Trayvon Shooter 'Would Hand Himself In'

Conspirator

PostTue Apr 03, 2012 12:49 am » by Flecktarn

A neighbourhood watch volunteer who shot dead unarmed Florida teenager Trayvon Martin will turn himself in to authorities if charged over the killing, his lawyer has said.
George Zimmerman insists he acted in self-defence after being attacked by the 17-year-old in a gated community outside Orlando on February 26.
He was taken into custody immediately after the shooting but was never formally arrested or charged with any offence.
Defence lawyer Craig Sonner said: "However it goes, he's not hiding from the authorities. If he is asked, he will turn himself in. There's not going to be a manhunt or anything like that.
"We're preparing for trial. We've done all we can except ask for discovery (evidence-sharing) from the state, which is not available to us yet."
Trayvon was walking from a convenience store to his father's home in Sanford when Mr Zimmerman phoned 911 to report that the black youngster, who was wearing a hoodie, looked suspicious.
Despite being told by a police dispatcher not to follow the teenager, Mr Zimmerman left his vehicle to go after him.
Trayvon was speaking by phone to his girlfriend as he walked and told her he was scared because someone was following him.
The killing of the teenager has sparked protests across the US and "soul-searching" - as it was termed by President Barack Obama - on race, guns, and Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" self-defence laws.
Mr Zimmerman's relatives and lawyers have said in interviews he has been unfairly vilified, that he feared for his life during his altercation with Trayvon and was justified in using deadly force.Sky News
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 8:54 pm » by Poooooot

Well he's finally being charged. Let's see if he actually follows through.

Scumbag. :hell:
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 8:56 pm » by Rydher

What makes you say he was a scumbag, pooot?

Writer

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 8:59 pm » by Epipsyche

Always remember:

"Justice is incidental to law and order."
-J. Edgar Hoover

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 9:14 pm » by Poooooot

rydher wrote:What makes you say he was a scumbag, pooot?

I'm not even going to get in to it with you. I know exactly where it would head and I don't feel like arguing nonsensically for no reason. I'll just say this: A man with a gun, stalking an unarmed teenager down the street, confronting him for being in the neighborhood in which his father lives, and then shoots him. He felt "threatened." yeah, okay. A skinny little teenager with some candy is dangerous to a large man with a gun? Please. :roll:
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Initiate

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 9:24 pm » by Warrito

how about a puck from miami?

Super Moderator

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 9:31 pm » by Slith

warrito wrote:how about a puck from miami?

??? :headscratch:

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 9:37 pm » by Rydher

pooot, might I suggest you read up on the story. You are basing your reaction off what the media first reported on. Which was wrong, admitted by the very media that reported it.

Initiate

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 9:38 pm » by Warrito

sorry,i meant PUNK

Conspirator

PostWed Apr 11, 2012 9:39 pm » by Poooooot

rydher wrote:pooot, might I suggest you read up on the story. You are basing your reaction off what the media first reported on. Which was wrong, admitted by the very media that reported it.

I assume you are talking about the edited 911 tapes. Or some "eyewitness reports" that turned out to be false... Either way, I've been following it very closely from day 1. For reasons that I will not disclose here, this story is very close to my heart.

There is no point trying to talk about it rationally with you, though.

ETA: I find it annoying that you are constantly assuming that I'm just some dumb broad that believes whatever the media tells her and is some mindless consumer.
Matthew 7

Next