U2 singer Bono has been banned from UK TV

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 8:37 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

Bono's famine advert is banned from UK television for 'breaching rules on political advertising'
A campaign advert made by a organisation founded by U2 singer Bono has been banned from UK TV because it may breach political advertising rules. The short film is part of One's Hungry No More campaign which calls for governments to help tackle the causes of famine in Africa. Clearcast, which approves adverts, said it could be in breach of rules laid down by the 2003 Communications Act.

One said it was "absurd" the advert could not be shown. The minute-long film, called The F Word: Famine is the Real Obscenity, features stars including Bono, George Clooney, Colin Farrell and Sex and the City star Kristin Davis. A Clearcast spokeswoman said: "These rules ensure that adverts aren't being broadcast by bodies whose objects are wholly or mainly political.

Upload to Disclose.tv

"One appears to be caught by this rule as they state that part of their raison d'etre is to pressure political leaders. It also appears that a number of the claims made in the version of the ad that we have seen are directed towards a political end, which is again against the rules."' However Adrian Lovett, Europe director of One said the organisation was not a political party and had no political affiliation.

"We recognise the purpose of the broadcasting code is to keep political propaganda off British television," he said. "But our ad highlights the desperate plight of 750,000 people in east Africa who, the UN warns, could die before the end of the year. Unless we keep the spotlight on this crisis and the need for urgent action, those people will be forgotten. Who can object to that message? We are challenging this decision and hope the broadcasters will reconsider."

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 9:18 pm » by E6722maj

well i suppose it's a start

whatever

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 10:08 pm » by Eliakim

OK, lets look at this one. Bono was at the 80th birthday of Desmond Tutu. Bono was in bed with Tony Blair, Obama and Richard Branson. Branson supports Tutu and what he now calls his support of the 'elders'.

Dalai Lama didn't receive his visa to go the party. I wrote about it on our blog over the weekend. He called the 'communists' 'hypocrites' because China call him a 'demon'.

In my days working in London Agencies, TV departments job was to submit scripts to the ITCA for approval prior to filming. They had to be stamped. If not a company on behalf of their client, the advertiser, could spend fortunes on an filming an ad campaign and then it would not be able to run if it contravened current agreements with the industry.

In some cases, a script could be referred to a third party, e.g. if it included gay people, disabled, feminists, etc. Then the agency would have to discuss the script with the third party as well as the ITCA. After the film was made it was then sent for approval again prior to completion for approval and sign off. In my day, everything had to be approved prior to an advertisement running.

Here are examples.
http://www.commercialapprovals.co.nz/

So who are Clearcast?

http://www.clearcast.co.uk/

TV commercials have been getting a lot more political to sell products. There is a new political consciousness being utilized in advertising to reach the hearts of the target audience. The LEVI ad is a perfect example of that with the protesters and the voice of Russell Means.

Its been going on for a very long time. Check out the 1984 Apple commercial that ran 20 years ago.

Prior to the internet, people who worked in advertising agencies, e.g the creative script writers were more knowing then their regulators.

However, I see little difference between the bono famine ad and charity ads. Its about famine.

Anyone that is going to listen to Bono already knows about the famine, and clearly, in this economic climate, the general public are not generally supportive to giving money for what the country clearly cannot afford.

So who is behind One Org?

As far as I am aware the King of Jordan is part of it.

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 10:19 pm » by Cwmman

i think bono could solve the famine problem on his own with all the wealth he (and the rest of the lovie`s have)............ or maybe we can all go and pay to go to charity gigs to sort the proplem out, again.
Why do charities start with the `rich` asking the `poor` for money ???

There is only so much money you need, but for some reason fame is pricless.
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—
after they’ve tried everything else.
Winston Churchill.

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 10:51 pm » by Doogle

cwmman wrote:i think bono could solve the famine problem on his own with all the wealth he (and the rest of the lovie`s have)............ or maybe we can all go and pay to go to charity gigs to sort the proplem out, again.
Why do charities start with the `rich` asking the `poor` for money ???

There is only so much money you need, but for some reason fame is pricless.

Yup, too right. :flop:

Weird though, Bono's concern for the poor, and hence, famine stricken people doesn't extend to his decision to move part of his (and U2's) company to a Dutch tax shelter which contributes to hundreds of millions of £/$ being diverted from the poorest countries through tax evasion.
Strange, that. What a prick.

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 10:52 pm » by Eliakim

So the question is this, what is the real motivation of Bono and one.org? Once I saw that the people that support one.org, actually stand against Israel. I was not impressed. Nor was I impressed that they call themselves an NGO, yet they do not respond to emails.

One.org is supported by all of the celebrities that supported Obama.

So if Bono was really in integrity, would he be sleeping with the people that he does? Remember this that Bono helped to get Tony Blair elected in the UK. The same Tony Blair that supported Bush with Iraq. The same government that had Gordon Brown that brought in over 100 stealth taxes, and sold the nations gold to prop up the euro. Even though the UK isn't even in the EURO.
:hugging:

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 11:24 pm » by Eliakim

Red Tie

Upload to Disclose.tv

The Palestinian leaders have already said that they will never agree to a two state solution on Middle Eastern TV.

What people view in the West is different to what they say on Middle Eastern TV.

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 11:29 pm » by Eliakim

ONE.ORG

BILL GATES
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ONE_Campaign

During the 2008 U.S. presidential election the organization launched a campaign, called ONE Vote '08, which was co-chaired by former U.S. Senate majority leaders Tom Daschle (D-SD) and Bill Frist (R-TN). The campaign is named after the song "One" by rock band U2, of which the campaign's co-founder Bono is a member.

Non political, oh yea, they do make me laugh....

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 10, 2011 11:40 pm » by Eliakim

eliakim wrote:OK, lets look at this one. Bono was at the 80th birthday of Desmond Tutu. Bono was in bed with Tony Blair, Obama and Richard Branson. Branson supports Tutu and what he now calls his support of the 'elders'.

Dalai Lama didn't receive his visa to go the party. I wrote about it on our blog over the weekend. He called the 'communists' 'hypocrites' because China call him a 'demon'.

In my days working in London Agencies, TV departments job was to submit scripts to the ITCA for approval prior to filming. They had to be stamped. If not a company on behalf of their client, the advertiser, could spend fortunes on an filming an ad campaign and then it would not be able to run if it contravened current agreements with the industry.

In some cases, a script could be referred to a third party, e.g. if it included gay people, disabled, feminists, etc. Then the agency would have to discuss the script with the third party as well as the ITCA. After the film was made it was then sent for approval again prior to completion for approval and sign off. In my day, everything had to be approved prior to an advertisement running.

Here are examples.
http://www.commercialapprovals.co.nz/

So who are Clearcast?

http://www.clearcast.co.uk/

TV commercials have been getting a lot more political to sell products. There is a new political consciousness being utilized in advertising to reach the hearts of the target audience. The LEVI ad is a perfect example of that with the protesters and the voice of Russell Means.

Its been going on for a very long time. Check out the 1984 Apple commercial that ran 20 years ago.

Prior to the internet, people who worked in advertising agencies, e.g the creative script writers were more knowing then their regulators.

However, I see little difference between the bono famine ad and charity ads. Its about famine.

Anyone that is going to listen to Bono already knows about the famine, and clearly, in this economic climate, the general public are not generally supportive to giving money for what the country clearly cannot afford.

So who is behind One Org?

As far as I am aware the King of Jordan is part of it.

Here's Tutu, one campaign.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Next