True Blood

PostFri Nov 06, 2009 5:19 am » by Tony87

I have been a major Sookie Stackhouse fan for years. I began reading Charlaine Harris's series, then called the Southern Vampire Mysteries, since before book four came out, and have read them all in order. I was puzzled when I found out that HBO was going to make a TV adaptation of it. Why this particular series? Why not Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series? (It would have been suitable, what with all of the sex and all.) There were others as well, like Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld and MaryJanice Davidson's Queen Betsy series -- all of which have the erotic tones that HBO would have loved. So why this book series? Now I know why, but more on that later.

I very much enjoyed season one. It was very faithful to Dead Until Dark, except that small characters like Tara and Lafayette were expanded, and you get everyone's point of view, not just Sookie's. Also, Bill has more depth here, and you see things from his point of view, and you understand him better. Other storylines were added, like the emphasis on "V" addiction, which makes sense. Season two has taken things to a whole other level and I love it so far.

Grey's Anatomy Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset

One Tree Hill Seasons 1-6 DVD Boxset

dvdshop88

Lost Seasons 1-5 DVD boxset

Star Trek Voyager 1-7 DVD Boxset

Star Trek The Next Generation Season 1-7 DVD Boxset

Walt Disney's 100 Years Of Magic 164 Discs DVD Boxset

Initiate

PostFri Nov 06, 2009 5:21 am » by Axeman

Man this place really went down hill since I went on leave

Super Moderator

PostFri Nov 06, 2009 5:28 am » by domdabears

Axeman wrote:Man this place really went down hill since I went on leave

Its all your fault. you shouldn't have left.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 06, 2009 5:33 am » by Mediasorcerer

tony87 wrote:I have been a major Sookie Stackhouse fan for years. I began reading Charlaine Harris's series, then called the Southern Vampire Mysteries, since before book four came out, and have read them all in order. I was puzzled when I found out that HBO was going to make a TV adaptation of it. Why this particular series? Why not Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series? (It would have been suitable, what with all of the sex and all.) There were others as well, like Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld and MaryJanice Davidson's Queen Betsy series -- all of which have the erotic tones that HBO would have loved. So why this book series? Now I know why, but more on that later.

I very much enjoyed season one. It was very faithful to Dead Until Dark, except that small characters like Tara and Lafayette were expanded, and you get everyone's point of view, not just Sookie's. Also, Bill has more depth here, and you see things from his point of view, and you understand him better. Other storylines were added, like the emphasis on "V" addiction, which makes sense. Season two has taken things to a whole other level and I love it so far.

dvdshop88

get this shit off here,please,this is disgusting,im not here to buy dvds on f%$^#@khead tv shows,this guy needs to get out of here,moderators PLEASE GET THIS BLATANT ADVERTISING CRAP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit:
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Conspirator

PostFri Nov 06, 2009 5:39 am » by Lucidlemondrop

mediasorcerer wrote:
tony87 wrote:I have been a major Sookie Stackhouse fan for years. I began reading Charlaine Harris's series, then called the Southern Vampire Mysteries, since before book four came out, and have read them all in order. I was puzzled when I found out that HBO was going to make a TV adaptation of it. Why this particular series? Why not Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series? (It would have been suitable, what with all of the sex and all.) There were others as well, like Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld and MaryJanice Davidson's Queen Betsy series -- all of which have the erotic tones that HBO would have loved. So why this book series? Now I know why, but more on that later.

dvdshop88

get this shit off here,please,this is disgusting,im not here to buy dvds on f%$^#@khead tv shows,this guy needs to get out of here,moderators PLEASE GET THIS BLATANT ADVERTISING CRAP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit:

Second time now.

1. No spamming

Spam includes any of the following:

1a. Advertising: Do not advertise or promote other web sites, books, products, media releases or services without express permission from a member of staff. The site is not a free advertising platform, registering an account solely for the purpose of posting promotional material will result in the suspension of your account. If you maintain a personal or other non-commercial web site you may place a link to it in your profile signature block.

topic19.html
What a long strange trip it's been..............