Tokyo Bans Hentai

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1958
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:08 pm
Location: The outlet by the light switch

PostWed Dec 15, 2010 5:19 pm » by Thebluecanary


You know, I don't like that stuff. I've watched some of it with friends who were raving about how great it was, and I really don't see how little girls in school uniforms getting anally raped by monsters with giant tentacles does anything for anybody. But when I was in the business of selling entertainment, that shit would fly off the shelves. Gay boy manga, especially, was loved by teenage girls, for some reason. And you could imagine, the sterotype Chester the Molester guys who came in week after week to stock up on the latest "Schoolgirl lesbians raped by something with tentacles" flicks. We even had a game come in once that was some Japanese shit where the object was to meet, date, and eventually have sex with attractive female cartoons. It came in a box shaped like the torso of a girl that had "realistic" jiggly tits on it, for your groping pleasure.

Japanese culture has such a terribly restrictive and heirarchical social system, where every interaction between humans in public, work, school etc is governed by such strict unbreakable rules, that as a consequence their sexual fantasy life has run amok in ways that seem strange and disturbing to me. I don't like their sex anime and I don't find it arousing at all. However, I do not think it should be banned. I don't like lots of things. I don't like gangsta rap and I don't like Grand Theft Auto, and it's beyond me why any parent would allow their children to play such a game, or why any sane adult would find the simulated beating and rape of a prostitute "fun". However, the games and media themselves do not cause the problems. They are just a symptom of a society that has become so sick that such things are seen as "fun". Banning anything just because I don't like it or because someone else doesn't like it, is stupid. It's pretending to be in control of the situation when in fact ignoring the real problem in favor of a stop-gap solution that makes people feel like things are being taken care of.

If you're a guy, though, and you're playing a rape simulator game, or taking great joy in beating a prostitute to death in a video game, or getting off on drawings of children being molested by aliens, I do think that maybe you should take a hard look at yourself and ask yourself why you think something like that is appropriate. And I don't count the banning of child porn in my above statement, as the creation of child porn is itself the perpetration of an actual crime. But really, yeah, there are worse things going on out there that should be addressed before we ban cartoon porn, sure enough.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 11659
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Greisen-Zatsepin-Kuzmin

PostWed Dec 15, 2010 5:35 pm » by -Marduk-


well Urotsukidoji has a damn good fuckin story....u should watch sis canary.
Image
______________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 5291
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:59 am

PostWed Dec 15, 2010 7:35 pm » by Constabul


daemonfoe wrote:
Ok so if someone is just drawing images of underage girls performing sexual acts or getting raped/murdered it's ok?

I never said that, in fact what i said was this, in context to your first reply.
But this is not about child porn < which is indeed wrong> This about hentai cartoon drawing..Is there certain aspects / genres of hentai that are not as acceptable as the rest, certainly, and there are indeed laws to address such infringements.


You have to draw the line somewhere. Just because you don't SEE a victim doesn't mean there is no victim here.

The Real victim is an industry being strong armed in to regulation, which opens the door to much more regulation, of anything deemed offensive. regardless of context. In the end this is not just about hentai <Which is not child porn, or just about lil girls or boys> it is about anime/manga in general..

An example. Ninja scroll, a anima, with a storyline, nothing close to hentai, does have a rape scene in the film, it is not meant as a get your rocks off moment of the film, it is however apart of the storyline. with this regulation, some nanny like parent can say, " this is promoting rape, this is hentai" and you know what, people instead of arguing, and being baited into a conversation much like this one, will capitulate.. and give in ..because people make an industry that covers many genre, out to be about rape and child porn...

I'm also not comparing drawings to child porn. I'm playing devil's advocate. If one thing is good enough to ban, then everything is good enough to ban.

Having said that, I'll say this: I'm not a fan of banning anything. IMO nothing should be banned. Banning anything for any reason is a feeble attempt at control.


You didn't say as much in your first reply, your first replay, and comment to follow, is about child porn,
daemonfoe wrote:would you say the same thing about child porn?

there again are laws against the drawing of such things, there are cases where individuals have been charged with child porn, for having drawing of such, going beyond that to try to ban a whole industry is absurd...

What I'm doing here is merely pointing out flaws in logic.


Not trying to insult you, but i do not think you know what logic is, you seem to function off emotion, thus your attempts to equate a whole industry <hentai> to be about rape and child porn.

What this is about is an organization, Equality Now, who, much like the peeps who tried to ban violent video games, are attacking cartoons, Verses trying to help REAL women in REAL situations of oppression and abuse.

I do enjoy a good anima movie <Ninja Scroll >or series <Black lagoon or samurai champloo>, but these are few, out there i consider vary little worth watching.That is just my opinion tho, other like Vampire hunter D, or akira, and really don't care for hentai, much like porn, i really have no want to see some dudes wang, while he is banging some lady Or the goofy faces that ensue.
Much like i have no use for a strip club, because i have better things for my money. But, just because i do not frequent or buy such things does not mean they should be banned or not exist..
Again, your argument of being a devils advocate, that this is rape and child porn, is not truly valid. In my humble opinion. when there are laws in the US, that could be just as easily enacted else where. to deal with certain genres of an industry verses banning the whole industry, they call that throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Edited to add...
sudan-woman-whipped-53-times-in-public-t38541.html
This is a REAL situation where an organization like Equality Now Should be sticking their noses
Image
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1958
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:08 pm
Location: The outlet by the light switch

PostWed Dec 15, 2010 9:50 pm » by Thebluecanary


marduk2012 wrote:well Urotsukidoji has a damn good fuckin story....u should watch sis canary.


I just googled it. The wikipedia article calls it the first of the "tentacle rape" genre. :) The synopsis I found actually does sound pretty interesting, and like there is some complex story behind it. The ones my guy friends were always so on about didn't seem to have a plot at all, though I do remember one where the schoolgirl was possessed and had to have lesbian sex every time the demon started to act up to prevent it taking her over. :) I did love Ninja Scroll, Mononoke Heme, and some of the others they showed me that weren't "hentai" per-se but had some sex in them. I'd give that Urotsukidoji at least a try if I happened upon a copy. And even if I hated it and thought it was the worst thing ever, I wouldn't advocate that it be banned or censored.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2182
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:21 pm

PostThu Dec 16, 2010 12:19 am » by Daemonfoe


constabul wrote:
daemonfoe wrote:
Ok so if someone is just drawing images of underage girls performing sexual acts or getting raped/murdered it's ok?

I never said that, in fact what i said was this, in context to your first reply.
But this is not about child porn < which is indeed wrong> This about hentai cartoon drawing..Is there certain aspects / genres of hentai that are not as acceptable as the rest, certainly, and there are indeed laws to address such infringements.


You have to draw the line somewhere. Just because you don't SEE a victim doesn't mean there is no victim here.

The Real victim is an industry being strong armed in to regulation, which opens the door to much more regulation, of anything deemed offensive. regardless of context. In the end this is not just about hentai <Which is not child porn, or just about lil girls or boys> it is about anime/manga in general..

An example. Ninja scroll, a anima, with a storyline, nothing close to hentai, does have a rape scene in the film, it is not meant as a get your rocks off moment of the film, it is however apart of the storyline. with this regulation, some nanny like parent can say, " this is promoting rape, this is hentai" and you know what, people instead of arguing, and being baited into a conversation much like this one, will capitulate.. and give in ..because people make an industry that covers many genre, out to be about rape and child porn...

I'm also not comparing drawings to child porn. I'm playing devil's advocate. If one thing is good enough to ban, then everything is good enough to ban.

Having said that, I'll say this: I'm not a fan of banning anything. IMO nothing should be banned. Banning anything for any reason is a feeble attempt at control.


You didn't say as much in your first reply, your first replay, and comment to follow, is about child porn,
daemonfoe wrote:would you say the same thing about child porn?

there again are laws against the drawing of such things, there are cases where individuals have been charged with child porn, for having drawing of such, going beyond that to try to ban a whole industry is absurd...

What I'm doing here is merely pointing out flaws in logic.


Not trying to insult you, but i do not think you know what logic is, you seem to function off emotion, thus your attempts to equate a whole industry <hentai> to be about rape and child porn.

What this is about is an organization, Equality Now, who, much like the peeps who tried to ban violent video games, are attacking cartoons, Verses trying to help REAL women in REAL situations of oppression and abuse.

I do enjoy a good anima movie <Ninja Scroll >or series <Black lagoon or samurai champloo>, but these are few, out there i consider vary little worth watching.That is just my opinion tho, other like Vampire hunter D, or akira, and really don't care for hentai, much like porn, i really have no want to see some dudes wang, while he is banging some lady Or the goofy faces that ensue.
Much like i have no use for a strip club, because i have better things for my money. But, just because i do not frequent or buy such things does not mean they should be banned or not exist..
Again, your argument of being a devils advocate, that this is rape and child porn, is not truly valid. In my humble opinion. when there are laws in the US, that could be just as easily enacted else where. to deal with certain genres of an industry verses banning the whole industry, they call that throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Edited to add...
sudan-woman-whipped-53-times-in-public-t38541.html
This is a REAL situation where an organization like Equality Now Should be sticking their noses


My point is merely to compare opinions on something that most people would agree should be banned. Don't take this as an argument against your point or an attempt to point out flaws in YOUR logic in particular.

We face a problem in society today where everything is being banned as if it's going to cure the problems somehow. But on the other hand, if we don't ban some things, it seems as if we're turning a blind eye or perpetuating the problems that in reality are only symptoms.

Personally I'd like to end the life of people who do nasty things instead of banning what they do, but will that really help? It certainly would be gratifying to say the least. Banning them would not solve the issue, punishing them would not solve the issue. The problems lie deeper, as you have said.

Also, perhaps people don't realize the difference between hentai and gore porn. Initially in this discussion I was assuming the subject was gore porn as I can't really see any reasoning behind banning simple hentai.

All in all, I was agreeing with you the whole time, but the question I posed insinuated opposition.
The two choices we have are something starting from nothing, or something existing infinitely. These are both paradoxes. The existence of everything is therefore a paradox. -daemonfoe

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 838
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:41 pm

PostThu Dec 16, 2010 12:44 am » by Bandanko


You all arguing about the same thing from different angles here?

Child porn <whether drawn or real> = Bad in everyway
Drawings of really non realistic "women" getting banged by a clearly non realsitic creature = bit weird but K I can roll with that...

Conspirator
Posts: 6364
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:57 pm

PostThu Dec 16, 2010 2:47 am » by Zer0


bandanko wrote:You all arguing about the same thing from different angles here?

Child porn <whether drawn or real> = Bad in everyway
Drawings of really non realistic "women" getting banged by a clearly non realsitic creature = bit weird but K I can roll with that...


Yeah I mean its not like we are ever going to turn into tentacles monster/dragons and start raping people... know what I am saying?
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 838
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:41 pm

PostThu Dec 16, 2010 6:33 pm » by Bandanko


I do mate, its mad that a drawing, an unrealistic drawing at that, could be censored...

Conspirator
Posts: 6364
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:57 pm

PostThu Dec 16, 2010 9:02 pm » by Zer0


bandanko wrote:I do mate, its mad that a drawing, an unrealistic drawing at that, could be censored...


THOSE BASTARDS ARE GONNA END UP KILLING ME ONE DAY!
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Conspirator
Posts: 6364
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:57 pm

PostSun Dec 19, 2010 6:19 pm » by Zer0


BUMP!!

C`mon folks this could change life on earth as we know it!

What will all those million of nerd who spend their weekends watching Sailor Moon do for fun now? Surely they will become angry and proceed to destroy Earth.

What will happen to the pedophiles who where using hentai as outlet? Well there is always real child pornography but it is still @#$%ed up!

What will happen to all those hentai artist who made money off this market? The unemployment rate will exponentially increase, thus creating a world wide recession.

Its going to get real tough folks! And it is because of people who refuse to look at the issues.
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook