Topic: My Journey Into The Orthodox Church

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 5:34 am » by Harbin

A converts story about his evolution into the Church.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 7:02 am » by Iwanci

evolution? doubt that.. when someone goes into any religion they immediately 'de-volve'... symptoms:

closing of the mind
closing of the eyes
closing of the brain
closing of tolerance
closing of sexuality
closing of the ears
closing of ............ many other attributes

I doubt that with so many closings one can evolve into anything more that a drone, puppet.. etc
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 8:43 am » by Bleever

Iwanci wrote:evolution? doubt that.. when someone goes into any religion they immediately 'de-volve'... symptoms:

closing of the mind
closing of the eyes
closing of the brain
closing of tolerance
closing of sexuality
closing of the ears
closing of ............ many other attributes

I doubt that with so many closings one can evolve into anything more that a drone, puppet.. etc

Evolve? What makes you think we are to evolve...evolve from what???
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 24, 2012 9:29 pm » by Harbin

Perhaps "evolution" was not an appropriate term for an opening leader.

Jesus Christ.
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 8:06 am » by Iwanci

Bleever... note I state 'evolve, doubt that' .. so what are you on about? I am not suggesting we are to evolve, I am disputing the premise of evolution as stated in the vid.

Now, my belief is that we WILL in fact evolve, into what exactly I do not know, but I do know that animals and humans and any living organism evolves according to its environment, as we alter our environment or as the environment changes, we too will change in order to survive, we must adapt physically and mentally.. I guess the change in itself is evolution.
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Writer

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 8:22 am » by Sublim3Ch[I]ld

An Interesting subject. I believe, that we do evolve along with everything else, and find it interesting what I read in this article sometime ago. Someone trying to explain how we're to evolve in the centuries to come. He stated that everything is becoming automated these days and we are using technology such as computers daily. His guesstimate, if you will, is that our muscles and bones will start to grow really frail and small, and our brain will continue increasing in size because of the amount of information that our brains receive now on a daily basis. What I found interesting is that is a heavy resemblance to yours truly -- WAIT FOR IT --