Time

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 595
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 10:41 pm

PostFri Feb 11, 2011 5:23 am » by Captchaos


niji666 wrote:
zaff4444 wrote:
niji666 wrote:I mentioned this the other day. Listen to Stephen Hawking Universe in a Nutshell and there is a video i will try and find for you basically about our planet coming up to it's alignment makes the days go faster.

The guy in the video makes a lot of sense. If you can imagine when our planet started it's journey and travelled away from it's alignment the days would be longer,but now its on it's way back to it's original position time speeds up.

The mayan calender stops at 2012 because after the alignment the journey starts again and time/days will be much longer. I'm crap at explaining but i will try find the vid and the stephen Hawking explanation on how time works is great :flop:

Im not 100%convinced about the 2012 theory,my take on it is 2012=not end of world but begining of a new time in the world but not good e.g-new world laws,more deception etc...
To be honest from the mayan side of things they have never said it would be the end of the world and the mayans didn't really make predictions on future events, so it would make more sense to say just the end of a cycle.

They made a calender that ran till the end of a cycle as they knew it. They were excellent astronomers for there time and even our astronomers now will say the mayans were correct about the galactic alignment date or at least they were near enough.

I don't think anything will happen in 2012 to change the planet, but we will enter a new cycle heading away from the alignment which should give us more time in the days and years to come. Just because the calender end's on that date doesn't mean everything stops in fact it doesn't really mean anything.

They made the calender until the end of the cycle. To carry that on they would have had to make a whole new calender for the next 36ish thousand years which would be pointless. When you get a calender for the new year it only runs for that year then you go buy a new one you dont buy the year after's calender aswel that's pointless i think its the same principle. They wouldn't make the next calender just the one of the years they were living in.

Well said, i know of a few movie directors who would argue your point, but only because the idea of rational thought doesnt sell very well.
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:22 pm

PostFri Feb 11, 2011 5:28 am » by Niji666


If you imagine the universe as a rubber mat and you put a large ball on it then drop smaller balls on the mat. The smaller balls will be attracted to the larger balls because of the indentation it makes in the rubber. After rolling down the mat the smaller balls will speed up and eventually circle the larger ball. That is how time works. Us(earth) are the small balls coming up to the large one(our galactic alignment). At the last hurdle before we make it round the large ball time will speed up, but on coming around the other side of the ball time will slow down as would the small balls.. If you know what i mean?
Image

Writer
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:27 pm

PostFri Feb 11, 2011 5:38 am » by Crazyartist


gail time is much easier than it used to be..goes much quicker!!

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:22 pm

PostFri Feb 11, 2011 5:39 am » by Niji666


I will tell you a strange fact about time. If you take twins and send one in a rocket at the speed of light into space. The twin on the ground will age faster than the one in the rocket
Image

Initiate
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:05 am

PostFri Feb 11, 2011 5:40 am » by Dazfromoz


My personal opinion of time
Time is motion, motion is time. In a sense we are time travelers through motion. Without motion there cannot be any sense of time. We have actual time in the sense that the universe and everything in it is in motion and as we understand it, time pass’s in the process of that motion. Then we have constructed time, that is our measurement of the process of motion that we call time all based on the natural cycles around us. The time it takes to do x y z etc.
We have invented a reference we call time only. We take our reference and apply it to the universe but it has no bearing on the passage of time over all. We have seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years etc that are all increments or blocks we regulate ourselves to.
The more blocks you make for yourself the faster time will appear to pass as you have done more within the lager blocks of time you are working in. Eg: doing x hours a day or x day a week at work. The less activity you do, the longer time seems to take to pass because you have less activity in your time blocks.
When people are board and are not involved in any activity they say, the time drags on and take forever to pass. Add to that, you are always in the moment. You can’t be in the past and you can’t be in the future both of wich are concepts based in time or our reference there of.
Being in the moment highly focused on a task we say, I can’t believe I’ve been doing x for hours, it only feels like minutes.
That to me shows how irrelevant time actually is.
The passing of time is a constant flow of now. You are always in the now, in constant motion in harmony with the all and our measurement of it is seems at odds with the natural flow, the constant now we are in. :headscratch:

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 5291
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:59 am

PostFri Feb 11, 2011 5:40 am » by Constabul


Cultures without Time

* The Pirahã Tribe: This small native tribe of the Amazon rainforest has an extremely limited language of humming and whistling (Davies). They use no numbers, letters, or art; and—more importantly—no concept of time. Specialists such as linguist Dan Everett have traveled to the isolated Pirahã villages of Brazil in order to attempt to teach the tribe how to read and write (Davies). Their attempts have generally been unsuccessful. To even consider introducing the concept of time to this tribe would be foolish, as their concept of numbers is non existant. They have no specific religious beliefs—no reverence to ancestors or heroes of the past.

There is no past tense…because everything exists for them in the present. When it can no longer be perceived, it ceases, to all intents, to exist… The linguistic limitations of this "carpe diem" culture explain why the Pirahã have no desire to remember where they come from and why they tell no stories. (Davies) So, although it may be difficult for many people in time-dependent cultures to understand the ways of the Pirahã tribe, there is an important lesson in their relaxed lifestyle—encouraging people to live every moment for what it’s worth.

* The Hopi Tribe: The Hopi Indian tribe is known for their interesting language: due to its lack of verb tenses and resulting omission of any conception of time. The closest that the Hopi language comes to a sense of time are two words in the entire language: one meaning “sooner” and another meaning “later” (Le Lionnais). The Hopi tribes live, for the most part, in northeast Arizona. They make their homes atop flattened sections of hills called Mesas, in villages called “pueblos” (“Hopi Indians”). The Hopi Indians are also well known for being a very peaceful tribe.



Cultures with Unique Views on Time

* Nomadic Tribes of Afghanistan and Iran: These peoples of nomadic tribes do not feel tied down by time in any other for than the seasons. In the spring, they migrate from the valleys to the mountains, where they will find richer and more abundant grasslands for their animals (Goudsmit and Claiborne 21). When the warm days of summer have passed, the nomads head back to the valleys from which they came in spring. Often this is a fairly long journey. This cycle continues throughout their entire lives.
* Asian Buddhist Culture: Although the system of months that so many people live by today is a lunar concept, the strictly lunar aspect is sometimes given little thought. Buddhists have a stricter lunar calendar, because the moon has always been to them “…an object of wonder and veneration” (Goudsmit and Claiborne 23). Buddhist monks meet for prayer twice in one lunar month, at the beginning and end of the lunar cycle. The Buddhist calendar consists of 12 months. Throughout the year, the days in each month alternate from 29 to 30 (“Buddhist Calendar”)—making each month shorter, on average, than the months that many other modern societies are used to.


http://library.thinkquest.org/06aug/01010/timeCultures.html
Image
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:22 pm

PostFri Feb 11, 2011 6:02 am » by Niji666


dazfromoz wrote:My personal opinion of time
Time is motion, motion is time. In a sense we are time travelers through motion. Without motion there cannot be any sense of time. We have actual time in the sense that the universe and everything in it is in motion and as we understand it, time pass’s in the process of that motion. Then we have constructed time, that is our measurement of the process of motion that we call time all based on the natural cycles around us. The time it takes to do x y z etc.
We have invented a reference we call time only. We take our reference and apply it to the universe but it has no bearing on the passage of time over all. We have seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years etc that are all increments or blocks we regulate ourselves to.
The more blocks you make for yourself the faster time will appear to pass as you have done more within the lager blocks of time you are working in. Eg: doing x hours a day or x day a week at work. The less activity you do, the longer time seems to take to pass because you have less activity in your time blocks.
When people are board and are not involved in any activity they say, the time drags on and take forever to pass. Add to that, you are always in the moment. You can’t be in the past and you can’t be in the future both of wich are concepts based in time or our reference there of.
Being in the moment highly focused on a task we say, I can’t believe I’ve been doing x for hours, it only feels like minutes.
That to me shows how irrelevant time actually is.
The passing of time is a constant flow of now. You are always in the now, in constant motion in harmony with the all and our measurement of it is seems at odds with the natural flow, the constant now we are in. :headscratch:


Your confusing space with time. Time is already there and can be manipulated so the only platform block is time itself unless your travelling at great speeds then time will never change no matter what your doing. Your thoughts are that your creating a slowdown of time by the activity's that you do or don't do when in fact all you are doing is keeping your mind active and not thinking about time. Time is already there past and future, not your future just the future of time. Time has it's own path and you wont change it, but you can manipulate it
Image

Writer
User avatar
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:25 pm

PostFri Feb 11, 2011 9:31 am » by Kartracer18


Time is a number made up by civilazation's to keep track of important dates and events. Human time is just numbers. Human time doesn't exist as a real whole number. Universal time is much more advanced though and is real.
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 9348
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:08 pm

PostFri Feb 11, 2011 9:57 am » by Freeyourmindnow


zaff4444 wrote:Ok,no mocking ok,is it just me that is realising time is speeding up,like hours go by fast,days also and months seem like weeks?


no man, i have that feeling too. maybe how older we get how faster life goes? chemical brain-thing?


Previous

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook