U.S. will close embassies due to al Qaeda threat

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 7:15 pm » by *WillEase*

In spite of Obama's "al Qaeda on the run" comments...

(CNN) -- A State Department travel alert Friday said al Qaeda may launch attacks in the Middle East, North Africa and beyond, as the United States is closing 21 embassies and consulates Sunday as a precaution.

"Current information suggests that al Qaeda and affiliated organizations continue to plan terrorist attacks both in the region and beyond, and that they may focus efforts to conduct attacks in the period between now and the end of August," said the alert, which covers the entire month.

It warned that "terrorists may elect to use a variety of means and weapons and target both official and private interests."

A separate State Department list showed the 21 embassies and consulates that will close on Sunday, normally the start of the work week in the countries affected.

They included embassies in Iraq, Egypt, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Yemen and 11 other countries, as well as consulates in Iraq, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

The rest of this article here:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/02/politics/ ... index.html

Initiate

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 7:21 pm » by DarkHeart

Getting a bit quiet & hard to justify budgets alphabet agency people ? :headscratch:

I would not want to be in Sharm El Sheikh right now :?

They could always take down more dangerous baby deer :nails: to justify all the hardware, http://www.wisn.com/news/armed-agents-raid-animal-shelter-for-baby-deer/-/9373668/21272108/-/wvh1n7z/-/index.html#ixzz2apZdREfY
Image #1 contre les salopries d'existence

Initiate

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 10:35 pm » by Marcydare

Ah, the creator fearing it's Frankenstein monster will turn on him...... again.

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 11:52 pm » by *WillEase*

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 03, 2013 12:08 pm » by Icarus1

fear mongering at its finest my dear boy, bravo..............
We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 03, 2013 12:19 pm » by *WillEase*

Icarus1 wrote:fear mongering at its finest my dear boy, bravo..............

Fuck off.
It's news and I am not a boy.

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 03, 2013 12:28 pm » by Icarus1

lol once again we clash, I AM NOT SAYING ITS YOU WHOS FEAR MONGERING , IM TALKING ABOUT THE MESSAGE IN GENERAL , old boy is a brit term of endearment but you obviously dont get it my hot headed frend, but as you like i shall indeed fuck off to zeeee pub and drink some fine german beer, have a good weekend sir
We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.