TIME TRAVEL in film.

Writer

PostSun Aug 10, 2008 10:05 pm » by DR. KNOW

I love a good sci-fi premise, Hollyweird has done all the theories and ideas to death, from Back to the future to Minority report and Paycheck, great stuff...All that Phillip K. Dick material from the 50s proved to be great fodder for a great and stimulating story. I really liked a lesser known indipendent film from a few years back called PRIMER,

these 2 young tech guys are building a power supply in their garage Steve Jobs style, when they discover that time slows down around it, not much but enough to manipulate an outcome in the future, So they hatch a plan to build a bigger version, sleep next to it for a day or so and come out to play and win the lottery, But they didnt take into account that when they came out of the little time bubble, they found that there where doubles of themselves going about their lives as normal, :o so they had to follow the doubles around so they didnt effect the outcome of the future, So they tried it a second time by sequestering themselves in a motel for a day, THEN sleeping next to the machine, but a ill timed cell phone call to one of the guys wives sets off a whole new time continuum problem, GREAT FILM, was actually kinda beleivable because of the scam they wanted to undertake, and all the weird techno dialouge was cool too, the film ends with a lesson and a message but not a good one. Rent this film PRIMER at Blockbuster if you can, it was very cool, I just loved it. :flop: DR. KNOW
DR. KNOW

Writer

PostSun Aug 10, 2008 11:14 pm » by Awesomewells

I agree, it's a very cool film. Bit hard to understand but you'll be talking about all the clues that appear in the movie for a while afterwards. And yes, all the tech speak is pretty amazing!

PostSun Aug 10, 2008 11:55 pm » by Lan05

Or you can watch it on Google Video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5694&hl=en

EDIT: That's weird, seems like me and you [awesomewells] registered to these forums at the exact same time... hm.