TYT (Cenk) Really Pushing for Gun Control

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 6271
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 8:03 am
Location: FEMA SECTOR V

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 3:31 am » by Seahawk


I've never noticed before now- what an aggressive stance he has on this issue. I understand his points about automatic assault weapons, but a lot of people won't go for that, either. They want to keep all their guns. Period.


Upload to Disclose.tv



Published on Aug 7, 2012 by TheYoungTurks

President Obama and Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney don't appear interested in pursuing gun control in the wake of mass shootings in Arizona (Giffords), Colorado (Dark Knight Rises), and Wisconsin (Sikh temple). The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down.



Upload to Disclose.tv



Published on Aug 7, 2012 by TheYoungTurks

What exactly does the Second Amendment say and what is the historical context behind it? The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down.


Upload to Disclose.tv



We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10861
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:36 am

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 3:39 am » by Lowsix


One person with a CCL, a weapon, and some basic training could/might have mitigated some, if not all of that.
And that will be the case the NRA makes, if and when the gun control push comes.

And if it does, it will NOT succeed. Romney and Obama know this.

With things coming apart, people are going crazy,
and it goes against the grain of everything it means to be an American
NOT to be able to protect yourself and your loved ones from the inevitable.

The insane, and the criminal.
And these recent examples show what insane people do.
The mind control/false flag angle is fucking nonsense, and its dangerous.
Puts the responsibility out 'there' somehwere, organized.

Insanity is not organized...or manageable.

Arm yourself, educate yourself, and be vigilant.
Image
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 6271
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 8:03 am
Location: FEMA SECTOR V

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 7:42 am » by Seahawk


I agree 100%, Low. I hate that my state doesn't allow either open or concealed, but I'm planning on moving out of Illinois at some point within the next few years. If it gets any worse, maybe sooner, then later.


_______________________________________________________________________________


He's really picked up a torch on this.


Upload to Disclose.tv


Upload to Disclose.tv



We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:36 pm

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 4:04 pm » by Domeika


The feigned outrage is part and parcel of political correctness as it relates to guns. They have no other response because reason has no place at the altar of PC and likewise common sense either.

If you find yourself in the presence of a maniac bent on robbery or worse, wholesale slaughter, you can....

A) Check your pockets and see if you have an armed police officer in there somewhere that will defend you with lethal force. If you do happen to find one, chances are you have a unicorn in your other pocket.

B) Kneel and prepare to take one to the head like a good little sheep.

C) Draw your own firearm and take the responsibility of preserving your life and the lives of those around you at the potential expense of the earth losing one valueless scumbag.

I prefer option C myself. All these people railing about gun control have some kind of perverse detatchment from reality. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a lunatic these days and to think that the police will somehow show up seconds before a massacre and save the day shows a level of reasoning that is comic book at best. Police carry weapons for their protection, not yours. If they happen to shoot a rampaging maniac then kudos to them. But for you as an individual, in 99.9% of cases, they show up with tape to mark the spot of your untimely demise. Of course they'll spend whatever tax money they need to in order to catch and convict the perpetrator, not saying they'll definately catch them, but either way you'll definately still be dead.

The call for more gun control is completely wrong, and would have a worsening affect, not a better one. These lunatics that seem to be filing out of the woodwork these days all want to be famous or infamous by going down in history for a body count, plain and simple. The ONLY deterrant is going to be when one of these nutjobs tries to pull off a massacre and 2, 3, or 20 citizens open fire on their carzy ass and leave them looking like an abused pinata. THAT might keep the next crazy home, and if not, let it happen again and again until the loon community gets it that it's not a good idea to pick a fight with a firing squad.

You can't reason with crazy, but you sure as hell can kill it.
Just my 2 cents

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 6271
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 8:03 am
Location: FEMA SECTOR V

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 6:08 pm » by Seahawk


Domeika wrote:The feigned outrage is part and parcel of political correctness as it relates to guns. They have no other response because reason has no place at the altar of PC and likewise common sense either.

If you find yourself in the presence of a maniac bent on robbery or worse, wholesale slaughter, you can....

A) Check your pockets and see if you have an armed police officer in there somewhere that will defend you with lethal force. If you do happen to find one, chances are you have a unicorn in your other pocket.

B) Kneel and prepare to take one to the head like a good little sheep.

C) Draw your own firearm and take the responsibility of preserving your life and the lives of those around you at the potential expense of the earth losing one valueless scumbag.

I prefer option C myself. All these people railing about gun control have some kind of perverse detatchment from reality. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a lunatic these days and to think that the police will somehow show up seconds before a massacre and save the day shows a level of reasoning that is comic book at best. Police carry weapons for their protection, not yours. If they happen to shoot a rampaging maniac then kudos to them. But for you as an individual, in 99.9% of cases, they show up with tape to mark the spot of your untimely demise. Of course they'll spend whatever tax money they need to in order to catch and convict the perpetrator, not saying they'll definately catch them, but either way you'll definately still be dead.

The call for more gun control is completely wrong, and would have a worsening affect, not a better one. These lunatics that seem to be filing out of the woodwork these days all want to be famous or infamous by going down in history for a body count, plain and simple. The ONLY deterrant is going to be when one of these nutjobs tries to pull off a massacre and 2, 3, or 20 citizens open fire on their carzy ass and leave them looking like an abused pinata. THAT might keep the next crazy home, and if not, let it happen again and again until the loon community gets it that it's not a good idea to pick a fight with a firing squad.

You can't reason with crazy, but you sure as hell can kill it.
Just my 2 cents




I'm with you here, Domeika, on most all points- except for maybe the first paragraph, but not just to be oppositional. It seems my intentions, or concerns in this thread were rather vague from the start. (What's wrong people, can't you read my mind yet? ; > ) ) The main problem that I have with that in this case, is that his viewpoint- in particular- doesn't sit right with me- as in it seems incongruent with his normal realm of reasoning. Coming from a person that I find myself in line with, on a good number of issues, it strikes me as a sudden fly in the ointment. In this case, I don't entirely know that his outrage is feigned, but is backed by some stronger, emotional (financial??? poitical???) connection- albeit, from my perspective, neither logical, nor reasonable- all things considered.

As I stated earlier, I can see, or understand- somewhat- his logic, or stance on automatic assault weapons- not that I entirely agree with it- but he then goes further, by almost suggesting that we don't- or shouldn't- at this point in time- even have a real right to own/ carry a gun of any kind- being without the need to be a part of a militia- assuming, because of the existence of the National Guard. (?) Or at any rate, because of a "misunderstanding" that we have, concerning the 2nd Amendment.

Him being a person that I normally agree with on a fair number of issues- not unlike a lot of us here, being like-minded on a good number of issues- I had to take a step back, and think, "wait a minute, wtf?" "this does not compute." I don't understand his suddenly diametrically opposed opinion on this- thus the title that I chose- one of surprise, more then anything.

I'm fully aware of the opposition on this issue- especially that of the msm, and that of certain political agendas- so opposition comes at no surprise to me. In this case, though, it's who it's coming from that I am at issue with, or rather, find somewhat confounding. I am fully on the side that you and Low have espoused, and agree totally.

In effect, it makes me want to reevaluate where I feel he (Cenk, thus TYT) is/ are truly coming from- the motives, the agenda.


@ Low- On the issue regarding "The mind control/false flag angle is nonsense, and its dangerous."

Not coming from an argumentative, or "I'm right" stance, I fully understand your point on this, and perhaps you're totally correct in this. I even agree with it- for the most part.

The problem, for me-with this- is the blatant gray area that is very real and existent. We know that our government has indeed participated in- planned and carried out- false flags in our recent, and not so recent history. This comes from their own admission. To what degree have they done this? That, we do not fully know. We can only surmise.

We also know that they have directed and been directly involved in all kinds of scientific experiments, regarding human mind control, and all sorts of other mind experiments on human beings. Again, this comes, by their own admission- and again, to what degree? We do not know- we can only guess.

We know that they have very extensively and deliberately used propaganda designed to control and direct our collective thoughts, actions, and even desires. Again, it is known fact. That, we do have a good idea of- extensive. We also know that they've been directly involved with , and have guided our educational system- hand in hand with their use of seemingly devious, agenda driven propaganda.

Knowing these things as fact, and knowing that most of these things continue right up to our present day, how could we possibly trust- pretty much- anything that they do at this point? Especially when it's fully obvious and out in the open, what direction we are headed in.

I say this, because, even though I fully agree that it could, in fact, be very dangerous to us all- these perhaps, false assumptions- I don't feel that the general population that considers these possibilities to be at fault for thinking such things. It almost stands to reason- their/ our consideration of these possibilities. Especially in light of all the obvious and fully known deceit, corruption and blatant agendas being put forth- not only by our potus, but being- in most cases- fully backed by our congress and senate. How could we possibly think the best, when we know the worst- or at least some very significant parts of it?

We've been awakened enough to see the reality behind our "foreign policy," and what the true agenda is. We been awakened enough to know- by fact and by supposition- what our government is capable of within our own nation. In some cases, one doesn't even have to be "awake" to see what's happening around us, but just aware.

I am guilty, myself, of sometimes putting the bait out there, the questioning and the innuendo of these possibilities. Sometimes for the "game" and fun of it, (I know, mybad, sick, and twisted) but sometimes, because I truly wonder, and question what's going on behind the scenes- that we don't know about- in light of what we do know.

I hope that I was able to fully convey my thoughts on this, relatively clearly, and without too much convolution- and without a seeming tin foil hat. I don't always find the ability to convey my thoughts adequately, but I am trying to get better at it. :flop:

Cheers, Buddy. :cheers:


Upload to Disclose.tv



We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:36 pm

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 9:22 pm » by Domeika


Seahawk100 wrote:
Domeika wrote:The feigned outrage is part and parcel of political correctness as it relates to guns. They have no other response because reason has no place at the altar of PC and likewise common sense either.

If you find yourself in the presence of a maniac bent on robbery or worse, wholesale slaughter, you can....

A) Check your pockets and see if you have an armed police officer in there somewhere that will defend you with lethal force. If you do happen to find one, chances are you have a unicorn in your other pocket.

B) Kneel and prepare to take one to the head like a good little sheep.

C) Draw your own firearm and take the responsibility of preserving your life and the lives of those around you at the potential expense of the earth losing one valueless scumbag.

I prefer option C myself. All these people railing about gun control have some kind of perverse detatchment from reality. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a lunatic these days and to think that the police will somehow show up seconds before a massacre and save the day shows a level of reasoning that is comic book at best. Police carry weapons for their protection, not yours. If they happen to shoot a rampaging maniac then kudos to them. But for you as an individual, in 99.9% of cases, they show up with tape to mark the spot of your untimely demise. Of course they'll spend whatever tax money they need to in order to catch and convict the perpetrator, not saying they'll definately catch them, but either way you'll definately still be dead.

The call for more gun control is completely wrong, and would have a worsening affect, not a better one. These lunatics that seem to be filing out of the woodwork these days all want to be famous or infamous by going down in history for a body count, plain and simple. The ONLY deterrant is going to be when one of these nutjobs tries to pull off a massacre and 2, 3, or 20 citizens open fire on their carzy ass and leave them looking like an abused pinata. THAT might keep the next crazy home, and if not, let it happen again and again until the loon community gets it that it's not a good idea to pick a fight with a firing squad.

You can't reason with crazy, but you sure as hell can kill it.
Just my 2 cents




I'm with you here, Domeika, on most all points- except for maybe the first paragraph, but not just to be oppositional. It seems my intentions, or concerns in this thread were rather vague from the start. (What's wrong people, can't you read my mind yet? ; > ) ) The main problem that I have with that in this case, is that his viewpoint- in particular- doesn't sit right with me- as in it seems incongruent with his normal realm of reasoning. Coming from a person that I find myself in line with, on a good number of issues, it strikes me as a sudden fly in the ointment. In this case, I don't entirely know that his outrage is feigned, but is backed by some stronger, emotional (financial??? poitical???) connection- albeit, from my perspective, neither logical, nor reasonable- all things considered.

As I stated earlier, I can see, or understand- somewhat- his logic, or stance on automatic assault weapons- not that I entirely agree with it- but he then goes further, by almost suggesting that we don't- or shouldn't- at this point in time- even have a real right to own/ carry a gun of any kind- being without the need to be a part of a militia- assuming, because of the existence of the National Guard. (?) Or at any rate, because of a "misunderstanding" that we have, concerning the 2nd Amendment.

Him being a person that I normally agree with on a fair number of issues- not unlike a lot of us here, being like-minded on a good number of issues- I had to take a step back, and think, "wait a minute, wtf?" "this does not compute." I don't understand his suddenly diametrically opposed opinion on this- thus the title that I chose- one of surprise, more then anything.

I'm fully aware of the opposition on this issue- especially that of the msm, and that of certain political agendas- so opposition comes at no surprise to me. In this case, though, it's who it's coming from that I am at issue with, or rather, find somewhat confounding. I am fully on the side that you and Low have espoused, and agree totally.

In effect, it makes me want to reevaluate where I feel he (Cenk, thus TYT) is/ are truly coming from- the motives, the agenda.


@ Low- On the issue regarding "The mind control/false flag angle is nonsense, and its dangerous."

Not coming from an argumentative, or "I'm right" stance, I fully understand your point on this, and perhaps you're totally correct in this. I even agree with it- for the most part.

The problem, for me-with this- is the blatant gray area that is very real and existent. We know that our government has indeed participated in- planned and carried out- false flags in our recent, and not so recent history. This comes from their own admission. To what degree have they done this? That, we do not fully know. We can only surmise.

We also know that they have directed and been directly involved in all kinds of scientific experiments, regarding human mind control, and all sorts of other mind experiments on human beings. Again, this comes, by their own admission- and again, to what degree? We do not know- we can only guess.

We know that they have very extensively and deliberately used propaganda designed to control and direct our collective thoughts, actions, and even desires. Again, it is known fact. That, we do have a good idea of- extensive. We also know that they've been directly involved with , and have guided our educational system- hand in hand with their use of seemingly devious, agenda driven propaganda.

Knowing these things as fact, and knowing that most of these things continue right up to our present day, how could we possibly trust- pretty much- anything that they do at this point? Especially when it's fully obvious and out in the open, what direction we are headed in.

I say this, because, even though I fully agree that it could, in fact, be very dangerous to us all- these perhaps, false assumptions- I don't feel that the general population that considers these possibilities to be at fault for thinking such things. It almost stands to reason- their/ our consideration of these possibilities. Especially in light of all the obvious and fully known deceit, corruption and blatant agendas being put forth- not only by our potus, but being- in most cases- fully backed by our congress and senate. How could we possibly think the best, when we know the worst- or at least some very significant parts of it?

We've been awakened enough to see the reality behind our "foreign policy," and what the true agenda is. We been awakened enough to know- by fact and by supposition- what our government is capable of within our own nation. In some cases, one doesn't even have to be "awake" to see what's happening around us, but just aware.

I am guilty, myself, of sometimes putting the bait out there, the questioning and the innuendo of these possibilities. Sometimes for the "game" and fun of it, (I know, mybad, sick, and twisted) but sometimes, because I truly wonder, and question what's going on behind the scenes- that we don't know about- in light of what we do know.

I hope that I was able to fully convey my thoughts on this, relatively clearly, and without too much convolution- and without a seeming tin foil hat. I don't always find the ability to convey my thoughts adequately, but I am trying to get better at it. :flop:

Cheers, Buddy. :cheers:


My take on it is that some are gunuine, but what they believe just ends up being talking points. They really don't have their own opinion and just take what they believe is the consensus (in their circles maybe) and run with it. The assault weapon argument is the most absurd, because they don't even know what one is and rely solely on what the weapon looks like, not how it operates. They also want to put any and all semi-automatic weapons in that category.....also absurd.

To further their argument, since they can't take away my right, and they know it, they try to erode it away inch by inch with arguments about what we/I need. Newsflash to them, they don't have the right to tell me what I need and what I don't, and I have no obligation to even respond to the argument. When people think they are the arbitors of what people need and what they don't and succeed in perverting the political system to a point where they can enforce it, it's called communism.

They also try and distort the 2nd to mean that "regulated" means constrain or oversee. It does not. It means that all citizens have the right to arm themselves with the latest technology of the time within their means without the government getting in the way. If there is a need for the people to organize a defense, they can be relied upon to bring their own weapon, and they will have that weapon becasue the government is barred from infringing upon their right to have it....to bear arms.

They'll never stop caterwalling on the issue, and as I said previously, it's going to take citizens standing up to the lunatics and cutting them down. No argument can achieve that, only actions.
:cheers:

Conspirator
Posts: 2312
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:34 pm

PostWed Aug 08, 2012 10:45 pm » by Cia212


It's simple really, police officers aren't around when crazies start shooting. And there is no way to keep guns away from a crazy person with a plan. The only option is to carry one yourself. In fact, it's the only way to meet lethal force - a bear in the woods, a lion on the Serengeti, a suicide bomber, a crazy person in a theater and a tyrannical government - they can all be stopped with a gun. It only makes sense to have one.

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:36 pm

PostThu Aug 09, 2012 1:16 pm » by Domeika


Cia212 wrote:It's simple really, police officers aren't around when crazies start shooting. And there is no way to keep guns away from a crazy person with a plan. The only option is to carry one yourself. In fact, it's the only way to meet lethal force - a bear in the woods, a lion on the Serengeti, a suicide bomber, a crazy person in a theater and a tyrannical government - they can all be stopped with a gun. It only makes sense to have one.


That's a great way to condense the argument down to basic common sense and I whole-heartedly agree.

Too bad the anti-gun crowd doesn't have any.

They'll ask why do you need to be in the woods? That's the bear's home not yours and it probably feels threatened for it's cubs, and the same with the lion, he's just hungry too, probably because poachers are killing his natual prey. And what did we do to cause someone to blow themseves up? There must be some deeper socio-political cause that would drive a person to do that (our fault too) and the shooter in the theater is really making a call for help by slaughtering people and it was probably brought on because he grew up in a house with two parents (I'm still waiting for a "study" on that one.....you know, the make up whatever we can type of study to try and say single parent homes are better).

When faced with common sense, they'll just come back with even more delusional "what ifs".

If ifs and ands were pots and pans ther'd be no need of tinkers.
:cheers:

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 8033
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:19 pm

PostThu Aug 09, 2012 1:25 pm » by Harbin


Oh yes. The gun nut answer to all gun violence:

Arm everyone. If everyone just had a CCL and CC'ed, everything would be ok.

Why not just pass an open carry for the entire country !?

Everybody goes out of the house with hip iron on. Ah what a wonderful idea !
Image
Antiwar.com

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:36 pm

PostThu Aug 09, 2012 2:00 pm » by Domeika


Harbin wrote:Oh yes. The gun nut answer to all gun violence:

Arm everyone. If everyone just had a CCL and CC'ed, everything would be ok.

Why not just pass an open carry for the entire country !?

Everybody goes out of the house with hip iron on. Ah what a wonderful idea !


How about you as an individual? Or me? If you, not some hypothetical group, but you, for no fault of your own, are put in harms way and only lethal force will save you. What then?

Whatever your beliefs are, I would never condemn you or anyone else for taking steps protect themselves. But if you don't believe in protecting yourself, why is it so important to denigrate those that do? Is a person wearing a life-jacket on a boat a life-jacket nut? Or in a car and wearing a seat-belt a seat-belt nut? Or is that reserved for this argument alone?


Next

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook