TV presenter tells people to report trolls to police.

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 18, 2012 11:36 pm » by Eliakim

BBC Radio 5 live presenter Richard Bacon has revealed that he has suffered two years of anonymous abuse directed at him, his wife and his baby son.

Bacon has complained to the police, and tried to track down his abuser for a BBC Three documentary on abusive "trolls": The Anti-Social Network.

He said he wanted to know how criticism of his work "could go to contacting my family and tweeting about my baby".

He said it was time to stand up to trolls and highlight internet bullying.

"You have got to try and work out where critical comment crosses over into harassment," he said.

"Under freedom of speech people can criticise you and slag you off, it's their right to do that."

But he added that it can become "deeply personal, obsessive and weird."

Bacon, 36, said the line had been crossed when criticism about his radio show turned into abuse about his wife, his mother and five-month-old son Arthur.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17420760

Initiate

PostMon Mar 19, 2012 12:07 am » by Anrk0207

the guy is a tosser ,but hey not nice when his family is being attacked

Conspirator

PostMon Mar 19, 2012 1:27 am » by Flecktarn

the same upstanding guy who got sacked from kids tv for being a doper ,he didn't want anything reported then
ImageImage

Conspirator

PostMon Mar 19, 2012 1:29 am » by Fatdogmendoza

eliakim wrote:BBC Radio 5 live presenter Richard Bacon has revealed that he has suffered two years of anonymous abuse directed at him, his wife and his baby son.

Bacon has complained to the police, and tried to track down his abuser for a BBC Three documentary on abusive "trolls": The Anti-Social Network.

He said he wanted to know how criticism of his work "could go to contacting my family and tweeting about my baby".

He said it was time to stand up to trolls and highlight internet bullying.

"You have got to try and work out where critical comment crosses over into harassment," he said.

"Under freedom of speech people can criticise you and slag you off, it's their right to do that."

But he added that it can become "deeply personal, obsessive and weird."

Bacon, 36, said the line had been crossed when criticism about his radio show turned into abuse about his wife, his mother and five-month-old son Arthur.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17420760

You better watch out, You better beware...

Super Moderator

PostMon Mar 19, 2012 2:14 am » by Slith

No Jesus or quotes from the big book Eli. You have cut me to the quick by posting something actually relevant

Where's the love? :love:

JK, good post!

Canubis wrote:
i consume more hard liquor a night then all dtv together...

yet i am so god dam smart....and own this shit in my world..

Conspirator

PostMon Mar 19, 2012 2:46 am » by Eliakim

dlslith wrote:No Jesus or quotes from the big book Eli. You have cut me to the quick by posting something actually relevant

JK, good post!

Funny you should mention love dislith, those that require the most love rejected the love that the LORD sent and he is not happy about it.

:sunny:

Super Moderator

PostMon Mar 19, 2012 2:55 am » by TheDuck

eliakim wrote:
dlslith wrote:No Jesus or quotes from the big book Eli. You have cut me to the quick by posting something actually relevant

JK, good post!

Funny you should mention love dislith, those that require the most love rejected the love that the LORD sent and he is not happy about it.

:sunny:

Slith, you gone 'n done it now!

MFW

www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Initiate

PostMon Mar 19, 2012 4:11 am » by Tgwusauk

Trolling is the last resort of the low self esteem and is becoming a problem.
The thing that bothers me is is this trolling being deliberately done by government agents? With the sole intention to get the public reviled and they then request something must be done about it, solution and desired outcome tptb want, more control of the internet.

Initiate

PostMon Mar 19, 2012 5:22 am » by pretzellogic

2020vision -

wow, this is very sad -

Next