Troll2rocks - Take Shelter - Movie Review - The End is Nigh.

Super Moderator

PostSat Jan 28, 2012 11:21 pm » by Troll2rocks

TAKE SHELTER

Upload to Disclose.tv

A powerhouse performance by Michael Shannon, you may know him from such things as Boardwalk Empire, and the upcoming Man of Steel (he plays Zod).

Michael Shannon plays a man who undergoes a dramatic and excruciating change in his personality as he is witness to visions that only he is able to see. The visions he sees foretell the end of the world and the mother of all storms, but is everything as it seems, is he just suffering from mental psychosis ?, well that would be telling. This is a character driven story that has some of the best performances seen in a long while, especially from Shannon. Make no mistake this movie will resonate with many on here, in fact I would wager that many on here will find a deep personal meaning to this film, some on here may well see it as a literal interpretation of their own existence (mentioning no names) you know who you are.

I highly recommend Take Shelter, to anyone who is not afraid to let a deep and meaningful story unfold, without the need for guns and explosions every 5 seconds with speed ramping editing like 300.

Take Shelter is a film for the very people that visit this website, it is a film that will speak to you all on a personal level.

This film is all about getting to the ending, via some seriously impressive and heartbreaking acting. Will you be able to call the ending ? Possibly, possibly not. Who can say, why don't you go find out, because it is very fucking good. :flop:

I give it nine vaginas out of ten.

:cheers:
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 28, 2012 11:38 pm » by Fatbastard

2020vision wrote:Brain training by the looks of it, however, it may be a work of art too depending on yer stance. Thanks anyway.

Nothing wrong with a bit of "Brain Training." Eh, 2020 Vision?
"Senator. I am not now, nor have I ever been, an oil trader, and neither has anyone on my behalf. I have never seen a barrel of oil, owned one, bought one, sold one, and neither has anyone on my behalf."

Initiate

PostSat Jan 28, 2012 11:44 pm » by Debunkerace

Another rotten hollywood green screen brainwasher for the mindless sheeple to make them even more mindless. :badair:
Face what you think you believe and you will be surprised.

Super Moderator

PostSat Jan 28, 2012 11:52 pm » by Troll2rocks

debunkerace wrote:Another rotten hollywood green screen brainwasher for the mindless sheeple to make them even more mindless. :badair:

No, not really.

For all those who think they know what this is, they are probably wrong.

Remember that scene in Close Encounters with the mash potatoes ?, that is a good place to start if your thinking what this is like. I doubt it will disappoint anyone, so long as they are open to a good story.

This is not a Hollywood movie by the way, it was made independently, and bought by Sony Screen Gems, and released as bought, and its good. Give it a try. Can it be any worse than Apollo 18 or Transformers 3 ?. No.

Its excellent.

Initiate

PostSun Jan 29, 2012 12:03 am » by Debunkerace

You are only fooling yourself.

Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc was founded in 1987 as Columbia Pictures Entertainment, Inc. renamed Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc. on August 7, 1991

On September 28, 1989, Sony Corporation obtained an option to purchase all of The Coca-Cola Company's stake (49%) in Columbia Pictures Entertainment, Inc.

Independantly my ass.

Hollywood is just a term meaning the entire movie (propaganda) industry.

And the fact that you mention Close encounters of the third kind is very telling to me, because it played a major roll in the brainwashing regarding UFO's.
Face what you think you believe and you will be surprised.

Super Moderator

PostSun Jan 29, 2012 12:49 am » by Troll2rocks

debunkerace wrote:You are only fooling yourself.

Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc was founded in 1987 as Columbia Pictures Entertainment, Inc. renamed Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc. on August 7, 1991

On September 28, 1989, Sony Corporation obtained an option to purchase all of The Coca-Cola Company's stake (49%) in Columbia Pictures Entertainment, Inc.

Independantly my ass.

Hollywood is just a term meaning the entire movie (propaganda) industry.

And the fact that you mention Close encounters of the third kind is very telling to me, because it played a major roll in the brainwashing regarding UFO's.

Erm, the film was made by independent film makers, who "once complete" sold it to a studio, which is the case with all films that are not directly financed by the studios.

Initiate

PostSun Jan 29, 2012 1:14 am » by Savvymalloy

Looks good troll! Never heard of this one until now...

Watching it as we speak

:flop:
Z҉A҉L҉G҉O̚̕̚ Z҉A҉L҉G҉O̚̕̚ Z҉A҉L҉G҉O̚̕̚

H҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘Ȅ̐̑̒̚̕̚ IS C̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̚̕̚̕̚̕̚̕̚̕̚OMI҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘NG > ͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ͡҉҉

Next