Time Speeding Up

Writer

PostSun Aug 15, 2010 10:19 pm » by Markak

To many posts to read so I hope nobody has said or covered this, I apologise now if so.

In my opinion our belief in time (60 seconds > 1 minute, 60 minutes > 1 hour) is due to the earths rotation around its own axis and orbit around the sun.
If the earth never rotated or orbited the sun, instead just sat there in space, same distance from the sun, how would we perceive time? or even know it (Yes I know, life would probably not exist).
Time could have been proven from a basis of say.. a glass of water. As you pour the glass of water down the drain the mere fact of the water leaving the glass and entering the sink would give thought to the movement through something, which we ended up with, called time. He was here "one minute" but now he is gone.
Time will always be around as we move through space. Now what would happen if everything just stood still and never moved. Time would be irrelevant.
In my opinion of course.
As a wise man once said to me "Son a good liar is someone who can remember THEIR lies.. NOW STOP LYING! little bastard!"

Master Conspirator

PostSun Aug 15, 2010 10:30 pm » by Boondox681

there is only one 'time'.
it's the moment we call the present
for that's what it truly is...
a present.
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 15, 2010 10:33 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

boondox681 wrote:there is only one 'time'.
it's the moment we call the present
for that's what it truly is...
a present.

so, only now counts and there is no history ore no future time. the really time is now and here?

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 15, 2010 10:37 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

Some years ago I found at the wall of a shithouse a quote:

Time is an illusion!

And onother hand added:

My opinion too till she became pregnant!
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Initiate

PostSun Aug 15, 2010 10:47 pm » by Govtslave

Thanks to all the posters on this thread. I have enjoyed reading your ideas. This a topic I have thought about many times. Markak, I don't believe time is measured by the rotation of the earth anymore as that is constantly changing ever so slightly Hmmmmm. Rather the decay of the cesium atom is now the standard for measuring time.

While lying on my bed watching a star trek episode recently, I wondered when they say "it will take 3 days at warp 2 to get there" what might be classified as a day when you are in deep space. Or for that matter a minute or second. Theoretically speaking, does the star ship enterprise have a cesium clock? If your traveling in deep space you still age, right? So, our bodies have a built in clock deep in our brain. If we could turn that clock off would we still age or be able to perceive the passage of time? Just thinking out loud here.

Then, comes the question of infinity. How long is infinity? If you lived forever, would it make sense to still keep track of time? It would if you didn't want to be late for that date at 7p.m.

They say the universe has always just existed in some way. So, can we measure it's age?

You can really go crazy with this stuff. I love it.

Master Conspirator

PostSun Aug 15, 2010 10:50 pm » by Boondox681

so, only now counts and there is no history ore no future time. the really time is now and here?

close.they're all happening in the same moment.
don't think of time as linear,think of it as if you take a stack of papers and push them down on a spike,evenly spread.up and down.
now,when a person has a past life experience,they're just 'taking a peek' below.
when a person see the future,they're 'taking a peek above.we all do it.
this happens mostly in 2 ways-dreams and what we call deja-vu.
in a nutshell :flop:
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 15, 2010 11:02 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

boondox681 wrote:

close.they're all happening in the same moment.
don't think of time as linear,think of it as if you take a stack of papers and push them down on a spike,evenly spread.up and down.
now,when a person has a past life experience,they're just 'taking a peek' below.
when a person see the future,they're 'taking a peek above.we all do it.
this happens mostly in 2 ways-dreams and what we call deja-vu.
in a nutshell :flop:

so, the past, present and future are happening now in different dimensions at the same time? is it all in our brain thing? i know the brain has it's own internal clock that it electro-chemical in nature and consists of a small area in the brain that experiences a neurochemically regular reaction. That area can be made to speed up and slow down by various means so that the what we experiences time "passing" at different rates.

Basically i think time can be non-linear If we can create a clock that ticks in a non-linear way then you have non-linear time.

It's a head wrecker isn't it ? :flop:

Master Conspirator

PostSun Aug 15, 2010 11:32 pm » by Boondox681

truly my friend
in a nutshell doesn't sum it up.
my wife knows all my 'theories'
bless her heart

Initiate

PostSun Aug 15, 2010 11:39 pm » by Jax40

Very interesting theory... enjoyed reading it...

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 15, 2010 11:59 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

boondox681 wrote:truly my friend
in a nutshell doesn't sum it up.
my wife knows all my 'theories'
bless her heart

thanks for sharing it,all of you guys, i think now differently about the time. i have to go work 8 o clock in the morning, but no problem, i know i have all the time in the world until 8,:D

and boondox your theories are always welcome mate :flop:

PreviousNext