired. It should be noted that “Excessive Daytime Sleepiness”, a well recognized symptom, is not the same as microsleep, although microsleep episodes often occur during periods of Excessive Daytime Sleepiness.

Researchers have tried to quantify microsleep times and episodes in an attempt to develop a diagnostic tool like the commonly used multiple sleep latency test. However, this has proven difficult and at this time there is no agreed-upon clinical tool for assessing micosleep.

I don't drive, but I've definitely experienced this many times myself when walking places - the experience of having no recollection of a whole portion of my journey.

have also experienced the drugs and booze thing too... :mrgreen: :lol:

I suppose what was different about my friend's experience was that he seemed to be viewing someone else's timeslip, and the other guy seemed to know that he'd been noticed (if that makes any sense?). I will tell said friend about this thread and see if he will come on here himself- he'd love it! Have told him about Dtv before but don't know whether he's ever ventured in. :wink:
:cheers:

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 17, 2011 3:43 am » by Wolfbane7272

preraphaelite wrote:A friend told me of an odd experience he had a couple of weeks ago. I thought I'd share it here to see what others make of it.

My friend was driving his car along the local high street in the middle of the afternoon. There are roadworks along there so the traffic was moving quite slowly. Looking out the window at the people passing by, he noticed a man walking along the pavement going in the opposite direction. The man was very distinctive looking and had an odd fashion sense so he kind of stood out. As my friend drove slowly on up the road, after travelling on about 100 ft or so, he swears that he again passed the same man, who was still walking in the same direction as before. What really creeped him out was that this time the man turned to face him and gave him "an odd look".

My friend is very open to ideas and into the paranormal etc, but is not the kind of bloke to make things up. He wonders whether the strange man was in some kind of time slip. He asked me what I thought but I haven't a clue (other than suggesting that the man might have had an equally oddly dressed twin brother who was following on behind - not much help!).

What do you guys think? Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? Or do you just think my friend's mind was playing tricks on him? :think:

i have definitely had deja vu experiences before and i believe something like this could happen i believe in alternate realities or parallel dimensions , i mean why couldnt a time lapse or overlap happen. i once was in a forest when i was 8 yrs old and about 10 minutes into my forray through the forest i had the distinct feeling of being in another realm , the forest that was once normal became magical , it was definitely not the same forest i entered into and it was not my imagination running wild because i had been to this forest countless times while growing up , but at this particular time ,and place it was strangely different , with a sense of being lost in my familiar forest . this went on for about 15 minutes or so then it past , i also got the sense i was completely alone , and i mean alone .

cheers

Super Moderator

PostThu Mar 17, 2011 10:42 am » by TheDuck

preraphaelite wrote:
theduck wrote:Check this, same subject, had to search through my old posts to find it, interesting read if you can be arsed... :cheers:

is-reality-continuously-being-re-engineered-t4852.html

Well I could be arsed - great article cheers! Hadn''t come across it before...that's certainly got me thinking. :think:

Reminds me of some of the deep chats I used to have with certain friends at school when we were about 11 or 12. Wondering what if we were all just someone's dream and then that someone lived a life in another world etc, etc... Also, Dark City happens to be one of my all time favourite movies. :sunny: I remember seeing it at the cinema when it came out and loved the concept of it. Am still drawn to the idea of past and present/future colliding and dabble a little in the world of steampunk.

Thanks for your input :clapper: :cheers:

:hiho: man and no probs, yeah I only recently got the chance to see Dark City, it slipped by me somehow... awesome movie :flop:

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Writer

PostThu Mar 17, 2011 6:43 pm » by Preraphaelite

Ok, well I messaged my friend last night and directed him to this thread. I don't know whether he will eventually join us here, but anyway this was his reply to me:-

"That's an interesting read. Although it was ME who slipped in time and not him. And i've also experienced a similar thing while walking into stanpit marsh a man leaving with his kids gave me a weird look. Saw the same man with same kids two hours later just as we were leaving but 100 yards further up the same path. Basically from his viewpoint he'd seen me in two places more or less at once. . . I also sometimes notice lampposts and street furniture and other things and point them out to be new only to be told they'd been there the whole time as if i'm being silly . You're welcome to copy and paste this into the forum . "

I'm wondering why, if the time slips are as a result of different dimensions/universes overlapping, only certain people are experiencing this. Especially when they occur in public places where there would be many other people around.

In the UK TV show "Primeval", when there is an anomaly, everyone around can see the twinkly light circle thingy where the dinosaurs come through! :lol: And of course they get to experience the dinosaurs themselves too. :shock:

Previous