Troll2rocks - THE DIVIDE - In Depth Movie Review -

Super Moderator

PostWed Mar 28, 2012 5:42 am » by Troll2rocks

Upload to Disclose.tv

From the director of Silent Hill, comes a tale about survival at the end of the world, but at what cost ?.

Michael Biehn (Terminator, The Abyss) and Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes, Rocky Balboa) take the leads, and the supporting cast is pretty much excellent, and boy do they all go on a journey.

So what is it about ? Well the title is a clue. Divides starts to form and tear apart a small group of survivors, that manage to make it into the basement of their apartment building, as the world is literally blown to pieces above them.

The Divide is a real surprise, it is the kind of film that gets little publicity or marketing, but sounds interesting for a quite night in. The surprise is, this film looks far more expensive than it is, the overall acting is superb, with Michael Biehn (James Cameron's friend) giving a possible career best performance as the slightly unhinged basement (land lord), think; The Abyss.

Milo Ventimiglia also gives a superb performance, one that I am sure will get him recognized as serious movie material if his character arc in this is anything to go by.

There is not a single bad performance in this, in fact, they are all above par for a movie with this subject matter.

This is a film full of twists and turns, there will be moments of total "whatthefuckery" (yes I invented that word just for this review)

This is a film that needs to be experienced knowing as little about it as possible.

Go in open minded, and be pleasantly surprised. This is a very good film. The acting strong, the direction fantastic, (the director has a very cinematic eye and knows how to frame a shot). The production design and make up FX are equal to many movies ten times its budget.

This is directed by Xavier Gens, of Silent Hill (the best video game movie adaptation to date, only spoiled by studio meddling) and Hitman (another game adaptation), which I have not seen but heard mixed reviews about. However, The Divide, is a great film, one of the best of the year so far, certainly the most intense, well acted, and shit stained movies of its kind, where everything just seems to fall apart, both figuratively and literally. There are some uncomfortable things in this moive, which will keep the gore hounds happy and give the twisted something to talk about the next day. Not to mention being deeply disturbing and uncomfortable in general.

Ahem....I really enjoyed it, and if you have ever wondered what it would be like to face a scenario such as the end of the world with little to no information, and a whole lot of "whatthefuckery", then The Divide is certainly one film you would want to see. Of course I am holding things back about this move in order not to spoil things for you. I think you will be pleasantly surprised if you go in as fresh as possible.

Why on earth this was not released theatrically in a non limited capacity is beyond me. Even as a hard R this could have made a fair amount of money. However, this film is a hard sell, and has some seriously adult themes running through its core, and in an age of PG13 movies developed to be family oriented franchises, this is a very refreshing change, even if it is a deeply intense and disturbing one.

8 vaginas out of 10

Upload to Disclose.tv

:cheers:
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Super Moderator

PostWed Mar 28, 2012 10:17 am » by TheDuck

Was gonna watch that today man, will definetley watch now, also, you haven't seen Hitman?

WTF lol

watch it, I've heard mixed reviews aswell but I personally thought it was a very good game adaption... I reckon you'll enjoy it :flop:
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Super Moderator

PostWed Mar 28, 2012 7:31 pm » by Troll2rocks

theduck wrote:Was gonna watch that today man, will definetley watch now, also, you haven't seen Hitman?

WTF lol

watch it, I've heard mixed reviews aswell but I personally thought it was a very good game adaption... I reckon you'll enjoy it :flop:

Yeah give it a watch, it is a good movie. :cheers:

Nope never seen it, I have it on DVD but have not got round to watching it yet, I think I may watch it tonight then, thanks man :cheers:

Super Moderator

PostThu Mar 29, 2012 11:17 am » by TheDuck

Brutally good movie dude, makes you think, nice beginning, middle and end. Don't wanna give anything away. I suppose it may not be everyone's cuppa tea, but movie lovers will appreciate it. :cheers:
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Super Moderator

PostThu Mar 29, 2012 4:53 pm » by Troll2rocks

theduck wrote:Brutally good movie dude, makes you think, nice beginning, middle and end. Don't wanna give anything away. I suppose it may not be everyone's cuppa tea, but movie lovers will appreciate it. :cheers:

Watched it, yeah it is quite good, really great action, just like the game, enjoyed i.

Thanks man :cheers:

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 29, 2012 4:57 pm » by Evildweeb

Looks like its got some mighty big ballballs to it.

Will definitely give this one a go.

(I also have Hitman and highly recommend it for a good action film though having played the game disagree with their "take" on the Hitman mythos).

8 vaginas out of 10

LoL

:clapper:

I am not a Conspiracy Theorist - I AM AN ORGANIZED CRIME INVESTIGATOR

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 3:12 pm » by Tjahzi

looks sweet :flop:

saw hitman, loved it

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 08, 2012 3:20 pm » by Zer0

wtf? is this crap like a rip off from fallout new vegas dlc called "lonesome road"?
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction