Two Moons August 28th?

Initiate

PostFri Jul 30, 2010 6:43 am » by Mugenroshi8

Apparently my birth month is hosting quite a few celestial events this year. You have the Cardinal Cross (7 planets aligning to form a cross) happening August 7-8th (yay, happy b-day to me!), we have some other thing happening around the 12th, someone posted it in another thread; also, there will apparently be two moons visible on August 28th.

I'm no astrologer, just passing what was passed on to me. If anyone knows more about it, feel free to hijack this thread, I just wanted to let ya'll know something cool is going on!

Super Moderator

PostFri Jul 30, 2010 6:47 am » by Troll2rocks

mugenroshi8 wrote:Apparently my birth month is hosting quite a few celestial events this year. You have the Cardinal Cross (7 planets aligning to form a cross) happening August 7-8th (yay, happy b-day to me!)

Well happy birthday then satan :hell:
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 30, 2010 6:56 am » by Allreadydead

Apparantly it's an 'Urban legend'.............. :(

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/errata/a/two-moons.htm

Initiate

PostFri Jul 30, 2010 7:26 am » by Mugenroshi8

troll2rocks wrote:Well happy birthday then

That was uncharacteristically nice of ya Troll. Thank you! I'll drop a JagerBomb in honor of your kindness for sure!

allreadydead wrote:Apparantly it's an 'Urban legend'.............. :(

Oh well, thanks for clearing that up! haha, that pic is classic, someone must've just told him about Santa!

Super Moderator

PostFri Jul 30, 2010 8:42 am » by Troll2rocks

mugenroshi8 wrote:
troll2rocks wrote:Well happy birthday then

That was uncharacteristically nice of ya Troll. Thank you! I'll drop a JagerBomb in honor of your kindness for sure!

allreadydead wrote:Apparantly it's an 'Urban legend'.............. :(

Oh well, thanks for clearing that up! haha, that pic is classic, someone must've just told him about Santa!

Or the shapeshifting lizards,

You got your reply by the way. :flop: :cheers:
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Initiate

PostSat Jul 31, 2010 10:21 am » by Mugenroshi8

troll2rocks wrote:Or the shapeshifting lizards,

You enjoy research? Why don't you search on this site how many "Reptilian" threads I've posted in. And if at all possible, please post the quotes. May I save you time out of your life? I remember posting in....one thread, over a year ago. And I believe my comment was something along the lines of..."I don't put much stock in this, but in a world of infinite possibilities I don't rule anything out. But when a six foot lizard knocks on my door, I will become a believer real fuckin' quick."

You think I humiliated you in the other thread because I'm a professional reptile hunter? No. I called you out because of your epic failure to follow the simplest of rules: Treat others as you wish to be treated.

And true to your name, me exposing your immaturity and complete intolerance of anything you don't agree with (which I will point out to you, is ABSOLUTELY NOT scientific) wasn't enough for you. You're still doing it.

If you want to slow down the flow of Reptile threads, why don't you try posting more informative posts on this site, instead of exposing your own intolerance to the information others present? Why don't you fill this site with a stream of incredible videos and intelligent inquiry's for others to discuss...give the readers something else to look at for a change.

Again, I honestly don't think you will - you're going to do what you have done since you got here - stir up trouble. Because any real action that may have a positive effect, would defeat your entire purpose. Prove me wrong. But I know you won't.

In other news, I won't be on here for a bit, there was a death in the family and I have more important things to attend to at the moment. You can either save your pointless insults for when I get back, or take all the cheap shots you want while I'm away. One thing I was reminded of today, is some things are worth the time out of one's life, and some things are not. You Troll, are not worth the time out of my life. Do as you wish with yours.

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 08, 2010 5:07 am » by sockpuppet

:banana:

The Perseids (pronounced /ˈpɜrsiː.ɨdz/) is the name of a prolific meteor shower associated with the comet Swift-Tuttle.......

The shower is visible from mid-July each year, with the peak in activity being between August 9 and 14, depending on the particular location of the stream. During the peak, the rate of meteors reaches 60 or more per hour. They can be seen all across the sky, but because of the path of Swift-Tuttle's orbit, Perseids are primarily visible in the northern hemisphere. As with all meteor showers, the rate is greatest in the pre-dawn hours, since the side of the Earth nearest to turning into the sun scoops up more meteors as the Earth moves through space. In 2009, the peak Zenithal Hourly Rate was about 120[citation needed], but fainter meteors were washed out by a waning gibbous moon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perseids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo