الله يساعدنا

Conspirator

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 2:06 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Pork DNA found in Halal jail food

The Prison Service has launched an urgent investigation after it was found that a number of Halal meat pies and pasties supplied to jails contained traces of pork DNA.

The Ministry of Justice said it was suspending one of the suppliers of meat to prisons after it discovered that the foodstuffs, sourced from a properly Halal certificated supplier, may contain traces of non-Halal meat.

The products concerned have been withdrawn immediately, a Ministry of Justice spokesman said.

He added: "All prisons have been informed about this very regrettable incident and we reported this issue to the Food Standards Agency immediately. We are taking immediate steps to suspend the contract with the relevant sub-contractor."

Justice minister Jeremy Wright said: "This is an absolutely unacceptable situation, and one which we regret greatly. Clearly this must be distressing for those affected and they can be reassured we are doing everything we can to resolve the situation. The Prison Service is investigating this as a matter of urgency."

A Food Standards Agency (FSA) spokeswoman said: "The FSA has been informed that a number of meat pies and pasties supplied to UK prisons, which were labelled and served as Halal, contained traces of pork DNA. The local authority is investigating how this contamination came about and whether these products have been distributed further across the UK."

This related to the local authority where the supplier is based, she said. She declined to say which authority it was.

On a more general theme relating to recent stories about mis-description of food, the FSA spokeswoman said: "People have a right to expect that the food they are eating is correctly described. We have called an urgent meeting of major retailers and suppliers on Monday to ensure that everyone is fully aware of their responsibilities. It is the responsibility of food businesses to ensure the food they sell contains what it says on the label. We are considering, with relevant local authorities, whether legal action is appropriate following the investigation."

Islamic law forbids the consumption of pork.

Food and Farming Minister David Heath said: "People have a right to expect that the food they are eating is correctly described. I have made it clear that I want an urgent meeting with major retailers and suppliers first thing next week to get to the bottom of this completely unacceptable situation."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/prisons-meat-s ... ml#9tBhmPy
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 2:23 am » by Rizze

http://ufomaniacs.blogspot.com/
http://tiny.cc/Rizzesearch
"The greatest things on earth are us,supposedly.
Why don't we act accordingly, with humanity" Rizze

Conspirator

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 2:26 am » by One-23

I remember one Sunday morning not long after the tornado we had in brum, Walking down Stoney lane. Must of been about 6:30am on my way to a car boot sale at the wholesale markets. What did I see, A lone Asian gentleman with a large net on derelict ground ( the type of net you would use for snaring large fish ) catching Pigeons by the dozen :vomit: . Without any guess work, you know what they where being passed off as.
Never did eat anything from the Balti Triangle after that.

Upload to Disclose.tv

WELCOME TO THE D.D.C
DTV Doomtards Club

Conspirator

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 5:01 am » by Akashicrebel

One-23 wrote:I remember one Sunday morning not long after the tornado we had in brum, Walking down Stoney lane. Must of been about 6:30am on my way to a car boot sale at the wholesale markets. What did I see, A lone Asian gentleman with a large net on derelict ground ( the type of net you would use for snaring large fish ) catching Pigeons by the dozen :vomit: . Without any guess work, you know what they where being passed off as.
Never did eat anything from the Balti Triangle after that.

A real success can be achieved only if you help everybody else to fail.
........................................Image

Conspirator

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 5:29 am » by Kinninigan

Rizze wrote:Image

:alien51: :alien51: :alien51:
It was written in prophecy that a Gelfling would end Skeksis rule...
https://www.youtube.com/user/kinninigan

Initiate

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 7:11 am » by theclarificator3

Fatdogmendoza wrote:

Islamic law forbids the consumption of pork.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/prisons-meat-s ... ml#9tBhmPy

Its annoying to try to understand something that looks absurd and illogical when the news didn't start with that sentence. Reporters: Don't assume Islam is a fact or the universal religion. Thanks.

Conspirator

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 8:29 am » by Iwanci

What???? Prisoners are being fed actual meat? FFS,,, next thing you know they will be allowed to watch TV, surf the net, study for a degree, and excercise all day and all for free... god, when they come out they may actually have a better chance at life than the rest of us.... :alien51:

Honestly folks... what ever happened to prison being a punishment?

I agree, some people do not deserve to be in prison... their crime was either not severe enough for them to be in there, or there crime was so severe that they should not be in there... they should have been shot.

Talk about racisim... poor porks.. fancy the halalians not liking them....
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Initiate

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 9:54 am » by Shendao

Iwanci wrote:Talk about racisim... poor porks.. fancy the halalians not liking them....

It's interesting that horse meat is eaten extensively across Europe (and elsewhere) yet the good old British kicked up a right fuss when they found horse DNA in their burgers. Fancy the British not liking them :wink:

As for pigeons, they are just as much part of the table in British country living as pheasant or quail. You should try Monkjack, a small deer regarded as vermin in the UK and often killed at the roadside by trucks. A very tasty meat. Goat is eaten by many people yet when I offered my mates goat burgers they nearly threw up.

One mans meat.... eh?
You are an immortal being, so stop freaking out about losing another body!

Super Moderator

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 am » by Slith

All you can do is laugh. :alien51:

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Conspirator

PostSat Feb 02, 2013 2:52 pm » by Iwanci

I agree shendao... just because we are not used to a food type does not make it bad.. to each their own..

I remember days approx 35 years ago when we would pick and eat mussels from rocks in the sea, the Australian passer-by's would look at us in disgust and some would even abuse us.. "how can you eat that shit?" they would say... low and behold, a few years later and mussel farms are everywhere and we readily eat them..

Just goes to show, its all about custom and what you get used to...
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Next

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook