Top Professor Proposes Cannabis Smoking License

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 14, 2010 1:45 pm » by Thruster

Top professor proposes cannabis smoking licence.

Professor Roger Pertwee, of the University of Aberdeen, said making cannabis as available as alcohol would prevent drug-related crime and reduce the chances of people being introduced to harder narcotics.

However, the expert - who pioneered early research on the effects of cannabis in the 1960s and 1970s - cautioned that it might be necessary to prevent vulnerable individuals obtaining the drug.

He said: "You'd need to have a minimum age of 21, and I would suggest you might even have to have a licence You have a car licence and a dog licence; why not a cannabis licence?"

The idea would mean only those not suffering from a serious mental illness or at risk of psychosis would be legally allowed to buy the drug.

Research has shown an association between smoking cannabis and a greater chance of some individuals developing schizophrenia.

Prof Pertwee said cannabis appeared to increase the risk of psychosis in people already predisposed to the illness because of their genes or traumatic childhood.

He called for a greater debate on the recreational use of cannabis, and said in principle he was in favour of legalisation, if the right framework could be found.

"We need to explore all the various options. At the moment cannabis is in the hands of the criminals, and I think it's crazy. We're allowed to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes. Cannabis, if it's handled properly, I think is no more dangerous than that."

He pointed out that currently anyone wanting to take cannabis was forced to grow it illegally or buy it from illegal dealers. The drug was supplied with no indication of what it contained, or what might have been added to it.

People also tended to smoke cannabis in groups, which increased the likelihood of psychological dependency. Licensed suppliers of the drug would also be less likely to provide a "gateway" to harder, more dangerous drugs.

Prof Pertwee added: "I think this could be the way forward, but it might not work. It depends on a private company being willing to produce a branded product."

Prof Pertwee is speaking at the British Festival of Science at Aston University, Birmingham, this week.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/197279-top- ... g-licence/

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 14, 2010 2:14 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

The dude is right!

Do you know that over 100 years ago cannabis was able to buy in drug stores to have cured kids with pertussis? See http://www.hanfparade.de/zum-thema-hanf ... dizin.html

Nota bene: legalizing cannabis does not mean keeping no attention at using it! Temperance is always important!
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 16, 2010 1:57 pm » by Raphael

Top professor proposes cannabis smoking licence.

Research has shown an association between smoking cannabis and a greater chance of some individuals developing schizophrenia.

translation please?

ahh yes it is true...folks go to the dark side... :lol:
It 'opens' the mind by causing many users to become more introspective.

:nails: no wonder some users of WEEd become paranoid.
there is some scary shit hiding on the inside of many sheeple.

so let those folks who cannot handle going inside themselves....
let them drink booze, and kill their fucking pain that way, they can go to church too. :flop:

Why do they want to fucking control what I put into my tEMpLE?
Why do they allow me poison but WEEd is only offered to ME if I am dying, to help with nausea, pain and appetite?

WTF
:bang;

its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
selfish-genes-memes-temes-its-a-mad-mad-mad-mad-world-t31414.html

not much has changed in 7000 years. :flop:
I have proof...found on this plate.

namaste
ImageImage

Swasti-KEY to Universal MovEMEnt to the ocean of E motion

Initiate

PostThu Sep 16, 2010 2:39 pm » by Minihaha

I think anyone should be allowed to grow up to five mature plants per adult no questions asked. If you are good at cultivating it (most aren't) then you should be able to apply for a growing licence, this would mean that a small portion of your product would need to be analised for impurities (mites, fungus, etc.) If your product is good, you could sell it government for distribution or maybe people could buy permits to sell it. Permit for selling $100.00 dollars a year, if you are caught selling without a permit you get fined. The thing is, government can't take over the cultivation of marijuana because there products are not grown in a loving and nurturing environment and when it's not loved it doesn't grow well. Our Canadian government grew plants which looked like all stem and a few button buds. My friend who has MS showed me pictures of government crop compared to pictures of plants his wife grew and it makes a big difference.

Conspirator

PostThu Sep 16, 2010 3:03 pm » by Raphael

minihaha wrote: The thing is, government can't take over the cultivation of marijuana because there products are not grown in a loving and nurturing environment and when it's not loved it doesn't grow well. Our Canadian government grew plants which looked like all stem and a few button buds. My friend who has MS showed me pictures of government crop compared to pictures of plants his wife grew and it makes a big difference.

the book Celestine Prophecy went there.
what you put in is what you get out.

folks can raise their kids one on one or give them to the government day cares, run by low paying folks who sez, often I don't care, kids are a labour of love, they were not my labor, these kids are not mine, what time is it, we charge extra past 5...
blah blah

same thing I think?
does not matter what is being tended too?

kids or weed, or even veggies, it often depends what you put into it.
And that IT is the secret miSSing ingredient, that cannot be measured by today's IT, OR even put into a formula sold by grEEn and roSS?

'IT' cannot be measured in empirical terms.
yet?

namaste
ImageImage

Initiate

PostThu Sep 16, 2010 11:26 pm » by Memccool

great post
Hi, how are you today? Would u like a tall glass of SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!!

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 19, 2010 1:56 pm » by Chrisfryfyi

i would be the first person to apply for one fuckin hell yer!

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 19, 2010 2:17 pm » by Aragajag

Screw licensing I am an adult and can destroy myself or make myself as I see or dont see fit. Garden vegies can destroy you to if you mistake their content and usage.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 19, 2010 2:46 pm » by Raphael

aragajag wrote:Screw licensing I am an adult and can destroy myself or make myself as I see or dont see fit. Garden vegies can destroy you to if you mistake their content and usage.

mainstream tv and radio is proof of that :flop:

we are told and sold what to eat and READ? :flop:

eat this :top:
read this :top:
watch this :top:
btw
have you done your tour of duty yet? :bang;
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 19, 2010 3:00 pm » by Aragajag

A tour of duty can come in many different forms, yes I am still here and will be kicking and screaming till the end.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson