Toynbee Idea in Movie 2001 Resurrect the Dead on Jupiter

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 2:05 pm » by Spock

Synopsis from Wikipedia

The Toynbee tiles (also called Toynbee plaques) are messages of mysterious origin found embedded in asphalt of streets in about two dozen major cities in the United States and four South American capitals.[1][2] Since the 1980s, several hundred tiles have been discovered. They are generally about the size of an American license plate (roughly 30 cm by 15 cm), but sometimes considerably larger. They contain some variation on the following inscription:

TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER.

Some of the more elaborate tiles also feature cryptic political statements or exhort readers to create and install similar tiles of their own. The material used for making the tiles was long a mystery, but evidence has emerged that they may be primarily made of layers of linoleum and asphalt crack-filling compound.

Articles about the tiles began appearing in the mid-1990s, though references may have started to appear in the mid-1980s.

Interpretation

People and things referred to "Toynbee" may refer to historian Arnold J. Toynbee[citation needed] or Ray Bradbury's short story "The Toynbee Convector".[9] "Kubrick's 2001" is thought to refer to 2001: A Space Odyssey, co-written and directed by filmmaker Stanley Kubrick.

The majority of tiles contain text similar to that above, although a second set is often found nearby. Several of these allude to a mass conspiracy between the press (including newspaper magnate John S. Knight of Knight-Ridder), the U.S. government, the USSR (even in tiles seemingly made years after the Soviet Union's dissolution), and Jews.[citation needed] The writing is of a similar style and poor quality.
A tile that used to be located in Santiago de Chile mentions a street address in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: 2624 S. 7th Philadelphia, PA. The current occupants of the house know nothing about the tiles and are annoyed by people who ask.[10]
Toynbee-tile enthusiasts believe that a native Philadelphian created the Toynbee tiles because of the large number that appear in the city, their apparent age, the variety of carving styles, the presence of the "tile creator's screed" (see below), and the Philadelphia address on the Santiago tile.

Read More at LINK

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 4:37 pm » by Spock

Nobody ever heard of this?

I'm halfway through the documentary on NetFlix and it is fascinating. At this point it does appear to be the work of someone that is really paranoid and psychotic, however, the effort behind it seems to be coordinated, even though the plaques themselves appear to be the work of just one man.

Crazy stuff indeed. In a way reminds me of the Georgia Guidestone mystery.

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 4:48 pm » by Spock

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 4:52 pm » by Seahawk

Lol.

Looks like something that I would like to watch. You say it's on Netflix? Good. Never heard of it. Looks interesting. Thanks. :flop:

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 4:59 pm » by Spock

Yes it is. It's under new releases, called:

Resurrect Dead: Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles.

Initiate

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 5:04 pm » by Edgar 2.0

That's the reason why the Pyramids were built.
On a much much larger scale, of course. Only to make people wonder how and why the fuck they did it...For fun.

Sometimes i really think that's the reason.

Super Moderator

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 5:07 pm » by Spock

Initiate

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 5:30 pm » by Edgar 2.0

Spock wrote:Image

Lol... :mrgreen:

No really, i used to make fake antiquities (pieces of brass or whatever else metal for example, stylistically similar to some historical period in art, chemically processed to look really that old...) just for shit and giggles. And then i presented them to my friends, some of them uni professors or antique dealers. You wouldn't believe how many of them fell for it :D

So, yeah...perhaps some guy in Philly decided to do the same. Could be the case...

Initiate

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 6:04 pm » by Willynumbnuts

Could have been the ghost of Dr. Bronner - but he used bottles and made money.......

He didn't use roads either...........or lino tiles........but he was definately on the far side of Jupiter! :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emanuel_Bronner

However odd or unorthodox his behavior or his theories, though, Emanuel H. Bronner’s product was a hit with the west coast counterculture, who became his best customers and sustained the business for decades. Blind for the last 20 years of his life, he remained first and always a subversive, a true believer in absolute freedom who embraced the work of Thomas Paine, made friends with Black Panther Eldridge Cleaver, advocated for hemp and organic farming, and was so rabidly anti-communist he put Nixon to shame. His “all-one” philosophy was a Universalist doctrine of mutual peace, respect and ecological harmony, based on the central tenet that we are all children of the same divine source.

http://bigjimindustries.com/wordpress/index.php/category/los-angeles/page/4/
:cheers:

A very, very interesting character. (IMAO).
"When you do something to help the world like.....like i wrote a book on how to cure eyesight,"
Oreocannon

Conspirator

PostFri Sep 21, 2012 12:46 am » by Icarus1

its a great doc man , i had it up on here about a year ago but im fucked if i can find it , were any posts deleted when we upgraded to mark 2 ?
We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

Next