Time Speeding Up

Writer

PostMon Aug 16, 2010 12:17 am » by Markak

govtslave wrote:Thanks to all the posters on this thread. I have enjoyed reading your ideas. This a topic I have thought about many times. Markak, I don't believe time is measured by the rotation of the earth anymore as that is constantly changing ever so slightly Hmmmmm. Rather the decay of the cesium atom is now the standard for measuring time.

While lying on my bed watching a star trek episode recently, I wondered when they say "it will take 3 days at warp 2 to get there" what might be classified as a day when you are in deep space. Or for that matter a minute or second. Theoretically speaking, does the star ship enterprise have a cesium clock? If your traveling in deep space you still age, right? So, our bodies have a built in clock deep in our brain. If we could turn that clock off would we still age or be able to perceive the passage of time? Just thinking out loud here.

Then, comes the question of infinity. How long is infinity? If you lived forever, would it make sense to still keep track of time? It would if you didn't want to be late for that date at 7p.m.

They say the universe has always just existed in some way. So, can we measure it's age?

You can really go crazy with this stuff. I love it.

So it's just a coincidence that the seconds, minutes, hours, days, nights, month, years, fall into this atomic clock?. This atomic clock still resides in time only known to our race. A second is but a second long, not 1.2487 seconds long. Time could and would be of a longer length of time.. if say.. we lived on Mars.
It takes Mars just under 2 years to orbit the sun so our "Year" would be longer than it is now. We wouldn't know this of course as it would still be a year to us if time was calculated from a mars point of view.
It takes over our 1 day for Mars to rotate so the 24 hour day would be longer, as would the second, minute, hour.
This caesium atom decay will still be timed on our length of time.
It's more about how and what is time not the length I suppose. But I am talking from a human point of view that resides on planet Earth.

All this is based on man made facts of course.
As a wise man once said to me "Son a good liar is someone who can remember THEIR lies.. NOW STOP LYING! little bastard!"

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 16, 2010 12:27 am » by Svaha

There is past nor future for the body, the body experiences the now, only the now.
The mind can and will dwell in past and future, has 'invented' time because of the attachment to objects, it's not an absolute time, it differs in relation to the state of mind.
When my attention is purely on my right brain, there is no time, only the right time for everything, I experience the eternal now.
To me time is the same as for instance a meter, or 2 times 2 is four, or red / green traffic lights,a set of agreements.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 16, 2010 12:29 am » by lamonema

Time is our way of measureing a force, a force that starts / ends every action known. A unit of measure to signifigance of existance. For some religions this would be called GOD, for others this would be called the action of GOD. So as we continue to understand time and continue to see the infinite measurements of time, we may do all this just to find out that Time is God. Which has already been know, since our time was recognized to have begun at the beginning. ( Don't mind me, just a weed induced thought out load. ) :peace:

Writer

PostMon Aug 16, 2010 12:46 am » by Markak

svaha wrote:There is past nor future for the body, the body experiences the now, only the now.
The mind can and will dwell in past and future, has 'invented' time because of the attachment to objects, it's not an absolute time, it differs in relation to the state of mind.
When my attention is purely on my right brain, there is no time, only the right time for everything, I experience the eternal now.
To me time is the same as for instance a meter, or 2 times 2 is four, or red / green traffic lights,a set of agreements.

Nice way of putting it.
I personally don't wear a watch, haven't done since I realized time was irrelevant to my happiness and well being.
There is only day and night.
As a wise man once said to me "Son a good liar is someone who can remember THEIR lies.. NOW STOP LYING! little bastard!"

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 16, 2010 1:15 am » by Anuki

A theory i read (and believe :mrgreen: )
about how time works, is like a vortex...

Your 'time' (like (Earth)starts when you're born (middle of the vortex)
from then on, every day every month every year last longer (vortex out)
till your (cycle) is at the bottom of the vortex, goin up en reverses (vortex in)
every day, month, year you experiance as goin faster...

Earth cycle, they say, is were the white line is (approximately)
and a new cycle (transformation) begins

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 16, 2010 2:24 am » by Ghost32

I think what you are talking about in science is called The Singularity, this has nothing to do with black holes, but a technological singularity that will change time and everything as we know it.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 16, 2010 3:44 am » by Anuki

ghost32 wrote:I think what you are talking about in science is called The Singularity, this has nothing to do with black holes, but a technological singularity that will change time and everything as we know it.

Thnx for posting the vids, i did not know this :flop:

The vortex btw, i used as an example tryin to explane 'time' :wink:

Conspirator

PostMon Aug 16, 2010 4:23 am » by Newearthman

newearthman wrote:It took me about a year to really wake up to the world. I have learned over one year what hundreds of people have taken their whole lives to study and explain. I can't get enough info off the web to satisfy me now, each day I learn from a lifetime of other peoples knowledge.
I am far more aware than my grandfather but he will never know it because he has spent his entire life learning through himself so he doesn't understand anyones perspective but his own.

Wow, this is an old post...I must be a genious(wrong spelling) if I wrote this...I almost thought someone had hyjacked my character! Good to be me !

Previous